Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! The Little Drummer Girls

rhombchick

Oh I have a surprise for everyone.

Muahahahahhahahahahahahahha.

Cat*

I also vote for surprise packages! :)

Currently, Anam Cara's items are giving me the hardest time. Despite her long list, I don't even know where to look for things that a Victorian lady might have collected... Hints are gladly appreciated!

Milfoil's package still waits for the snow to melt so I can take a walk through the park and find some more suitable things for her. I hope the weather will be on my side here!

Rhombchick will indeed get a bunch of odd things. I hope she likes what I picked for her...

Cardlady22's items are also coming together. Her illustration of how she thinks along the lines of an oracle theme really helped me make sense of her list!

And then I have some things that could go into several of the packages but I can't decide whose would be the best fit...
Does anyone of you feel connected to Buddhism/Hinduism/Asian religions (yes, I know that's vague but I can't put the item in question to a particular religion/tradition)?
What about Thailand? Anyone with ties to that?

For the moment, I have, however, given up my initial idea of making some of the items myself because I simply couldn't come up with any good ideas for DIY oracle thingies (yet?).

Anyway, I won't send off my packages before next week, and maybe only on the deadline day March 15. I hope you don't mind that!

Satori

cardlady22 said:
I can't help linking to this pic! :grin:
ETA: Just found out it's in Atlanta! May have to visit GA some day.
Just come to my house and we can do that right here...big yard, fireplace, Moon Garden, places for the kids to wander, berry patch, organic garden, sky filled with stars because there ain't no city lights.

C'mon up....

Just came in. Kids wanted a fire, so we lit a fire and sat for an hour.

Of course it was the first fire of the year so they were crazy for lighting up sticks and waving them around with me in the background warning them if any of us got burned that was it! :eek: We'd go in and straight to bed....in my fantasy dreamworld we sat talking about life and each of us, even tho the kids were 7 and 11, had deep and meaningful insights to offer. LOL.

Instead it was a bit more like quiet...Stop that!....quiet....Mom she pushed my leg....quiet....The dog will step on those coals, now cut it out!....quiet....LOL.

Anam Cara

Satori said:
Just come to my house and we can do that right here...big yard, fireplace, Moon Garden, places for the kids to wander, berry patch, organic garden, sky filled with stars because there ain't no city lights.
Sounds blissful!

:heart:Cara

Anam Cara

Cat* said:
I also vote for surprise packages! :)

Currently, Anam Cara's items are giving me the hardest time. Despite her long list, I don't even know where to look for things that a Victorian lady might have collected... Hints are gladly appreciated!

I won't send off my packages before next week, and maybe only on the deadline day March 15. I hope you don't mind that!
Oh, sweetie, no worries! Other than preferring nothing made of plastic, bone, or blood...and an aversion to
neon colors...I'm really not picky...please don't stress!

Victorians were huge collectors of EVERYthing...
I look forward to seeing what "flotsam and jetsam" washes up on my beach! ;) (I can never use the words "flotsam and jetsam" without thinking of the characters in Disney's "Little Mermaid"!)

cardlady22

When I hear the phrase flotsam and jetsam it's always Carol Burnett's voice . . . Miss Hannigan trying to seduce Mr. Bundles (Annie) })
"Schedules! What are schedules in the storms of passion? Just so much flotsam and jetsam."

Cat*

Satori said:
I agree with Anam Cara: That sounds blissful indeed! (Even with the kids, dog, and the need to keep watch that nobody gets hurt.)

I dream of having a garden with a fireplace sometime! Right now, we can't even set up a barbeque (I live in an apartment building with small terraces on the ground floor and tiny balconies higher up). I once burned some things in an old wok (hey, I needed a fire-resistant container, and cast iron seemed to fit the bill :D) and immediately got weird looks from the neighbors (it was smoking quite a bit...). I mean, it's good that they paid attention in case the fire hadn't been intentional, but still...

Someday... :)

Anam Cara said:
Oh, sweetie, no worries! Other than preferring nothing made of plastic, bone, or blood...and an aversion to
neon colors...I'm really not picky...please don't stress!

Victorians were huge collectors of EVERYthing...
Thanks for the reassurance! I'm not as worried as I used to be because some things finally clicked in my head as I remembered a certain book... (I'll tell you all about it in the package I send). It also was huge fun going off on Google tangents to find out what sea glass was (I never knew there was a term for it)... And I rediscovered yet another bunch of thingies that may hold a treasure or two for you. :)

Making up meanings or stories for the items also turns out to be a lot of fun!

rhombchick

:bugeyed:
I was surprised at how many bones and teeth and stuff I had lying around the house.
Milfoil and Cat* are sorted.
Anam Cara is a little more difficult... I don't have much fitting her ideas.
I've found a couple of things, but I really would like to send the full 5 items instead of just three.
I may go OP shopping after all.

Cardlady, do you mind receiving plastic things? I've found some cool things to associate with your theme, but some are plastic and I wasn't sure if you were going the natural route or not

Cat: How strict are customs where you live?
I've got some interesting items to send.... I will send your package on monday and declare them as 'oracle toys'. If your package doesn't get there by monday in a weeks time I will send you another package. (It takes a week to get to hungary so it should well and truly be there unless confiscated)

Very excited guys....

Although I feel a bit macabre.... I've been looking on the side of the road for interesting dead things... (don't worry, I didn't find anything) from which to get interesting oracle things...
I found a dead cockatoo that had been hit by a car, but I felt so sorry for it, that I ended up burying it.... LOL!
I used to have a snake fang too... but I haven't found it.
Until doing this exercise I truly didn't realise how many dead animal parts I've collected. That sounds so wrong!

cardlady22

I'm an all-materials, all-items kind of gal! :grin: You know, if it doesn't fit anywhere else- cardlady'll give it a place.

Anam Cara

rhombchick, please! no stress sweetie~
No need to go OP shopping on my account!
(however, I'm not telling you NOT to go...just not
for me! Personally, there's not much I love more
than a whole day of "thrifting"!...fun!)

I've got all my packets sorted and have started
telling their tales. I bought padded envelopes
on the way home tonight, and expect to get
everything in the mail tomorrow... :)

Last night I took all the leftovers and picked
a few things out for myself...then shook them
up in my tambourine...I was really pleased
with how they laid out...but I didn't do a reading yet...
I'll wait until the collection of flotsam and jetsam
is complete...
oh, wait, that's the wrong word...I guess a collection
is rarely "complete", is it? None of mine are!
They keep growing!

But I'll wait to do a reading until my Drummer
Sisters' flotsam and jetsam has washed up on
this shore and is ready to join the odds and ends
waiting here....

~~ear to ear grin~~ :D