Peeking Through The Keyhole-remote Viewing

celticnoodle

overall, I think this was a great remote viewing! these pictures were submitted to me by our very own nyx here on AT. :D thanks nyx!

Since Coventry and Warwickshire are home to some of the most historic buildings in the country, it makes perfect sense for it to be able to lay claim to being one of the most haunted areas in the country.

From the frightening friar that roams Coombe Abbey to the phantom lorry of Ryton, there's enough nocturnal spiritual activity to make your hair stand on end permanently. And, of course, our area is home one of Britain's most haunted houses - Ettington Park.

The park may now be a magnificent four-star hotel but its spirits ignore the guests and appear at will and have terrified visitors and staff alike for many years.

Among the tales reported by white-faced guests are of a phantom lady in white who roams the corridors at night.

Lady Emma, as she has been dubbed, has been seen by many swishing along the cloistered terrace before melting into a solid wall. Visitors have also reported feeling fabric stroked across their faces while in bed and cold spots at various points around the building.

One of the newer tales of haunting comes from the A45 near Ryton at an accident blackspot. One story goes back to a dark, winter night in the early eighties when a man was battling his way through the fog on his way home.

His car headlights could barely penetrate the fog for more than 10 metres, but suddenly ahead he saw the gleam of headlights heading straight for him. As the lights grew closer he saw it was a lorry, careering out of control and heading straight for him.

As the lorry roared closer it was clear he had to get out of the way - and fast - and the man was forced to swerve his car off the road. As he crashed into the embankment he turned - and realised the truck had vanished.

Several other motorists have reported seeing a lorry swerving through the fog on the wrong side of the road but no-one has ever seen the face of the driver and every time it has disappeared into thin air.

Coombe Abbey was originally founded in 1150. Over the century's it has been host to many queens and princes but nowadays it resides as an impressive hotel and country park situation within Warwickshire, West Midlands There are many ghostly tales from Coombe Abbey and one in particular is off a Friar called Abbot Geoffrey. In 1345 Abbot was brutally murdered, for which his murderer was never caught and it is thought to be one of his fellow monks. Over the years, many visitors have reported seeing a ghostly cowled figure floating around the grounds, as well as various items being thrown across the kitchen. It is said these ghostly events are the result of Abbot's restless spirit The infamous monk is not alone at Coombe Abbey and it is said that the ghostly footsteps of a young gypsy girl can be heard crossing the cobbles near the stables. The young girl is believed to be Matilda who was betrayed by the master of the Coombe over 300 years ago. Matilda fell pregnant by the master and in return he rejected her and her child, who sadly was stillborn. Matilda, obviously distraught by her pain, put a curse on the family and stated that all first borns within the house would perish. Apparently, since this curse, the Craven family who owned the property 300 years ago until 1922, suffered many premature deaths of their children Currently, there are other ghostly claims of mysterious draughts, doors slamming and an eerie presence, for which many guests have had sleepless nights and feel so frightened that they leave rather quickly****

1150-coombe abbey, then known as the abbey of cumbe was founded by cistercian monks. 1345-abbot Geoffrey murdered in the abbey 1457-while awaiting trial for various offences sir Thomas mallory escaped from jail, gathered many men together and broke into coombe abbey stealing money and jewels. 1509-the stone built cloisters which still exist today were built. 1539-during dissolution of the monastreirs' coombe abbey and its lands were surrendered to a Dr London sent by Thomas Cromwell, the abbey and its possessions then belonged to king Henry VIII. 1581-John Harrington acquired coombe and built new house incorporating parts of the abbey buildings. 1603- princess Elizabeth daughter of James I came to live and be educated at coombe abbey. 1605- guy fawkes famous gunpowder plot failed as did the attempt to seize princess Elizabeth from coombe abbey and make her queen of England. 1622-coombe abbey was purchased by Elizabeth craven widow of sir William craven. The craven family remained owners of the abbey for the following 300 years. 1682-a west wing was added to the house, designed by same architect who designed Buckingham palace. 1771-lancelot capability brown employed to re design gardens and surrounding lands. 1817-indoor tennis court built. 1907- countess cornelia craven instigated the introduction of electric lighting to the abbey. 1921-in July, lord craven took his yacht *Sylvia* for the regatta, he was never seen again. It is thought he had fallen overboard during the night. Verdict of accidental death recorded.

I'm not 100% sure, but IF Lady Craven did haunt this place, i did find her pic on line, IF this is the same Lady Craven. :) so, does she look familiar to anyone??? :p

Attachments

• lady elizabeth craven.jpg
    lady elizabeth craven.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 57

celticnoodle

Okay, here is a historical place I found on the internet and I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone can pick up on this place. I, myself LOVE history, and I'm always watching the History Channel on TV, and reading about historic places - on the net and in books. so, anyway, this place I came across was really quite interesting.

edited to add: I found another picture from this place that is probably the most interesting room in the house--or at least one of the most interesting rooms, historically. sorry I didn't find this one originally-but perhaps you'll get more from this one! :d for some reason it will NOT let me add the third picture. :rolleyes:

I don't know why! so, I'm going to put it in a post on here below.

Attachments

• peek picture for may 05.jpg
    peek picture for may 05.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 67
  • peek picture two for may 05.jpg
    peek picture two for may 05.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 66

greatdane

Gee....

Wonder where I could have picked up that last week's place had such negative energy.....? :) On to this week's.....

GD

greatdane

Ok.....

not picking up lots from picture of house, but just looked at twice, quickly. I'm NOT going in for a closer look. I don't get extraordinary energy. Nothing really bad or good. Pic of the bedroom, I just get very disciplined, a bit stern, but that would go with the times. I think there was some happiness in the house. Structured living, but I get talent or creativity or skilled, someone very good at something whether writing or politics, something more with the mind than skilled with the hands. Other than the skill thing, not inordinately good or bad or interesting to me.

G

Nytebugg

Giggling. Girlish giggling was what i got from the bedroom pic. An affair....I don't know where that came from but it just sort of popped into my mind.
I really didn't get much off this one.

mingbop

Matilda, obviously distraught by her pain, put a curse on the family and stated that all first borns within the house would perish.
GD maybe you wandered into this poor girls mind .

celticnoodle

okay, here is pic #3 for this weeks peek.

this is a very historical room. hopefully everyone will pick up on the energy here.

Attachments

• peek picture three for may 05 peek.jpg
    peek picture three for may 05 peek.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 63

greatdane

PIC 3 The Bedroom

I get someone famous and smart, maybe to do with politics, something with writing and thought. If not politics, writer maybe. I get a somber, respectful feeling. Greatness. Had an energy I liked and looked closer, so I think this is good energy, don't feel anything bad.

Geez, I hope this isn't Jack the Ripper's room or something :))

GD

celticnoodle

greatdane said:
Geez, I hope this isn't Jack the Ripper's room or something :))

GD
:p no! not Jack. no worries there, GD!

greatdane

Celtic

ahahahahahhah I think, hopefully, I would have picked up on something that strong, without even looking close, but just sayin I would feel pretty silly if I were to find out I was waaaay off the charts! LOL I don't get any negative energy at all. The most maybe a bit of sternness, but nothing really negative. Disciplined, ducks in a row type person, very smart, creative, but creativity could be in form of political mind or writer.

GD