Yes/No Questions and What to look for

Reverie

Hey all, I tend to do yes/no questions - but I don't always get a confirmation to the questions in real life, so I don't always know if it is a yes or a no.

I know this topic has been discussed a million times on the forum, but here's another question:

When you ask a yes/no Q, do you look for cards that confirm the feeling that would be associated with the answer?

For example, if I'm asking a yes/no Q about a Q that would be hurtful if the answer were "yes", I tend to view negative cards such as the 3 of swords as a "yes" to the question, and hence generating a heartbreak reaction.

Anyway, I tend to view the negative cards as a confirmation of what the querent does not want, whether that is yes or no, and perhaps some detail on the reaction it will provoke...

Am I making sense?
And do you/have you used this method before?

nisaba

cutiecutie said:
Hey all, I tend to do yes/no questions - but I don't always get a confirmation to the questions in real life, so I don't always know if it is a yes or a no.

I know this topic has been discussed a million times on the forum, but here's another question:

When you ask a yes/no Q, do you look for cards that confirm the feeling that would be associated with the answer?
<smile> No, I tend to look for my pendulum.

If I really, really wanted to make it a Tarot matter, I'd put aside 77 of the cards, using only the Ace Coins (Pentacles). Then I'd fling the card high in the air flicking it at the same time so that it spins in mid-air.

If it lands on the table/floor face-up, that's yes. If it lands face-down, that's no.

Or you could simply pull a coin out of your pocket: heads is yes, tails is no.

Mellifluous

Yes, you're making sense.

Yes, that's how I do it, too, except no 'details'. I don't read further into it; just yes or no.

Cactus Dahlia

There was a wonderful yes/no spread posted on here some time back and I can't remember who posted it now. Sorry! It used the magician and aces to determine the yes and the spread was to lay down 3 piles of 13 cards until the magician or an ace turned up in which case you started on the next pile.

I have found the cards that end up on the piles that are not an ace or the magician also help with interpreting the answer. Each card has it's part to play.

I only wish I could find the thread as it's such a good spread it deserves to surface again.

Reverie

nisaba said:
<smile>

If I really, really wanted to make it a Tarot matter, I'd put aside 77 of the cards, using only the Ace Coins (Pentacles). Then I'd fling the card high in the air flicking it at the same time so that it spins in mid-air.

I like this technique !!! I may use it myself. What a FUN technique too! Thanks for sharing

Reverie

Mellifluous said:
Yes, you're making sense.

Yes, that's how I do it, too, except no 'details'. I don't read further into it; just yes or no.

Interesting - may I ask why you don't read further into it?

Reverie

Cactus Dahlia said:
There was a wonderful yes/no spread posted on here some time back and I can't remember who posted it now. Sorry! It used the magician and aces to determine the yes and the spread was to lay down 3 piles of 13 cards until the magician or an ace turned up in which case you started on the next pile.

I have found the cards that end up on the piles that are not an ace or the magician also help with interpreting the answer. Each card has it's part to play.

I only wish I could find the thread as it's such a good spread it deserves to surface again.

Sounds a bit complex but I am curious!

Reverie

I just considered a new technique I could use... perhaps deciding what cards would mean yes, and what ones would mean no, and setting aside all the "maybes"

214red

i dont think you can take out the maybes because it might be a maybe and will be forced to answer falsely yes or no. I do agree you need to know what your yes's are for each deck you use

Fostha

cutiecutie said:

For example, if I'm asking a yes/no Q about a Q that would be hurtful if the answer were "yes", I tend to view negative cards such as the 3 of swords as a "yes" to the question, and hence generating a heartbreak reaction.

Anyway, I tend to view the negative cards as a confirmation of what the querent does not want, whether that is yes or no, and perhaps some detail on the reaction it will provoke...

Am I making sense?
And do you/have you used this method before?
Try Karma cards CC,you can use those for yes/no and they're incredibly accurate.:)
If only you lived close by to me I'd say call in (when I'm here obviously :p)and have a look at the readings I've done with them and then all the wonderful results I've got.Fabulous,they really are. :grin: