Tarot- Fantasy Bellydance DVD

metal_romantic

I am a bellydancer and tarot enthusiast, so imagine my excitement when I saw on the World Dance New York (production company that puts out fabulous dance, fitness, etc. DVD's and shows) website that they have an upcoming release called "Tarot- Fantasy Bellydance"! (release date 23rd Feb). I thought non-bellydancing creative types might be intrigued by this too!

Fantasy Bellydance incorporates various styles of Bellydance as well as using costumes, sets and music, to tell a story- in this case, they are portraying Tarot cards. There appear to be 17 dances, so the Majors are not completely covered, which is a pity- but I'll take what I can get!

Tried to post a pic of the cover here, but it won't work (don't know why as I have posted images here before with success). The female dancer on the cover is Neon, my favourite dancer. Here's a link to the web page:

http://www.worlddancenewyork.com/product.php?proid=95&catid=18

Naneki

That looks very cool! Thanks for the link. I love to bellydance, although I'm a rank beginner.

irmata

!!!!!!!!!!!

Autumn Ward doing "Judgement" squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :D

THANK YOU for sharing this!

2_Journey

!!!

I just got back from performing tribal belly dance here in DC, and this looks fantastic! Two of my favorite hobbies combined into one!

Thanks for posting about it! I would never have seen it otherwise.

metal_romantic

Ooh, more belly dancing, tarot reading people!! It's wonderful to meet you all :D

Hedera

Oh, that sounds fantastic!!!

I'm about to start bellydance classes again, after not being able to (time & money issues, mostly) for two years... and I've missed it so much!

Drat, I've just realized - that is probably going to be a region 1 DVD, right?
Which means my Dutch region 2 player won't be able to play it. :(

metal_romantic

Yes, it will be region 1. Does your player only play one region? Here the players are made for region 4 (Australia) but will play most other regions too. I have bought a lot of DVD's online from the US and all have worked on at least two of my players (I have 3 in different rooms). I have heard of "unlocking" players to make them universal (able to play all regions) which I have never had to do, but if you google it (with your brand/model of DVD player) maybe you could get some information. :)

metal_romantic

I think WDNY's DVD's might actually be regionless. They will play on computers whereas Region 1 DVD's will not (unless I change the region for the computer, and you can only do that 5 times *rolls eyes*).... so you might not have a problem at all. :)

Hedera

Hi Metal_romantic,

Thanks!
Yes, it only plays region 2; it's a very old, very cheap one. I've never been able to find an unlock-code for it, it's one of those weird fantasy-brands.

Hmmm, if the DVD is region-free, then it should really work here, too...

Those regions are annoying anyway; I don't understand why they did that in the first place. I mean, you can play a CD in any country on any kind of CD player, why not a DVD?

And if it doesn't play on my DVD player, I can try it on the computer, I suppose. :)

victoria.star

Thanks for the link!
I too am a bellydancer...although I have moved and haven't been able to find classes anywhere in my area!
argh.