You know you've been overbuying when...

karenquilter

nisaba said:
If I could afford to spend that much on clothes, I'd prefer to buy decks.
Hear, hear! My sister has 4 closets of clothes, I have a nice tarot collection. To each his own.
K

Starshower

What are "clothes"? You mean those ancient peices of faded & worn fabrics used to keep us warm? Why do we need more than 2 or 3 changes of these? ;)

At first, I thought 3, carefully-chosen, decks would be enough.
Then ... well, 7 is a magical number, isn't it?
But then I thought - there must be 10 cards in each pips suite for a reason!

Subsequently, I realised that any Fool needs 22 decks to complete their spiritual initiations into their Journey-proper, n'est-ce-pas?

A year or so later, the numbers climbed - as is their natural thing - & so did my deck-count ...

So now that I have 65 or so decks, I've just realised that OBVIOUSLY I will EVENTUALLY need the full 78 quota, just for elegant appropriateness.
Any fewer would just not cut the mustard.
And I need to hold onto Hope for the new year - right?

Please agree with me, someone! (You may lie if necessary!)

emmsma

Yes, 78 is just poetically perfect, but 100 is a nice round figure.

gregory

Clothes and stuff are Unnecessary. However - you realise you have been overbuying when you start to worry that you already bought - in a fit of madness - a deck which is now also residing under the tree as you had asked for it...

gregory is actually worried here.... :|

But needs to hit a decent figure - which seems to be - urk - 1600.....

Umbrae

gregory said:
...gregory is actually worried here.... :|

But needs to hit a decent figure - which seems to be - urk - 1600.....
Such a tiny number. Not at all complete...

Have you seen one of these? They only printed fifty copies...

Rasa

you know you're a collector when......

When you are suddenly gifted a Minichiate Fiorentine, and then your fiance looks distressed and says, "oh no... I got you a Minchiate Etruria.. is it a problem that you will have two almost the same?"
but you beam and say,
"OMG, now I can COMPARE them!!!!"

gregory

Umbrae said:
Such a tiny number. Not at all complete...

Have you seen one of these? They only printed fifty copies...
One of WHICH ??? Very likely, though... I have a few that only printed 5 !!!!

Mazzle

Starshower said:
I've just realised that OBVIOUSLY I will EVENTUALLY need the full 78 quota, just for elegant appropriateness.
Any fewer would just not cut the mustard.
And I need to hold onto Hope for the new year - right?

Please agree with me, someone! (You may lie if necessary!)

Elegant appropriateness......... Just beautiful. My new justification for everything! I was fast working my way to 10 decks but I see now how limited and, well, just wrong my thinking was. 72 to go so!! :)

Amary

Now I'm starting to wonder exactly how many of us have used Gregory's profile to make our own deck collecting madness look reasonable.