emperor as a challenge

Haunted Wood

I got the emperor as the challenge of a relationship. Interestingly the card before it was the empress, as how they feel about me. I was thinking that maybe the challenge is making a strong and solid commitment, moving it in the direction that I want it to go and being firm and decisive about what I want. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the emperor could mean in this position, or any thoughts to add on the emperor in relationship readings?

Jyscal

When looking at the emperor as a challenge, or in a relationship it could also be pointing to someone is very controlling but fair, and in this i think the challenge would be to meet this person head on and not allow them to over dominate. Thinking with their head and not their heart, or possibly viewing the situation from a practical point of view and using your life experience to get through difficult times. This may not apply to your situation directly, but it was the first thing that came to mind when i read your post, so i hope it helps at least a little. Keep well.

loobiloo

Or it could be an aspect of yourself that you need to cultivate. If your partner sees you as the Empress then presumably they look to you for your nurturing, caring nature and the support that you can give. Which is a lovely way to be seen and treated but has the potential to become a little oppressive. Perhaps the Emperor is just a reminder to balance your Empress tendencies and maintain some control, of both yourself and within the relationship.

x

starrystarrynight

It could be that someone in the relationship needs to grow up and move away from the "apron strings" of the mother/image (especially if the card following the Empress was a Sword or Air trump.)

SPIRIT HAWK

am a mere novice but my interpretation on that could be one of you being to authoriteve ,and making all the descions in the relationship, and for as how your partner see,s you maybe your being loving caring ,and naturing but at the same time you could be maybe mothering him bit like mother hen, lol forgive me for asking i may be wrong but somthing popped into my head which i may be totally wrong about, but did your partner grow up with a farther figure? sometimes in this placement for tarot either the father left the home at a childs early age or they havent had a father role around them as they have grown up, sorry for being personal this is my first post as i am new to the site

Seafra

Getting pounded by a headache today so taking a quick shot. Considering the Empress before in progression -- she gives birth. So the Emperor would be challenged to give a more solid form to that which the Empress has birthed. Could it be a challenge for this individual to be solid and dependable or to be "fair and square" ? Does the situation need a disciplinarian or a father figure -- someone who needs to say 'no' for the greater good (does the Empress have kids)? Does this person have a problem with responsibility to/for others (ie. things tend to be all about them as an individual rather than them as a member of a duo or group). Could be a challenge to act as cohort to the Empress -- this person may feel that too much is expected, the bar set too high.

I got the emperor as the challenge of a relationship.
Makes a difference if this card is the challenge *for* the individual w/in the relationship or is the relationship an Emperor. I took it to mean the former.

Haunted Wood

rushka said:
and for as how your partner see,s you maybe your being loving caring ,and naturing but at the same time you could be maybe mothering him bit like mother hen

He doesn't see me as the empress, I got the empress for 'how he feels about me'...the empress indicates his feelings, not how he sees me. There was a separate position for how he sees me, I got the 9 of pentacles for that, so I am like the woman in the 9 of pentacles in his eyes.

Haunted Wood

Seafra said:
Makes a difference if this card is the challenge *for* the individual w/in the relationship or is the relationship an Emperor. I took it to mean the former.
I read the position just as it says, as the challenge of the relationship in general...so it's what challenges the relationship brings for both of us. Not that the relationship is the emperor.

Seafra

grapefruitmoon said:
I read the position just as it says, as the challenge of the relationship in general...so it's what challenges the relationship brings for both of us. Not that the relationship is the emperor.

Hope I was able to help you ascertain what challenges.

Haunted Wood

loobiloo said:
Or it could be an aspect of yourself that you need to cultivate. If your partner sees you as the Empress then presumably they look to you for your nurturing, caring nature and the support that you can give. Which is a lovely way to be seen and treated but has the potential to become a little oppressive. Perhaps the Emperor is just a reminder to balance your Empress tendencies and maintain some control, of both yourself and within the relationship.
Like I said, he doesn't see me as the empress, the empress is how he feels about me. While I am caring and have a gentle nature, in fact he is more openly expressive of his feelings, and he can be very nurturing, gentle, supportive and caring. I tend to keep my feelings inside, and I'm very quiet and sometimes a bit closed off in that respect. I don't often show how much I really care for someone, and I like my personal space and time to myself, so does he but not as much as me. So I don't think I am the empress...maybe he is though :p. Actually I did work out his personality and soul cards once, his soul card is the empress.