Wildwood Tarot

Daemon Lover

The two of vessels is an interesting representation of the RWS two of cups!

I have no probs with the Ancestor, but the two of vessels is kinda freaking me out the more I look at it!

Must avert my eyes...must avert my eyes...!

GryffinSong

Thank you Gregory! I actually like all those cards, so now I am officially doomed!!! LOL

I agree with the idea that the horse head is an older (more primitive) form of horse, which I think is very appropriate for a druid-based deck. Although the head isn't as pretty (to my modern eye) as some of the modern horses, I love it in the context of the deck.

Thanks again for the scans, and now I'll have to twiddle my thumbs until June when its released in the states!!! :)

Sulis

I think those animal headed people look more like people doing rituals wearing animal heads as masks so they don't bother me at all..
I'm quite liking the look of this deck but won't be getting it since I have enough decks and I just know I wouldn't use it.

GryffinSong

Sulis said:
I think those animal headed people look more like people doing rituals wearing animal heads as masks so they don't bother me at all..
I'm quite liking the look of this deck but won't be getting it since I have enough decks and I just know I wouldn't use it.

I agree that they look like masks, except perhaps for the stag-headed man. I shouldn't buy another deck, but as it's only $10 on pre-order, and I have until June to get it, I'm sure I will!!! ;)

Carla

I'm the one who brought up the animal-headed people. I've spent hours with this deck since I first opened it, and I'm used to them now. But I have to say, I don't like the 2 of Vessels in particular. Ancestor and Stag are kinda cool. I get that.

Trailgirl

...I contacted the artist's website...:-( will get my deck at the beginning of May..ah, the wait. (But I do not want to cancel the order.)

Personally, I am glad the cards are not oversized as I like to travel etc. so standard cards are more practical.
Just hope the art doesn't suffer ? (asking those who like it ;-))

shadowdancer

they are nice people at BD. i cancelled the order citing the fact it takes 58 days when in fact the deck is already out (I understand the arguements of UK / US availability) and they instantly refunded AND offered a 10% discount code by way of apology for this. In fairness they didn't need to do that.

So, for now?? I have not re-ordered the deck. I have a feeling having seen more it is not for me. The images shown here on the decks part of the forum of AT were stunning. I don't see that same vibe throughout on other images seen, so will sit back on the fence for a while.

Re-used the refund already though - a Bathroom Reader book :D Saw a couple for the first time here in Borders at the weekend and they looked rather fun/interesting. I read in the bath so seems a marriage made in heaven :D

Davina

gregory

Mine came from BD - on time.

Carla

Trailgirl said:
Personally, I am glad the cards are not oversized as I like to travel etc. so standard cards are more practical.
Just hope the art doesn't suffer ? (asking those who like it ;-))

I think the art looks just fine at this size. It doesn't seem distorted to fit the card, and I can make out all the details easily. Most of the cards have good, rich colours (a few look a little washed out).