Your longest break from Tarot?

Holland

I was wondering what was your longest break from tarot and why?
I reunited with my cards today for the first time in over 2 months and it felt amazing to shuffle my cards and do a small reading for my hubbykins.
I look forward to hearing from you and blessings.

TrainWreckx95

The longest I've gone without using tarot was about 6 months:)

Zedrex

A couple of decades, actually!

Why? Got burnt out on it, very disillusions with the whole new age scene and what was then the three-ring circus of charlatan readers in my (then) home city, and I took that long to really reconcile my atheism and lack of belief in supernatural stuff with use of tarot etc etc.

VGimlet

Probably went for a few stretches of nearly a year during my 20's - seems like we were running all over the world back then. :p

Zen Mamma

The longest break was almost 8 years. That was a very difficult time in my life and I found that I couldn't ground myself properly to read. I also didn't want to expose my deck(s) to any negative energy that was floating around at that time. It wasn't until I got out of that situation and found happiness and inner peace that I felt stable enough to responsibly handle my cards.

We haven't been apart since-wow it's been 12 years!

cSpaceDiva

A couple years, on more than one occasion. It's never really been a conscious decision to give it up, life just happens. Other things move in and take precedence. But eventually I always come back to it, with varying degrees of intensity.

DownUnderNZer

I would say over 20 years. A very big break..... :)

CrystalSun

A few months.

bessiedunlop

Curious, I was thinking about it this morning. I stopped using the cards for maybe six or seven years. I can't really say why, something didn't work anymore. Then, last year I went on a trip to Glastonbury, spotted The Heart of Faerie Oracle by Brian and Wendy Froud, which I love, bought it and the connection to everything tarot started again.

danieljuk

about ten years. VGimlet how interesting, mine was in my 20's as well!
I was really into tarot and divination and many aeclectic areas as a teenager but when I got to about 21, I just put it all away! I can't remember why I stopped using it or put it away. I never did it as seriously or as well as now, I was always just a beginner and found learning from books so difficult. I wonder if I got burnt out or annoyed. I never used my intuition then, it was all learning meanings for sure. Teaching methods in books was so formal then (must use a significator, always do the celtic cross, etc).

In my early 30's I had a really bad year and just sort of found them again and then found this forum on the internet :)

I am glad you are reunited with your cards Holland :thumbsup: