Wierd Feelin, Anyone...???

TarotBoy

Has anyone gotten this wierd feeling that as soon as you touch your cards, you get a cold sensation on your arms and up your arms...? I have had this many times... Why is that...?

Astraea Aurora

Hi TarotBoy

I have this quite often when I shuffle, but the other way round. My left arm and hand become warm and start to prickle. I take this as a sign that I've shuffled enough and the cards are in the best order to answer my question.

I could imagine that it means just the same if you feel a cold sensation. A sign that its the perfect card for an answer.

Astraea Aurora

Glass Owl

Ruling out a medical condition or environmental cause such a draft, you may be experiencing cold spots. A cold spot is an area marked by a drastic drop in temperature, often thought to indicate the presence of something paranormal or supernatural such as a spirit, ghost, or other unexplainable phenomena. It is thought that a ghost/entity may use the energy in a particular spot to manifest itself, and by doing so, creates a cold mass. They may also drain batteries trying to get enough energy to manifest themselves.

It is possible that there is an entity/ghost/spirit in your home (which is where I'm assuming you are using your cards) and that it is very interested in Tarot or is attempting to use the Tarot to communicate with you. If you have a digital recorder you may get some interesting EVPs if you were to record your Tarot readings, especially if you speak out aloud about what you are doing.

TarotBoy

Wow, I figured it may be something liek that, I'v used the ouija bacj then and the same thing, and after im done with my cards that feeling wont go away... it happens with whatever cards I use, also when im done, I get the feeling taht im being seen, its wired, the cold sensation is like a tingle in my hands then up my arms... I odd...

celticnoodle

oh, yes, it could be a spirit lurking about! especially if you have and use a ouija board. i have mixed feelings about them. i'm quite interested in it and even had one as a teen myself. however, i think you are allowing yourself to be open to receiving any spirit--including those up to no good. so be careful.

since you are feeling cold spots, and cold sensations on yourself, why not do a cleansing ritual in your home, and also to your board and cards? also be sure to ground yourself. can't hurt anything. so, do that and see if that helps. you can find information on all of this here on AT.

TarotBoy

I used the board like around 3 or 4 years ago, then my dad threw it away due to a horrific & horrible bad expirience, but that was back then, It's just funny... when i get those cold spots, my cards always show 2 or 3 cards again and again when I shuffle and lay them out, the nit ends up happening adn I end up with blurry flashes of images...

kisou

Yeah, I would have to recommend grounding and creating some sort of cleansing ritual for yourself and the area you might be using.

From something I read, I heard that spirits you might call up through an Ouija board might decide to stick around for a while and cause some damage. It'd probably be best to protect yourself even just for the sake of a more accurate reading without a spirit trying to influence your interpretations by merely being present.

Glass Owl

kisou said:
From something I read, I heard that spirits you might call up through an Ouija board might decide to stick around for a while and cause some damage.
Very true. If there are other things going on in your house and the level of paranormal activity is such that it is negatively interfering with your life (such as hindering your ability to do the things you love, like Tarot, in peace) you may want contact a paranormal group to help you, such as TAPS at http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com. They have teams around the world and they do not charge for an investigation.

53rdspirit

Hello TarotBoy.

I know exactly what you mean about the cold, tingling feeling in your hands and up your arms, almost like holding a vibrating item--although I do not get that from my tarot cards. I have had that feeling three times in my life --once from picking up a dead crow that had been killed by a hawk in order to bury it, another time from handling a real human skull in an antique store, and the last time when I handled an old worked voodoo/hoodoo doll. So, it makes me think it is an energy of some type. I have handled a lot of occult items, because I collect them, and these were the only three that provided me that phenomenon. I wear gloves and protection now--the three things listed above were in my earlier days.

TarotBoy

Yeah, Once I touch the tarot cards & when im shuffeling them, I get a cold sensation on my hands the up my arms...