Your Name Cards

tsukifune

I'm not sure I understand this step:
rwcarter said:
Now take each of the numbers associated with the letters in your full name and reduce them to a number between 1 and 9.

Do I reduce the total from the first step where I added up vowels and consonants from my full name? Sorry, I'm just confused...

rwcarter

tsukifune said:
I'm not sure I understand this step:
rwcarter said:
Now take each of the numbers associated with the letters in your full name and reduce them to a number between 1 and 9.
Do I reduce the total from the first step where I added up vowels and consonants from my full name? Sorry, I'm just confused...
I understand your confusion, and it's my fault. The associations in my first post are wrong and I'll change them in a second. The first post should show A=1, J=10, T=20, Z=26. When adding up the number equivalents of the letters in your name to find your Desires and Inner Motivation, Outer Persona and Destiny Cards, those are the numbers you should be using.

When counting Constellations, you use the reduced number equivalents for the letters so that J=1, K=2, L=3, etc.

Is that clearer?

Rodney

tsukifune

Oh, okay, that makes more sense! Now I gotta go back and recalculate! Thanks for the explanation. :)

rwcarter

I thought that an example might prove useful to folks. So I chose the First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama. Choosing a married woman also provides an example of how the changing of a name can drastically change the cards that one gets.

She was born Michelle Lavaughn Robinson on January 17, 1964.

Personality Card =
1 + 17 + 1964 = 1982 => 1 + 9 + 8 + 2 = 21 (World)

Soul Card =
2 + 1 = 3 (Empress)

The First Lady's birthdate puts her in the Constellation of the Empress, which includes the Hanged Man and the World. (See post 15 for info on the different constellations.)

To avoid any potential funkiness with screen sizes and text wrapping, I'm going to break her name into its composite components where normally one would work with the name all on one line. In some cases there are two sets of numbers associated with a given letter. The number closest to the letter is its unreduced numerical equivalent. The number furthest away is the reduced equivalent, which is used for counting constellations.

......9............5............5 = 19
.M...I...C...H...E...L...L...E
13.......3...8.......12.12.... = 48

.....1........1...21.............. = 23
.L...A...V...A...U...G...H...N.
12......22............7...8...14 = 63

.....15......9............15...... = 39
.R...O...B...I...N...S...O...N.
18.......2......14..19.......14. = 67

Desires and Inner Motivations (sum of vowels):
19 + 23 + 39 = 81 => 8 + 1 = 9 (Hermit)

Outer Persona (sum of consonants):
48 + 63 + 67 = 178 => 1 + 7 + 8 = 16 (Tower), which reduces to 7 (Chariot)

Destiny (sum of all letters):
81 + 178 = 259 => 2 + 5 + 9 = 16 (Tower), which reduces to 7 (Chariot)

First Name:
19 + 48 = 67 => 6 + 7 = 13 (Death), which reduces to 4 (Emperor)

Middle Name:
23 + 63 = 86 => 8 + 6 = 14 (Temperance), which reduces to 5 (Hierophant)

Last Name:
39 + 67 = 106 => 1 + 0 + 6 = 7 (Chariot)

Theme Note: (sum of reduced First, Middle and Last Name cards):
13 + 14 + 7 = 34 => 3 + 4 = 7 (Chariot)

Rhythm: (Desires & Inner Motivations + Outer Persona)
9 + 16 = 25 => 2 + 5 = 7 (Chariot)

Melody: (sum of all letters)
81 + 178 = 259 => 2 + 5 + 9 = 16 (Tower), which reduces to 7 (Chariot)

Hidden Factor: (card from a constellation that doesn't appear as either Personality or Soul)
12 (Hanged Man)

Life Potential: (unreduced sum of birthdate + unreduced sum of letters in name)
1982 + 259 = 2241 => 2 + 2 + 4 + 1 => 9 (Hermit)

Counting Constellations:

So Constellation 7 (Chariot) appears the most times for her before she gets married. Constellations 5 and 3 are virtually tied with Constellation 7. So those three constellations were the most important in her life before she got married. Constellation 2 (High Priestess) appeared the least and therefore was the least important in her life before she got married.

