My review is up...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/wiccan/review.shtml

"The Dance of Life"

The light at the edge of the forest, where the near shadows comfort
and the far shadows call, while the Sun still shines beside you as you
pause, held by the beckoning closeness of the light dappled bramble
and woods. Or the hue of the Moon when seen to rise full at twilight
with a beeswax tan, glowing ever more clearly and brightly as the
last wisps of dusk blend into night's newly glittering canopy of stars.
These are the sensations that come first to mind as I meditate upon
the Wiccan Cards by Nada Mesar.
[Continued]

Sophie

I've just received these! How lovely and serene they are - I agree with Lillie, the Art Nouveau look is a gentle introduction. I was looking through them at a café just now, and a couple started talking to me. Turns out he wants a reading (Tarot) and she wants to know more about Wicca (I told her I was a total beginner in that path too, but I could at least point her in a couple of directions, thanks to catlin - and I showed her the box and editor, catlin).

Funny synchronicity. And interesting conversation we had. And all thanks to the Wicca Cards!

So now - to the study group :)

catlin

Oh, this is nice that you had such a wonderful talk thanks to the Wiccan Cards ;)

6 Haunted Days

I should be recieving these next week, the scans I've seen so far are stunning. I am sure I bypassed these because of "Wicca" being in the title, but looking at them I can certainly have my own meanings and fit right into my tradition. And only $10!

Queen of Disks

I just got these yesterday, (good price) and I like them already. I can see myself adding to the LWBs meanings (and making up my own reversed meanings for some cards). Hopefully I will get alot of miles out of them. (I read about Wicca when I was a teenager, so I know what 's going on in the cards.) Nice job, everybody.

pippi

Does anyone know of a site that shows ALL the card images in this deck?

Bernice

Wiccan Cards (LS) - Athame

The Wiccan cards have arrived.

I shall henceforth post to myself re. these cards. At least I'll get an understandable response.

Now, I'm not really a 'fan' of Wicca at all (new age psuedo-twaddle). But as there are no good authentic Craft cards out there (and I HAVE looked), this deck was within my price range, and has at least 5 images that I can connect with, plus I really like the one with sheep. Haven't taken the shrink-wrap off yet so don't know what the LWB says about it, probably Imbolc.

I have a friend, who has now moved miles & miles away. he has a wonderful real Craft deck. Hoping he will release it .... sometime, somewhen. Until then, I'll continue useing my very own deck, and also have a go at this Wicca deck - Oh! I so dislike this name of Wicca!!

Gonna take the shrink-wrap off now.... excitment... like walking in an unsullied field of snow :)

From Bee, to Bee :)

Bernice

First impressions after looking through the deck and reading the LWB. I'm listing the brick-bats first.

Brick-bats:
1) Unimpressed with a good 96% of the card meanings in the LWB. If people have taken these on-board, it's no wonder that no-ones here.
2) 9: The May Pole, naff pic.But yes, Beltane. (I prefer my own 'handfast' card)
3) 13 Samhain: This is a U.S. flavoured card. (Pumpkins - I would have liked Apples)
4) 16 Norns: These look to be a cheery bunch, but the Norns wern't known for that. Plus, one should have been veiled.
5) 19 Cat: This sweet little cutie is looking askance at some acorns. Not exactly my idea of a Cat in the craft.
6) 20 Ring: Wishy-washy yellowey pic. Shame 'cos the actual image itself is fine.
7) 24 Butterfly: At first I thought there was a sock or shoe hanging from the tree. Nope - it's the crysalis. Like the butterfly.
8) 25 BOS: First impression = Doesn't look like a book at all. O.K, accept that it is, and then see the candles. I would've preferred to have them the other way around, Black on the cards' left-side, White on the right-side. This pic implys that you (the reader/viewer) are on the 'inside' between the Pillars, looking out to the mundane world - where your BOS is situated! Visually misleading.
9) 29 The Besom/broomstick: Cute & curly crappy broomstick.

Bouquets:
1) I can use all of these cards. However, none will have the meanings that have been assigned to them, save for the obvious Festival ones, and the God/Goddess cards. (.... with some modification)
2) The soft colours appeal to me - although I'd prefer them to have less yellow. Not fond of the yellowey over-cast.
3) Overall, bar a few cards, the images stand out nice and clearly.
4) Lovely size! Soooo much much easier to shuffle and handle.
5) There are 12 card images that I really like - am happy with.

Initial conclusion: A very teen-wicca deck. However, the simplicity of the images allows a lot of lee-way for adaptation. Pleased about this, because other decks in this vein have 'closed' images, leaving little room for depth & expansion of their meanings.

Let's see how I get on.

From Bee to Bee :)

Bernice

Right - drew cards to see how we would get on, this deck & I. Very encouraging. Then decided to do a small Lenormand type spread.
Oh YES! We gonna get along fine according to this combination of cards.

he he he... tickled pink... off to play again.

Bee