Wreck a Deck?

Dusk Till Dawn

I thought about me beeing Picky with cards and Boxes and everything else.
I think in Order to Change that, I need to commit myself to take one Deck, do whatever the heck I please with it. Drop it in a puddle, write on it, bent the cards, dragg it with me everywhere I go.
I just have a need to do that. Now, which Deck? And, anyone want to join me?

canid

Yesss!! Freeee yourself! And I'd suggest starting with gummy bears. Sleep with it, wear it (pocket) taking it in & out several times a day, that way it's sure to get dog earred, do not even LOOK at the surface you're getting ready to lay them on, cook with them, you could even use one for a coaster!

Dusk Till Dawn

hm.. That's a good idea. I thought I would start, with throwing away the Box from a Deck, then write in the LWB , rip pages out, and then move on to the Deck.

Mellaenn

Aaaaaargggggh! OMG, people, I probably need to do this because just the mere reading of your suggestions puts my teeth on edge...:grin:

214red

give it to kids....they will distress

Wendywu

Umm - my Ironwing has been travelling everywhere with me for the last seven months. Work (cards dealt onto the desk), home (cards dealt wherever I happen to be) - anywhere. I shuffle while my husband drives; I peer at cards when I'm sitting around outside. If I feel like it the bag goes under my pillow at night.

All it gets is better and more loved.....

Bar using the cards as plates I don't know what else I can do :D

emmsma

EEEEEEEYYYYYY!

Your thread is freaking me out! I DO take my decks with me everywhere I go. Even my Meneghello Soprafino has its own bag for travel - sans box - but all this other stuff ... its just too much!

Good luck though, with your deck wrecking.

AJ

You need to get thyself to the pimp your pack thread. Where we enter the dark side of deck ownership...where you own the deck rather than the deck owning you. It's just paper.

jackdaw*

I guess you could say I did that. I gave a Grimaud TdM (a '63? The one with just English titles, anyway) to the not-quite-two-year-old offspring. For her very own, a sacrifice so that she'd be occupied, perhaps develop an interest in Tarot, and most importantly leave my other decks alone. She's wrecking it nicely, thank you :)

The box is long gone, the booklet well creased. And the cards? Well ... let's just say they're somewhat the worse for wear. They've gathered so much dust, and tire tracks from the desk chair, and creases and bends ... I'd give her sharpie markers and the deck, but not just the deck would be permanently coloured! But it'd be fun to find out.

Dusk Till Dawn

AJ said:
You need to get thyself to the pimp your pack thread. Where we enter the dark side of deck ownership...where you own the deck rather than the deck owning you. It's just paper.
I looked at that thread, and I think it's beautiful what People are doing with their Decks. But I am not artisticly inclined.
I have a Book called wreck my Journal, and I read through it, and I like the idea of messing something up so badly.
When I was afraid of spiders, I got the Hugest Tarantula I could find, it grossed me out at first, but i lost my Fear of Tarantulas, it worked. I am still afraid of small spiders though. LOL.
For me it would be a lot to just start with the Box, than Booklet and then the Deck itself. It's weird sometimes when I get a New Deck, I am afraid of opening the Package, just because there might be something wrong with one card, or the box. It takes me days to open it.
It sounds totally crazy, that's why I came up with this.