All new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

faunabay, if it's any help... EVERY SINGLE TIME I've been in "ZOMG I have to have it NOW" mode, I have been disappointed. Every. Blasted. Time.

By now it's very very hard for me to go all googly-eyed about a deck and actually buy it. I wait and wait and wait. And I come here to see what awful things Gregory and Debra and Mags and Le Fanu and Nisaba and all the rest have to say about my "beloved". :bugeyed: Sometimes the things they say slightly turn my stomach - TA DAAAA!!1!1!! Money saved! Woo!!

lol

You get the picture. If you think you *have* to have it, you don't. I'm sitting here looking at some decks which I thought I had to have, and a couple that I didn't feel that way... and the latter have turned into treasures (Noblet and Svizzera 1804, I'm looking at YOU - but nevermind, they. are. cr@p). and some of the former? Well, I'm wondering why I need 2 copies of the Hadar! :rolleyes:

Brigid

Faunabay... *insert extremely evil cackle here*

I have an idea... I will NOT post your Touchstone for two weeks! MWAAHAAA!
THEN, at the end of said two weeks, IF you have been a good girl I'll post it to you express...

BUT!! If you have been BAD!!! Another week you will have to wait.... })

Just Kidding! :D
Or am I? :bugeyed: }) :bugeyed:

Le Fanu

sravana said:
Well, I'm wondering why I need 2 copies of the Hadar! :rolleyes:
(to trade for a Golden Rider, perhaps)

... where was I? Yes, gregory you're right, we don't need historical decks. They always end up disappointing. Even when "one needs them for research purposes."

When was the last time I lay all my Marseilles out on the table for that old evening parlour game of "compare and contrast"? Yeah, right...

But faunabay, Id go for the research project. You have Drak's for Tarot of the Master consultation. By the time you buy it - if you do - you'll be informed and knowledgable and you will be buying as an informed consumer (not as a frenzied shopper). That's the way to be. Trust me, I know. Im a frenzied shopper.

jujustar

magpie9 said:
Ah, the parrot.
I know the people who produced the parrot. Some years later the creator of the parrot was still mad at the artist (very loose term) of the parrot. It was certainly not what he had in mind, but how do you derail your own dear 90 year old mother who thinks she can draw, and doesn't understand esoteric tarot or the symbolism thereof? And how do you write a companion book for a deck that wasn't what you had in mind, and you're really not certain why she stuck a parrot on every card (let alone most of the other random stuff) except that your mutual last name is parrot. Maybe it's her signature? Maybe she's not firing on all 8 any more? Whattaya gonna say? Mostly you're going to be silently, steaming mad.
Last time I saw him, he still was. And he hated his name being on it. I don't think he ever took it up with her.
So, children, the thing about this deck is really not the bad art and strange additions and mentor cards, those are just extra added non-attractions....the bottom line is that it's a monument to bad communication and suffering in silence.
You wanna read with that?

Oh my good god!!!!!
i woke up this morning all fresh and pasty, thinking to have another quick look before deciding whether or not to get the parrot (it doesnt get a capital anymore),,,, i read all the other de-enabling about it,,( was glad i went to bed and avoided gregory's noodles)

and then i get to this!~!!
, is it really true?
i had in mind a lovely collaboration between husband and wife, and so what if i can draw better than her, and its all a bit cheesy, its still lovely and meaningful......right???

well, thats it, i dont want it anymore. i would NEVER let my mother ruin a perfectly good tarot. i think its shameful.

i have noticed , magpie, that it is generally you that comes up with the most incisive and positively nasty de-enabling, and i am very grateful to you on this one!!!!

[i still cant believe it....... (goes off muttering about damm insane 90-year-old-mothers....ruining all my fun....blah blah....)]

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
And you're really not certain why she stuck a parrot on every card (let alone most of the other random stuff) except that your mutual last name is parrot.
Dayum. To me, that darned parrot was the best thing about the deck! (note: I SOLD IT.)

What a hideous story. Now *that* needs to be in an Aeclectic review of the deck (unless grandma uses the internets...)

faunabay

Brigid*69 said:
Faunabay... *insert extremely evil cackle here*

I have an idea... I will NOT post your Touchstone for two weeks! MWAAHAAA!
THEN, at the end of said two weeks, IF you have been a good girl I'll post it to you express...

BUT!! If you have been BAD!!! Another week you will have to wait.... })

Just Kidding! :D
Or am I? :bugeyed: }) :bugeyed:
Excuse me.....what ?????? :bugeyed:

Ummmm, please Madame Brigid, ummm, I'll be good!! I promise!!!

I won't buy another deck for 2 whole weeks!! I double promise!!!! (cross my heart)
Please send my Touchstone!!

nisaba

faunabay said:
I won't buy another deck for 2 whole weeks!! I double promise!!!! (cross my heart)
<grin> It's a bit of a catch-22, isn't it. If you get de-enabled on other decks, you'll receive the Touchstone. And de-enabling you on the Touchstone is easiest accomplished by buying other decks.

What to do ...

faunabay

sravana said:
faunabay, if it's any help... EVERY SINGLE TIME I've been in "ZOMG I have to have it NOW" mode, I have been disappointed. Every. Blasted. Time.
Yep, this has happened to me before as well. That's one of the reasons (not counting cash reasons LOL) that I want to wait. Truely with me sometimes the "have to have" does wear off.
Le Fanu said:
But faunabay, Id go for the research project. You have Drak's for Tarot of the Master consultation. By the time you buy it - if you do - you'll be informed and knowledgable and you will be buying as an informed consumer (not as a frenzied shopper). That's the way to be. Trust me, I know. Im a frenzied shopper.
Well I already have the Tarot of the Master. I've just been thinking I need the Il Menegello Vachetta as well. }) And the Ancient Italian to compare to my LS Classical, and, and, and..... })

But I do really like your "research" idea. And you've reminded me that...... sapienza, I think, pointed me in the direction of a site where I can print up a black and white version of the Tarot of the Master to color myself. I had forgotten about that. That will keep me busy for awhile. :p
gregory said:
I wish I dared follow your advice
Actually gregory I don't even have credit cards!! ROFL I just use my debit card. So I really DO have to have the money before I can buy anything. :laugh: I'm not quite as blond as I sounded evelone!!! })

Brigid

faunabay said:
Excuse me.....what ?????? :bugeyed:

Ummmm, please Madame Brigid, ummm, I'll be good!! I promise!!!

That's better!! I can put my back-up whip away then can I? ;)