Would it be wrong of me to...

Mateo06

One of my friends went to jail tonight, and I was going to do a reading on why this situation happened as it did. I know there's a lie in this stinky mess of human drama, but I want to know where this lie lays before I offer bail money.

I try not to do readings that peek in on other peoples lives, but I was asked to be a witness by my friend, and was denied by the officer because I was not present for the particular event. I was present for prior events that do have relevance to the event in question and I was sure that said friend was not at fault, but yet he did end up in jail.

My question, can I ethically do a reading to see why such events unfolded as they did.

I have also learned that life is better lived without glimpses from the future, but I want answers now. Is it okay to do a reading to seek answers you will recieve eventually?

214red

well if your going to put up bail money as your gut is wavering on what he told you i think you should use the means you have at hand to see if you can get to the bottom of this and reassure yourself your doing the right thing.

i would do the reading, but dont ignore your gut instinct regardless of the cards.

Miss Divine

I agree with 214red.
If I was in your situation, I would most definitely do a reading on it too.

Good luck!

gregory

Even I (the anti third party readings fanatic !) would read before putting up bail money ! Good luck.

Jean Jeannie

even with out a reading trust your gut

SphinYote

Tarot aside, check your city and county websites as well.

There should be a link to the court system, and possibly a link that will get you to a search function in which you can enter people's names and get information about legal issues, encounters with the law....on my county website it's called "Public Access".

Lets just say I have some interesting relatives and lots of lies and counter-lies running throughout he family rumor mill and I've occasionally found it useful to go there to sort things out.

Though, since this is so recent, it might not be up yet, and you will be able to see any other criminal history he might have, whether it be as simple as a speeding ticket or anything else.

And of course if you suspect that law enforcement is in the wrong as you indicate, the site will probably be of little help, but just throwing it out there as a means of getting at that side of the story....

Lillie

You can do what you want, it's a free country.

But I'd be damned if I'd put up bail money for someone.

Unless it's my son, or possibly my husband, and then I would feel obliged too.

But someone I'm not related too?
No way.

Jaqueline

Yes, I would read the cards. BUT - I spend my afternoon break every day with Judge Judy - okay, laugh everyone - but alot of the cases are over bail money - no one EVER gets paid back & the friendship ends badly - & I will add that I have been there/done that too. Lesson learned - let people pay their own bail. That's the only way they learn from their mistakes, & usually, there is enough lieing & guilt to be spread around to all the parties involved. Just MHO.

Libra8ca

Jaqueline said:
Yes, I would read the cards. BUT - I spend my afternoon break every day with Judge Judy - okay, laugh everyone - but alot of the cases are over bail money - no one EVER gets paid back & the friendship ends badly - & I will add that I have been there/done that too. Lesson learned - let people pay their own bail. That's the only way they learn from their mistakes, & usually, there is enough lieing & guilt to be spread around to all the parties involved. Just MHO.

I second that. I have been disappointed too many times by friends so that I would never bail them out - only very close family and even then I would think very hard about it. There have been people (even family) that have done things that I would never think possible (and not in a good way) so that I have become *extremely* careful with trust.

Hathor

Jaqueline said:

I'm third on this. When it comes to money, people behave very badly. I've been there also and have been burned and betrayed. People must learn and find their own way and not at the expense of others. Go with your instincts but be careful with your money.