You gotta love those ferrets

shadowdancer

just opened a package and saw the ferrets had hit NZ :D

You gotta love them I guess. Elaine really puts together something that is fun. the deck and 3 mini comics starrring other furry fuzz balls.

not gone through the deck in detail yet but wondered if I am the only one who has a smile form when looking at the cards.

Anyone use them in readings? I think I will corner round and laminate them (or print them out to do so, thus keeping the originals intact) as I think they will be more robust with that treatment.

Will report back in due course once I have looked through them but it is a long time since a deck made me smile like this :D

Davina

GryffinSong

Whenever I need a smile I know that my ferrets will deliver! I laminated mine with 3mm non-heat laminating sheets, and then rounded the corners. They look great and even shuffle ok. I love them so much that I bought three extra copies to give as gifts. My neighbor, who is also my petsitter, LOVES hers. She's a ferret person and just lit up when she saw them. My niece and nephew haven't gotten theirs yet, but I'll be up there in a couple of weeks.

I was planning to keep a spare to color in, but felt like sharing them instead. I think they're just perfect as black and white ink drawings.

I haven't done a reading with them except to pull out a card or two to see what I see. But I love to go through them, and have gained some insights into tarot meanings through their humor. I'm especially fond of the ferret giving the raspberry in the 5 of swords!!! And the three ferrets laughing their little butts off at the Temperance angel trying to point them to moderation. LOL

Enjoy them!

shadowdancer

I saw those and also giggled. And the Emperor looking well out of his depth and not in control with those wee ones.

I may well just corner round and laminate as they are.... may try a print out of a couple and hand colour to see how they look

truelighth

I was smiling, heck, I was really laughing when I got my ferret tarot. It is so cute and funny. I especially like Temperance ("what do you mean, temperance with ferrets") and the 5 of Swords, where that one Ferret just sticks out it's tongue like.. "nah nah nah" :D

Chronata

Love my ferrets!

Not only do they make me smile...but they are the first deck I turn to, when I am sick of trying to figure out the symbolism in other decks.

The Ferrets are so to the point, with so much humor. No need to ferret out the meaning! :D

Glitterbird

I just got this deck, this week also. I LOVE it. Makes me smile when I use it. And unlike some theme decks, this one is very readable. I am so glad I picked it up! And this one will stay in my collection. :)

shadowdancer

well I realised any good intention of colouring them would probably not last long so thought to heck with it :D
and have just corner rounded and laminated the deck as is.

If people were taking my offerings of readings on the exchange, I would add this deck to the list of choices but I think I have scared people off by being a bit too strict with criteria.

Oh well.... the ferrets won't mind. Means more play time for them really

shadowdancer

And I have to add again about the Emperor. How to bring the strong man to his knees - present him with a screaming baby. Boy do they then show their control and authority only gets them so far....lol. Can't wait to see this one pop up in a reading, and the question/context it relates to.

Davina

shadowdancer

well not only do I love them to bits, I also have huge respect for them.

Just done a reading with them which has been posted here. Heck I was humbled. They can make you smile and also be serious in equal measures at the right time. Not sure how often they will be used but I have full trust when I do use them they will find the right energy to tap into.

Wonderful creation for sure

Davina

WyrdRaven

I too get a giggle out of the Temperance card. My favorite is the Magician. Everyone knows about ferret magic-- not only can they conjure something out of nothing, they can also make things disappear at will! These little creatures are full of magick!