WOW! Scored 3 Decks!

Gia

I love when the universe is on my side.
I attended a dance convention yesterday, one that I knew wasn't going to be particularly well attended...but a student of mine was dancing and I wanted to be there to lend my support...ditto a visit to a garden art show earlier in the day...pleasant enough...but I was realy there to lend support...so I get a text while I am there...from a former student (who was a BLAZING pain and has gone out of her way to do and say unkind things to me). She's cleaning up her life and found decks...she knew that I was a reader and asked if I wanted them. Sure....why not right?
She brought me 3 BRAND NEW (opened, but completely unused) decks, a Kabbalah deck, a Rider Deck (which I never added to my collection...so it's nice to have), and The Alchemical Tarot (which I just discovered to my delight is actually worth some cha-CHING!)
If this isn't a big kiss on the forehead from the universe...I dunno what is!

KMilliron

Dude, karma. :D

Carla

That was very kind and thoughtful of her.

Cassandra022

congrats. lucky you, especially about the Alchemical!

Sulis

Good for you :).
What edition of The Alchemical is it? The first edition has Roman or Greek style pillars framing the image and is much harder to find than the more recent Alchemical Renewed.

Gia

Sulis said:
Good for you :).
What edition of The Alchemical is it? The first edition has Roman or Greek style pillars framing the image and is much harder to find than the more recent Alchemical Renewed.

Thanks for letting me know...I just checked and found the pillars surrounding each card!

Gia

Carla said:
That was very kind and thoughtful of her.

It's more to the point that she was working off some guilt about the way she'd treated me and hoping that this would act as a peace offering...she never needed to do anything but act kindly...but...yuh...good Karma and a few decks go a long way towards mending fences too!

Sulis

Gia said:
Thanks for letting me know...I just checked and found the pillars surrounding each card!

That's the very expensive one then :).
Both editions are now out of print but that's the older version which was highly sought after for years and prompted the reissue in the form of The Alchemical Renewed.

Gia

Sulis said:
That's the very expensive one then :).
Both editions are now out of print but that's the older version which was highly sought after for years and prompted the reissue in the form of The Alchemical Renewed.

Wow...that is amazing! I may have to put this one up for sale...I don't think it deserves to sit on a shelf and I'm not sure that I would read from it...as much as the images are really striking! Not sure...

EoMg

Amazing... who just finds valuable out of print decks while cleaning up their life? All I find is junk :)