All new de-enabling thread

jujustar

p.s.....

i agree those "mentor" cards are an annoying idea, but i thought i might put them on the wall instead of using them, best of both worlds... maybe in the kitchen for some inspiration......

gregory

No amount of graciousness will get over those faces. The ONLY good things about the deck are the parrots and the musical notes. And even taken together - nah.

Buy a budgie.

Actually - buying this deck FOR a budge might be excusable..... :D

jujustar

noooooo!!!!

i dont WANT to be de-enabled!!!!

damm budgies and melted-cheese-faces, and , and crappy thoth minors

i know you are right. im going into hibernation on this one.

i may need help again though, if it gets way past my bedtime and i forget that i really dont want to order it after all......

Le Fanu

Ive seen the Parrot come up in the trading forum and - utter humuliation - it never, ever gets takers.

So many tarot decks for me are sullied - nay, stained - for life by dint of this. And the Parrot is one of them.

gregory

jujustar said:
noooooo!!!!

i dont WANT to be de-enabled!!!!

damm budgies and melted-cheese-faces, and , and crappy thoth minors

i know you are right. im going into hibernation on this one.

i may need help again though, if it gets way past my bedtime and i forget that i really dont want to order it after all......
If you don't want to be - GO AWAY and come back when you DO.

Sheesh - subversive and a party pooper to boot. Noodles boiling away now....

nisaba

jujustar said:
no one said anything at all about the Derakkusu ban Hihou, so that means im allowed to buy it then.
<shakes head firmly> False logic. We said nothing about it because we couldn't pronounce it. If you can't pronounce it, you can't buy it - it's in the rules. Consider yourself de-enabled.

WolfSpirit

jujustar said:

No, no, no - get away from your computer when it gets way past your bedtime. It is no good blaming lack of sleep for your tarot buying.
Give yourself a week to let the voice of reasoning sink in - and if you still want the cheesy faces and garish colours then at least you will be making a conscious choice ;)

LeFanu said:
Ive seen the Parrot come up in the trading forum and - utter humuliation - it never, ever gets takers.

I don't know anyone who uses it for reading either...
(although, oddly, that would enable me rather :shhh: don't listen to that, I'm weird)

magpie9

Ah, the parrot.
I know the people who produced the parrot. Some years later the creator of the parrot was still mad at the artist (very loose term) of the parrot. It was certainly not what he had in mind, but how do you derail your own dear 90 year old mother who thinks she can draw, and doesn't understand esoteric tarot or the symbolism thereof? And how do you write a companion book for a deck that wasn't what you had in mind, and you're really not certain why she stuck a parrot on every card (let alone most of the other random stuff) except that your mutual last name is parrot. Maybe it's her signature? Maybe she's not firing on all 8 any more? Whattaya gonna say? Mostly you're going to be silently, steaming mad.
Last time I saw him, he still was. And he hated his name being on it. I don't think he ever took it up with her.
So, children, the thing about this deck is really not the bad art and strange additions and mentor cards, those are just extra added non-attractions....the bottom line is that it's a monument to bad communication and suffering in silence.
You wanna read with that?

faunabay

I'm here to admit I need help!! Not with just one particular deck but just buying all decks. (hanging head in shame) Please help me!!

I shouldn't be buying any decks right now. But I keep looking and keeping finding ones I want to buy! :bugeyed:

Ancient Italian - which I tried to buy before and the seller sent the wrong deck. You'd think that would tell me something......that I shouldn't have this deck. But nooooo, I keep thinking I ought to try buying it once again.

Il Menegello Vachetta - It's just soooo pretty!!!

Il Menegello Soprafino - Are you seeing a trend here?????

Ack!!!!! Please de-enble me from buying ANY decks - at least for say...... a couple weeks!!! What do you think? What I'm asking is a pretty tough undertaking. Can you all do it???? })

Vesper

Back away from the computer, Faunabay!!!

Stay off line, don't go in any bookstores, occult stores or new age boutiques.

The Catholics called it an "occasion of sin" - the situation or place where temptation becomes too strong to resist. If you stay away from these Occsions of Sin you can fight your cravings. (The Catholics have another great expression: "custody of the eyes" - that's right, lower your eyes and don't stare, ogle, or leer at tempting people and things.)

There's a whole world out there, of things that have nothing to do with tarot decks, and people who wouldn't recognize a Mengello if it hit them in the head (though they might be kind of crabby about it).