Whose dreams are you in?

purple_scorp

Hey all.

I am a regular dreamer and I remember every detail of my dreams. I dream about all kinds of things and people (some I know, some I don't).

So I got to thinking, if these people pop up in my dreams, I must pop up in other people's dreams.

Do you ever wonder, whose dreams are you in?

Cheers

purple_scorp

lunalafey

Whoa- interesting thought, kinda reminds me of the day I actually stopped and thought about- friends & family (and everyone else)have a reality even when I'm not there! {wonder what they are doing?}

Ever get that person that insists that they know you?
Ever see a person you seem to really know, from somewhere?
maybe it's all in a dream?

how would you go about finding out? :D

The people in my dreams are usually strangers. People from my past follow and then those in my everyday life are the least seen.

Kahlie

Dreaming

I hardly ever dream a dream featuring me.
I always have vidid dreams (Probably caused by medication) that always end up being translated into stories.
Sometimes I dream them two or three times.
On average I can remember 1-3 dreams every morning.

When I do a have a dream featuring me, I always try to decipher what it is trying to say.

I know I pop up in my ex's dreams. (He told me so himself) I don't know about anybody else. I remember when we where just together, I always asked him if he dreamt about me. (And he never remembered anything).

Just last week he told me he dreamt about me, and vididly enough to ask me if everything was alright.

Now I am wondering if somebody else might dream about me too =)

purple_scorp

Hi lunalafey,

I know what you mean.....sometimes I have to stop myself and think, what if my life is just one big dream?

Did you see that movie The Truman Show with Jim Carrey. His life was just one big TV show, from the moment of birth till the day he found out and escaped the set. Everybody in his life were paid actors, playing a part.

I thought it was very profound.

What if we are all in a TV show? Did you ever think about walking to the edge to tear down the set and break free?

Regarding people from your past popping up in dreams....I saw a tv show once about dreams and their interpretations. Some expert said that people from the past only pop up in your dreams if you have some unresolved issue with them.

I have occasional dreams about a guy that often asked me out when I was in high school. I didn't want to go out with him, so I made feeble excuses because at the time, I thought I would hurt his feelings if I told him the truth. Hmm, hindsight is a wonderful thing. When he appears in my dreams, it is usual of an intimate or sexual nature. I was hoping I'd have a chance to level with him at a recent school reunion, and apologise for not telling him the truth all of those years ago. Anyhow, he didn't go, so every now and again, he pops up in my dreams.

I had a cool dream last night, I'm going to post it in another thread.

Cheers

purple_scorp

Moonbow

Now, this has got me thinking....

Was it you purple_scorp who had a dream about me in a tarot shop?

I can't quite remember what it was about now but there was alot of pink around (or so I seem to remember being told)

I have dreamt about many people on AT. Mainly about those who have posted photos. And I dream about the cards alot too.

purple_scorp

Hello Moonbow*

yes, it was me that dreamt about you owning a cool Spiritual shop in NY. And yes, there was a lot of pink in that dream. You sold many cool things, including Tarot decks and you had a beautiful little tented-cave area where you did your readings. There were lots of things hanging down from the ceiling it was a very pretty and inspiring shop.

In fact, you are the only AT member that I've ever dreamt about and now that I've seen your picture in the Chat section, it wasn't physically you in the dream....it must have been your spirit.

If it's any consolation, you look better in real life than you did in my dream :) In the dream you were older, a lot bigger (let's just say you were jolly) LOL. It's funny really because I probably had an image of what you looked like before I had that dream, and before I saw your pic and both turned out to be completely different.

Cheers

purple_scorp

ScarabFlight

I had a strange experience last night. I IM'd a friend to tell her that I 've been having a dream about us in rehearsals for a show that we used to be in together. (over a year ago) There are only two people that I can recognize, the others are pretty much just "dream people". I've been having this dream rather frequently, about three or four times just this past week! So I wrote to her to tell her and she said that she has been having the same types of dreams and she could see me and one other of our friends in her dreams. (The same one I've seen in my dreams as well) AND this other friend has been having the same dreams!!

Okay so two people having the same kind of dreams is pretty crazy but three?! And the three people that are all in each others dreams? It wouldn't be so strange if they were my very best friends and we hung out all the time, but that's not the case.

It makes you wonder what is going on and if you are all sharing the same dreams? When I'm talking to her in my dream does she hear me in hers?

purple_scorp

Dear ScarabFlight.

Wow. That sounds to me like what is called Morphic Resonance or synchronicity. Tapping into the Universal thread.

In 1995, I wrote a children's novel (unpublished) about a boy that found a pair of Magic basketball boots and played like a champion when he wore them.

About two years ago, a film "Like Mike" (I think that is what it was called), was released. As I sat there watching it with my kids, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was my story. So, I'm thinking that the screenplay was probably written at a similar time to when I wrote my story. And I had possibly tapped into the Universal thread of ideas at the time.

Just goes to show how powerful our thoughts and words are.

Cheers

purple_scorp

Pook

Wow, Scarabflight....that's the kind of thing that gives me goosebumps!! Not to keep comparing things to movies, but have you seen the movie Dreamcatcher? All of the friends in that movie have the same dream (or at least keep dreaming of the same person, I can't remember which) and what a creepy movie!!

I wish I could remember my dreams as vividly as you, though...I just get little blurps here and there that don't really make sense.

purple_scorp

Hi MoonDreameR,

you can train yourself to remember dreams. Just start writing down all the things that you remember, and pretty soon you'll see that you are remembering heaps.

Cheers

purple_scorp