More tarot dreams

Laura Borealis

Posting here as dream threads seem to get moved here -- not asking for interpretation.

I've had two tarot dreams in the last few nights.

Last night, I dreamed I was hired by a rich person to study the Marseilles, particularly the Noblet. I'm sure it's because I was reading some of the threads here and had looked at the Noblet site, and the images and the idea of devoting time to study seeped into my subconscious.

The other dream was about a week ago. I dreamed that I was using tarot creation software to design a card (it was a Knight of Swords, I think). The software was really cool and I'm sure it could actually exist, though the market for it would be limited...

Basically it was a sort of Photoshop or Gimp-style graphics program, but geared specifically toward tarot, and with a drag-and-drop simplicity. It worked like the Historic Tale Construction Kit, but much more sophisticated. There was a vast database of images and symbols; you chose an image and dragged it to the "stage" where you were building the card, and then you could manipulate it. You could make it larger or smaller (in my dream I realized these must be vector graphics, so they wouldn't lose clarity at larger sizes). You could reverse it (mirror image) or rotate, and you could adjust the transparency. Then you could go chose another image or symbol and drag that one in. Each new image dragged in would be on its own layer, and you could keep playing with it till you had it just the way you wanted it.

Mine started with a woodcut-style Knight (of Swords, I think) and I was making him larger and smaller, then reversed him so he was facing the other way. Then I was looking for the next symbol I wanted to put in, and woke up around then. I was amazed that my mind built up so much detail about this dream software. You know how you can just know stuff in dreams.

It would be pretty cool if something like that really existed. I'd want it to be able to save the files with layers intact, so they could be imported into Photoshop or Gimp to have color added/manipulated. That was one detail my dreaming mind did not devise! ^_^

amethyst57

that does sound like fun software...too bad it doesn't exist...YET...