working title: Tarot Sexualis

Cat*

Hannafate said:
The leash is nicely subtle. :)

5 The Heirophant, Old Guard leatherman
Looking forward to that! He'll be gay, right?

Speaking of which: Are we getting male/female couples only? And can I special-order a very, very, very masculine 'woman' in one (or several) of the cards? :)

7 The Chariot, a pony cart, male driver, female pony
How about two ponies? Two women, or one woman, one man?

11 Justice, a shemale, seeing both sides of the gender issue
I'll admit that I cringe at the term 'shemale' because so many people feel insulted by it. I still know what you mean, though. :) And now I'm thinking about the different "flavors" of the card that would come with illustrating it with either an hermaphrodite/intersexual (although that also is a traditional World image), a transwoman, a transman, or a genderqueer person (in the sense of identifying as both male and female or neither/nor)...

16 The Tower. Electrical play.... ?
I still like fisting for the Tower. I keep thinking "overwhelming" here, the release of strong emotions, catharsis...

17 The Star. Water...?
Golden showers?

These are just very spontaneous reactions, so I may come back and add more thoughts later. I'm really interested in finding out more about your reasoning for your choices - but I guess we'll be able to read that in the companion book? :D

Egypt Urnash

Hannafate said:
Right now, the deck is still pretty hetero. There are more sexual variations than there are cards. I can't fit everything in!

Obviously, you need to do a full 78-card deck!

Hannafate

I'll see what I can do. :D

breathlessmahoney

I am really loving what I'm seeing. I can't wait to see more and I can't wait to buy it. Keep up the phenomenal work!!!

FatesLady

Hannafate said:
Maybe a flasher?
Oh, God no, I hope not, I LOVE the hermit. The Magician sort of kills the deck for me, though. It looks like a woman's head photoshopped onto a man's body.

Hannafate

He is a very pretty boy.

RexMalaki

Hannafate said:
He is a very pretty boy.

He is.

His youth and gender ambivalence are the Hermes influence (with a touch of Aphrodite).

On the Lovers maybe she is flirting with two men, or he with two women, to bring the idea of choice between saying safe and secure and getting into the shiznit and taking a chance. Maybe not...cause I can see another dude trying to get her attention just off-card.

I'm really liking this deck.

For the World, the Anima Mundi is surrounded by the four corners/elements...I think you already know what it should look like though...it is the final destination of the unfolding parade.

When can I buy this deck?

We are all sexual beings. Libido, Sexualis. The hero's journey depicted as sexual allegory.

The Sun is when the Empress and Emperor cum together...outdoors...in the sunlight...after that is your Renewal, and the Empress is pregnant, about to give birth to the World Soul.

...great deck idea...I'm no artist, but if I could draw like you I'd make a Tarot! The cards look good some are shocking, when I first saw the Temperance it was like a gut-punch.

The Moon is awesome, and I can't wait to see the Fool.