Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

stefficus

(*d'oh!* this was supposed to go in the sirens' thread. ah well. it's not like it's a secret. sorry!)

i found the hardest part was keeping it down to five items, but i finally made myself remember that there were six other people sending items also... i didn't want to chance our bags being too heavy to lift. ;) it was a pain, though!

i wrote stuff explaining (sort of) most of the items, but there are a couple of duplicates that i didn't call out specifically in the packages:

the fossils came from the caves in hannibal, missouri. (i love caves!!) we bought a bag of sand that promised to have all manner of wonderful stuff in it, and then we two 30-somethings proceeded to have fun being the only people over 10 years old panning for gems in the sluice. fossils in one bag, crystals and rocks in another. you, uh, may want to give them another cleaning before use. ;)

the blue beads that only some of you got just came from a yummy little bead shop in kansas city. i thought they looked like little monochrome, simple mandalas. i always meant to do "something" with them and never have. this way they'll get some use.

kaleanna

Hi All,

Are you all still finding stuff even though you have sent out your packages. Well I am, LOL. Sheesh I am going to have a ton of stuff to look through for future oracle kit trades. I can not believe all the stuff that I am finding, LOL. Items that are too small for anything, things that I had forgotten about but are still too small to go to the boys etc.

I was just wondering if I was the only one that is still finding stuff even after my packages went out.

kaleanna

Satori

Nope, I just found two wooden monkeys today! ;)

Mailed out all my packages today...and a couple others to boot.

Now I have to go list who has their loot and who is waiting!

faunabay

Satori said:
Mailed out all my packages today...and a couple others to boot.

Now I have to go list who has their loot and who is waiting!
Oh good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who just mailed theirs out today! Mine are all on their way now though. :D

Satori

Hey check this out.

This is a junk reading my 11 yo daughter did using some of my stuff. She let the sitter choose his objects from a tray and then she had him lay the stuff out. The cloth is one of Chronata's creations for the Dreamstones. But I use it all the time for other readings.

I taught my daughter how to do this style of reading, but she did the interpretation. His response to her reading: "It was weird having an 11 yo tell you your life."

My idea was to have people build a mandala and then we would take a picture of it and they could take it home. I didn't realize she would also read the mandala for the people. Bill is my best friend's husband who I've known since college. So he has known my daughter her whole life.

He encouraged her to read it for him, and she did.

I love that he put the Wheel on the Future area...very interesting. I have no idea what she said to him.

Attachments

• Bill'smandala.jpg
    Bill'smandala.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 83

Chronata

oh Satori...that is so freakin awesome....

rhombchick

Wow!
That is interesting.

Your daughter is very talented!
I can't wait until my boy is old enough to teach about these things. Heres hoping that he is actually interested...

Satori

Chronata said:
oh Satori...that is so freakin awesome....

Yes it is.

Thanks to your cloth it is very easy for a kid to do readings. Both the kids know the elemental associations....pretty much. I taught her some of the areas on the cloth, and she went from there.

Pretty cool.

I was selling jewelry at a friend's house and I brought the stuff along to do the mandalas. And I asked Sage to handle the mandalas. She did great.

stefficus

ooo! ooo, ooo! oooOOOoo-ooo! satori... WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE DICE??

:laugh:

i, uh, might like some. :D or something, you know, whatever. forget i said anything. *nonchalant whistle*

*DROOL*

lefthandedgoth

stefficus said:
the fossils came from the caves in hannibal, missouri./

Probably won't mean anything to you, but my friend Dan supplies the fossils to all the caves up there. He collects them from all over the place.

Satori -- cool that your kid can do that! They are pretty intuitive. I used to ask mine to help me play "what do these rocks do" when I made bracelets for my shop. They would come up with all sorts of things, like "this one makes you like yourself a lot" and "this one is great beauty", but also "this one keeps people from looking at you when you're doing something you're not supposed to do."

I could never read on a fixed board or cloth. The way I do it is however the junk falls kind of makes a pattern, which is as important to the reading as the pieces in it. Sometimes figuring out the pattern is tough, though, and I guess having a spread cloth is a good way for a beginner to learn. I would just not want to be stuck with "this corner means this, that corner means that". It's too feng shui like for me and this is a chaos-driven system, but that's just my take on it. The great thing about this is that everyone can do it however the gronk they want to and it's all valid!

I also like those dice. Here's a link. I bet you can find them in a game shop.
http://wondertrail.com/gaming-dice-...-12-sided-by-koplow-games-2-ea/prod_5660.html

Ande