My angel/tarot runes are done!

canid

I designed them with the angelic language & the corresponding major arcana tarot for each 'letter'. Then I made a throw spread on material, but it didn't turn out very well. Still in progress. And a sheet for meanings.

Attachments

• colorstones.jpg
    colorstones.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 155

Grigori

That looks awesome Canid, and a really professional looking package. You should go into production!

canid

Thank you Similia! Maybe I will. Hmmm...

Here's a closeup of the stones. I think I have eyestrain. Seriously. My eyes are all blurry.

Attachments

• stones2.jpg
    stones2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 131

afrosaxon

Those are really pretty, canid! :thumbsup:

I agree with similia; you should seriously think about producing these for sale, even if it's just a limited edition (say, maybe 50 to 100 or so, depending upon demand--and get prepayment!).

T.

AJ

Really lovely, well thought out and professional.

I bought some bigger flat rocks/glass whatever they are today, to use with my Sabion Symbols. May I ask if you used a pen or paint and brush or what?

canid

AJ said:
Really lovely, well thought out and professional.

I bought some bigger flat rocks/glass whatever they are today, to use with my Sabion Symbols. May I ask if you used a pen or paint and brush or what?

Thanks all! Maybe I'll design a website, or try eBay. Dunno.

I used a 00 brush which I shaved down with an x-acto to about 4 strands, then applied white porcelain paint. Then I used Elmers Painters Markers, not the marker itself, but the same small brush. I just dabbed the marker paint on a pallette (I've since gotten glass paints) & brushed it over the white or the color doesn't stand out. Working very quickly because it dries pretty fast. In between applying the 2 layers, I cleaned up any imperfections with the tip of the x-acto. THEN I used clear epoxy gel which cures under a UV light to protect them. Should last till the next millennium. Have fun!

AJ

Hokey Smokes. Thank you. Sounds like the paintings for the St. Petersburg Tarot. Those were painted the size you see on the cards, often with one brush strand.

WalesWoman

cannid, your runes are so cool... colorful, beautiful and awesome.

Ebay would be ok, but have you thought of opening a shop on etsy? It's a lot cheaper and easier than opening your own website.

canid

Never heard of etsy but I'll definitely check it out. Thank you.

sagewriter

Those really are beautiful. I definately agree that you should sell some, mainly because I would be one of your first customers!