I saw a large feather today!!

Milfoil

melissa82686 said:
sorry to bump an old thread, but i was driving on a highway today with the windows down and something flew into my window... scared me at first because i instantly thought it was some big fly, only to find out it was a feather:
2wbzxu8.jpg

strange how it just lands in my car while im driving!

I think it is a Pheasant (Ringneck Almond) feather. Used extensively in costume and milinery. Perhaps finding out what Pheasant means to you may give a clue. Also what Memries said above - sometimes it's a personal omen essentially unique to each of us.

Milfoil

YDM42 said:
It is so awesome that this post came back up today of all days! Yesterday I said a little prayer concerning helping a friend, and when I walked into my bathroom there was a large, beautiful white feather! I have thought over and over to myself about where it could have come from, trying to convince myself it might mean nothing, but of course it does, it did- and to me this thread coming back up, that I wrote in years ago, sure tells me that its a message from the universe and that I should trust it with all my heart. WOW- life is soooooooo awesome.

Absolutely, isn't it a wonderful feeling to know that the Universe is listening and cares. Such a small thing as a white feather can give us so much hope, like a comforting reasurrance of being watched over.

GreenMoonBeam

Milfoil said:
I think it is a Pheasant (Ringneck Almond) feather. Used extensively in costume and milinery. Perhaps finding out what Pheasant means to you may give a clue. Also what Memries said above - sometimes it's a personal omen essentially unique to each of us.

And to think Memries might just be watching over us. :love:

Milfoil

GreenMoonBeam said:
And to think Memries might just be watching over us. :love:

Oh yes, definitely. :)

GreenMoonBeam

Milfoil said:
Oh yes, definitely. :)

Not quite going OT, did you read in the Trading forum contact has been made with Silver Crow? I have often thought of her when I see 'my' feathers.

GMB

melissa82686

Milfoil said:

If it means costuming, that is kind of interesting because the job I have right now isn't for me, and I want to try and find something else, but I have no ideas! I like sewing but it has to be something I WANT to sew (example: I made Belle's dress from Beauty and the Beast). Other than that, a few weeks ago I was talking to my mom about how we should maybe make decorative hats (example: Kentucky Derby hats). That would fit in with costumes, especially since a lot of those hats also contain feathers!

Milfoil

Wow Melissa!

I don't believe in coincidence, it sounds as though this thread is weaving meaningful messages for many of us. Milinery may be just what is being suggested.

I love it when such things happen. Do you think you will look seriously into this now?

Perhaps in 10 years time when you are a famous hat designer, you will look at that little feather, preciously kept in a plastic zip-loc bag and think how amazing this all was? ;)

Milfoil

GreenMoonBeam said:
Not quite going OT, did you read in the Trading forum contact has been made with Silver Crow? I have often thought of her when I see 'my' feathers.

GMB

Yes I did, good news.

In fact often, when a feather comes to me, it is about someone else and I give it to them but I do love the ones which come to me. They sit on my altar for a spell . . .

melissa82686

Yeah, why not! My mom has an embroidery business and she was trying to find cheap bulk hats to try out and see how it goes but it was a "should we or shouldn't we?"
I guess we should!