Why do I get different tarot readings each time?

Dreamkitty

The first day that I did my tarot reading I tested it by asking "if i am 20years old" using yes and no answers and it was really accurate, tested it with a few other questions, accurate again. I was really impressed.

And then I said a question relating to something I really want to happen. Like a wish. And then when I did the tarot reading I got a positive answer and it was so weird because even though I randomly chose the cards, in my reading I drew up the "Wheel of Fortune" card alog with the card that says a wish will come true, can't remember exactly the name, I think it was a Major arcana card. And that gave me alot of hope.

So everyday I asked the same question few days my asnwer was consistent and just 2 days ago the tarot gives conflicting messages and the answers are not that accurate. Do you think its because Im asking the same question too many times?

Shall I bellieve the very first reading I got? :)

ncefafn

The future is not set in stone. It changes with each person's breath and each person's heartbeat. You are not going to get the same cards ad infinitum because you do not live the same life every single day. Every single day, you are a slightly different person, with a slightly different path. This is part of the multiverse conundrum. Relax and enjoy the ride.

irisa

I'm sure if you ask the same question too many times the cards get bored and let you know. In my experience yes/no questions are the worst they often throw the towel in and give a - how the hell should I know answer. I avoid those types of questions.

irisa :)

gregory

What irisa said. Asking the same thing over and over never works.

Also - the cards don't take kindly to being tested. If you don't believe in them, don't use them. If you do, don't test them.

Nytebugg

In my tarot class one week we had to read on a changing situation every day for several days as homework. the goal wasn't to test the deck but to understand how the cards can change as the situation changes. it was very interesting watching some of the same cards come up but in different positions.
I have never asked my deck how old I am. I have asked my pendulum that.

queenxofxwands

Yes, the cards have a funny way of letting you know you're overdoing a question sometimes too, i used to do this a lot, and all i ever got after the first time was a load of negative cards that in hindsight were really telling me to let it go, i already had my answer

nisaba

Dreamkitty said:
The first day that I did my tarot reading I tested it by asking "if i am 20years old" using yes and no answers and it was really accurate,
Funny, I wasn't aware that there were "yes" and "no" cards in the deck. Mine must be missing.

Honestly, questions like that are silly. You already know the answer. It's a bit like asking a maths professor what two plus five is - he's likely to answer 76,730 or zero and throw you out of class; or asking a great painter like Rembrandt to prove his credentials by telling you what colour the sky is - he's likely to tell you it's orange, you idiot. <grin>

Dreamkitty said:
And then I said a question relating to something I really want to happen. Like a wish. And then when I did the tarot reading I got a positive answer
You haven't read many of the discussions here, have you <warm smile>. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that when you read for yourself or people you know about (as opposed to reading for strangers), the cards will reflect whats on your mind, not so much what's actually likely.

Dreamkitty said:
I drew up the "Wheel of Fortune" card
This often indicates that there will be ups and downs: that you cannot rely on anything, good or bad, to hang around permanently.

Dreamkitty said:
alog with the card that says a wish will come true,
<smile> My decks don't really have one of those, either.

Dreamkitty said:
and just 2 days ago the tarot gives conflicting messages and the answers are not that accurate. Do you think its because Im asking the same question too many times?
Asking the same things repeatedly indicates that you don't believe what you were told the first time. I know if I were providing a service and someone didn't believe or trust me, I'd get fed up.

Umbrae

Dreamkitty said:
The first day that I did my tarot reading I tested it...
Please excuse me, but I'm curious about 'testing' Tarot.

I mean...what are we testing here?

Then there's the aspect of 'believing in a reading'.

Personally, I'd like to hear what you think Tarot is, and how does it work. You gotta know that before you can test it or believe in it - right?

oooo I gotta test the cornbread - see if its done, gotta scoot...

starshine81

The more i had positive feedback the more i believed in this powerful instrument and the more my readings came accurate. The key is to trust your own intuition and to respect this art. testing is not respecting is just making fun of.

Libra8ca

Dreamkitty said:
So everyday I asked the same question few days my asnwer was consistent and just 2 days ago the tarot gives conflicting messages and the answers are not that accurate. Do you think its because Im asking the same question too many times?

Shall I bellieve the very first reading I got? :)

With ESP experiments, researchers have found that the ESP ability decreases with repetition of an experiment; the psychic faculty of the participants becomes "tired". I think something similar may be happening here. There is a "psychic element" (for lack of a better term) involved in tarot readings and I think it does not respond well to constant repetition. ;)