Since this post is already pretty long, I'll do the analysis of her married name in a separate post.

Rodney

rwcarter

The First Lady is listed as Michelle Lavaughn Robsinon Obama on wikipedia, so I've taken that as her full name, making "Lavaughn Robinson" her middle name. I won't repeat the breakdown of the first three names, so will only do Obama.

15.......1.........1 = 17
.O...B...A...M...A
......2.......13..... = 15

Desires and Inner Motivations (sum of vowels):
19 + 23 + 39 + 17 = 98 => 9 + 8 = 17 (Star), which reduces to 8 (Strength)

Outer Persona (sum of consonants):
48 + 63 + 67 + 15 = 193 => 1 + 9 + 3 = 13 (Death), which reduces to 4 (Emperor)

Destiny (sum of all letters):
98 + 193 = 291 => 2 + 9 + 1 = 12 (Hanged Man), which reduces to 3 (Empress)

First Name:
19 + 48 = 67 => 6 + 7 = 13 (Death), which reduces to 4 (Emperor)

Middle Name:
62 + 130 = 192 => 1 + 9 + 2 = 12 (Hanged Man), which reduces to 3 (Empress)

Last Name:
17 + 15 = 32 => 3 + 2 = 5 (Hierophant)

Theme Note: (sum of reduced First, Middle and Last Name cards):
13 + 12 + 5 = 30 => 3 (Empress)

Rhythm: (Desires & Inner Motivations + Outer Persona)
17 + 13 = 30 => 3 + 0 = 3 (Empress)

Melody: (sum of all letters)
98 + 193 = 291 => 2 + 9 + 1 = 12 (Hanged Man), which reduces to 3 (Empress)

Hidden Factor: (card from a constellation that doesn't appear as either Personality or Soul)
12 (Hanged Man)

Life Potential: (unreduced sum of birthdate + unreduced sum of letters in name)
1982 + 291 = 2273 => 2 + 2 + 7 + 3 = 14 (Temperance), which reduces to 5 (Hierophant)

Counting Constellations:

So, when she added Obama to her name, her constellation distribution completely changed! Constellation 3 (the Empress) far and away outpaces anything else. And Constellation 7 (the Chariot), which was the most important in her life before she got married, is now the least important constellation for her.

I'm purposely not applying the keywords of the constellations to the First Lady or applying my own view of the cards to her life. I leave that up to the readers to do.

Rodney

shiresun

Really Intereting!

This is so fascinating. I have worked with numerology, so this is a bit like mingling the two disciplines! Will have to work it out.

What a find this site is! As ever, thanks go to The Tarosophist for suggesting this site!

Peace,

Shire

KristinCali

I'm reviving an old thread, hope that isn't frowned upon. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who posted these techniques and ideas! I've been spending quite a bit of my night on this haha, having a great time discovering new ways to use my cards!

rwcarter

I'm reviving an old thread, hope that isn't frowned upon. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who posted these techniques and ideas! I've been spending quite a bit of my night on this haha, having a great time discovering new ways to use my cards!

Welcome KristinCali! Reviving old threads is encouraged at Aeclectic per the Post In The Right Place rule. :)

Padma

I got the Tower for my life potential card...now there is something to think about! :bugeyed:
As I have always related to the Phoenix, I guess it ties in.

PS Rodney, thanks for all the work you put into this, and for sharing it :)

Louis Cyphre

Mine´s (Life Potential card) 8, I didn´t know which card belonged to me because of the 8/11 dilemma but after giving the two cards some thought I found "The Strength/Lust" to be much more closer to me because of my experience in life.

When I have some free time I´ll post my birthdate and name results and talk about them.

To give you some advance info, my most important constellations are Magician, Chariot and Strength/Lust.

PD: Lotus Padma, that card is really important to me too.
If it´s there as a life potential card I think its advice is that your greatest potential to accomplish anything in life (and happiness) is to move with the times and discard whatever elements in your life don´t work for you anymore and find new elements with which you can attain happiness/whatever you want.