Ya never know where you can drum up business,...

Baroli

I had two places to go to today. One was to get my hair cut; was looking a bit ragged and needed some serious cutting. The other was to pick up my new glasses (friggin bi-focal 8&%0#_*%). I have to get used to them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I get to my stylist and she's there waiting for me, a gal from Scotland with a lovely lilting voice, telling me all about her family and friends getting together for the celebration of Easter. Now, this is a small shop, 2-3 operators and various other people sitting waiting their turn for hair cuts and colors, stripping, and frosting etc. We are talking away and of course, I just happen to mention that the spring is a great time to get a reading done. (Yes, she knows I am a reader and you have to make your own openings, I forget what Zig Ziegler calls that, but you need to in order to get the ball rolling). Well, first, my girl asks for a business card, which I gladly give, then come the other two operators, then about 5-6 customers. So hopefully these people will call and make app't with me. A lot of questions were asked and ME THE DUMMY THAT I AM DID NOT HAVE MY DECK ON ME!!!!!

I leave with promises and no app't. Soooooo dumb. My good friend Umbrae has told me a million times, ALWAYS CARRY A DECK!!

Even if you give a small reading to just one person, others get attracted and want theirs or will make an appointment with you. Or if they are shy, they will ask for a email reading or over the phone.

So lesson learned here is,...always be prepared. Ooops the phone is ringing and it's one of those people who got my card. (yes, I took names and yes, thank God for caller id). :D

afrosaxon

Way to go, Baroli! :D

*makes mental note to put a deck in my purse*

T.

Sheri

AWESOME, Baroli!

My office is in a building with 2 hair salons. One is right next door! I know in other venues the hairstylists liked to get readings... and they are also excellent word of mouth advertisers (one would come over and get a reading and then go back and talk all the others into coming over too) :D

I need to stop by the one next door and introduce myself :D

:love: Sheri

sapphireandsage

And here I am trying to SAVE money by cutting and coloring my own locks at home! Maybe I should grab a deck and hit a salon once in a while...might be able to write it off as a business expense if I'm using it to drum up new clients. ;)
WTG, Baroli! Hope you get tons of calls!

Baroli

sapphireandsage said:
And here I am trying to SAVE money by cutting and coloring my own locks at home! Maybe I should grab a deck and hit a salon once in a while...might be able to write it off as a business expense if I'm using it to drum up new clients. ;)
WTG, Baroli! Hope you get tons of calls!

Hey! It couldn't hurt. Might be able to get a regular gig there.

Ya never know, until you try!!! ;)

nisaba

<grin> I don't have any hair (well I keep it shorn to a number 3 so that I don't have to have hairdressers inflicted on me) but I do a similar thing. I tend not to drink coffee - at all - at home, being a weak-tea-with-soymilk kinda girl, so a couple of times a wweek I head out to cafes for a proper cappucchino. I *always* have a deck lying half-forgotten in the bottom of my bag, and I usually pull it out and spread a few cards around when I have coffee, plus leave a business card on the table when I leave.

Now that I've just received my brand-new Golden Botticelli, which is a bling-deck with quite accessible art, I'll be using that in public, and seeing how that "fishes" for contacts. It always helps to wear the kind of clothes you'd wear for a reading, not a stained, grubby tracksuit or anything.

A few weeks ago I lost my phone (fell out of my pants pocket) on a bus on the way to a dentist's appointment, and I didn't know until I was in the Chair. The dental nurse had already commented on my attractive tie-dyed tee-shirt. As I panicked, and rummaged around in my bag looking for my phone, a Tarot deck fell out. So a conversation started and I ended up giving her my business card. She let me ring my own phone, and the bus driver had it tucked away safely and that evening I picked it up from the bus depot, so everyone was happy. And the dental nurse had a reading about a fortnight later. Still working on the bus driver <grin>.

mac22

Baroli said:
I had two places to go to today. One was to get my hair cut; was looking a bit ragged and needed some serious cutting. The other was to pick up my new glasses (friggin bi-focal 8&%0#_*%). I have to get used to them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I get to my stylist and she's there waiting for me, a gal from Scotland with a lovely lilting voice, telling me all about her family and friends getting together for the celebration of Easter. Now, this is a small shop, 2-3 operators and various other people sitting waiting their turn for hair cuts and colors, stripping, and frosting etc. We are talking away and of course, I just happen to mention that the spring is a great time to get a reading done. (Yes, she knows I am a reader and you have to make your own openings, I forget what Zig Ziegler calls that, but you need to in order to get the ball rolling). Well, first, my girl asks for a business card, which I gladly give, then come the other two operators, then about 5-6 customers. So hopefully these people will call and make app't with me. A lot of questions were asked and ME THE DUMMY THAT I AM DID NOT HAVE MY DECK ON ME!!!!!

I leave with promises and no app't. Soooooo dumb. My good friend Umbrae has told me a million times, ALWAYS CARRY A DECK!!

Even if you give a small reading to just one person, others get attracted and want theirs or will make an appointment with you. Or if they are shy, they will ask for a email reading or over the phone.

So lesson learned here is,...always be prepared. Ooops the phone is ringing and it's one of those people who got my card. (yes, I took names and yes, thank God for caller id).
:D

I learned 15 yrs ago ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry a deck....I have given readings in barbershops hair salons, cafeterias, bus stops, wakes, funerals[after services] ... made $50 once stalled on Hwy 50 to Tahoe during snow conditions...:D

Sooooo ALWAYS have a deck handy dear Baroli :):)

Mac22

Baroli

mac22 said:
I learned 15 yrs ago ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry a deck....I have given readings in barbershops hair salons, cafeterias, bus stops, wakes, funerals[after services] ... made $50 once stalled on Hwy 50 to Tahoe during snow conditions...:D

Sooooo ALWAYS have a deck handy dear Baroli :):)

Mac22

I know, I screwed up. *Baroli hangs her head in shame and then when no one is looking winks ;)*

mac22

Baroli said:
I know, I screwed up. *Baroli hangs her head in shame and then when no one is looking winks ;)*

Mac whispers mini decks.....:p

Mac22

Baroli

*Baroli looks at Mac22 and grumbles,........."I have a mini-RW." grumble, grumble, ROFL."

Thank you. :D