The Emperor

midlander

I have a block on this card - I don't like him! When I see him in a spread, my heart sinks. I see a miserable, tyrannical man; he doesn't speak to me of creativity, he doesn't appear dynamic - but selfish, controlling and........well....a bit spoilt.

I think my prejudice is getting in the way of me reading him properly in spreads!

Please give him some alternative press!! Persuade me to see him differently!!

Thanks in anticipation!

Miss travel

the very pompous one

I agree with you on that one, I exactly have the same problem : I think of him as the pompous one... but I know why : I know someone I can't stand, and he is best represented by the emperor or the knight of swords (reversed).
Still, to answer your question : he also means strength, stability, equilibrium, maturity, practical sense, a well defined situation, something solid to build upon, something or someone protective ...

what you could do to make friends again with that card :
ask yourself when was the moment in my life when I stabilized my position ?
when have I been in charge of an undertaking and made the most of it ?
what have I done in my love relationship in order to make it stable, concrete, etc ?

I make list of questions for each card that I pull in order to get a concrete meaning and not just a spiritual meaning out of it, it kinda works for me.

also, I know that for this card I think of a "Mister I know everything Better Than You" , tyrannical and stubborn in the worst way ever. And once I could put a name on that card, It helped because I could identify the source of my problem with him. Knowing the cause helps to "cure" the problem.

Still I see him as someone I'd rather not deal with at the moment. He is not a romantic guy telling you a compliment when you need it, but at least he knows how to fix the car for example when something is not working. And that may be a way to make friends with him, try to see what he can bring you, how he can work for you. A bit "manipulative" maybe, but hey if it works, why not ?

Hope this helps a little bit,
Cheers
Jayce

midlander

Thanks - that does help!! :)

memries

I don't think I personally know anyone who is the Emperor archetype or who would fit into that category.
I think of the Emperor more as an entity which a large bank or company becomes. Think about if ever the bank has helped you with something.
A mortgage or loan or consolidation. That can have a pleasant outcome.

I also think of the Emperor as authority and I don't much like that. I agree with you in that this is not a pleasant friendly card but rather a form of accountability.

balenciaga

The Emperor is a good indicator of the status quo, since he rules the fours. So if stability is what you are after (you do not want things to change) then it is a good sign:)

xhollysue

Wow, Memries, that's kinda a cool thought - to think of the Emperor like a bank.

I'm currently working as a loan officer, and it's true that big banks, mortgage lenders, are what make homeownership possible. But they're also a pain in the ass. Very beaurocratic, red tape, making everyone jump through hoops just for the sake of doing it.

But without them ... almost no one could own a home in the USA ...

And so the Emperor may not be friendly, or even likable. He may be totally annoying and beaurocratic ... but if one is willing to play by his rules, he can afford great opportunities that otherwise wouldn't be available, and generally with only basic strings attached.

Bronwyn1

memries said:
I don't think I personally know anyone who is the Emperor archetype or who would fit into that category.
I think of the Emperor more as an entity which a large bank or company becomes. Think about if ever the bank has helped you with something.
A mortgage or loan or consolidation. That can have a pleasant outcome.

I also think of the Emperor as authority and I don't much like that. I agree with you in that this is not a pleasant friendly card but rather a form of accountability.

You should have met my ex boyfriend, Sgt. on the police force. Emperor for sure!!

memries

Hello Bronwyn1.. I guess you must have been pretty patient or maybe that is why he is your ex. I know I would not have gotten along with him for any time.

xhollysue.. my daughter is working at the same thing as you. I know she brings a great level of caring and helping people in her position so I applaud your work.
However, the kindness and concern felt by a representative is not how the corporate entity of the bank feels. I think also an Emperor is at the top of the chain of command and as it all filters down to people
impersonality develops and it becomes dehumanized in general. Not to say we don't need that type of Emperor. Bill Gates must be one as well at this point in his career.

re-pete-a

The cards that have blocks tend to show this one that there are personal issues with the exposed feelings.In your case the attention would be stuck on an issue with the dominant male represented by the card in question. deal with that issue and the blockage clears. Don't yah just luvvitt!! Thats how this one handles the blockages, you do your thing your way,cheers.
________
Hydrocodone Rehab Forum

Ranzel

memries said:

How about Donald Trump!

Cheers - Ranzel