Pendulum & Divination advice

BridgetJones09

Hello!
I have a cheap glass pendulum, but it chose me from a few that were on a store...and I read something about it. It says that any chain with a pendant you like would do...
I'd like to have some advice about how to charge it and how to start doing some divination with it.
Thank you!
BJ09

amethyst57

Sit, relax,take a few deep breaths, calm your mind and focus...
hold the pendulum in your dominant hand...focus your energies and direct them to your pendulum....your pendulum will vibrate with your energies, when it's charged...

TractJM

There's many ways to charge, I personally believe it's all about intent. I've had shamans complement my crystals on how charged and clean they are with what little I do. It depends on what's comfortable or "right" for you. I hold them in my writing hand, I ask for them to be activated and serve the highest good of all, and ask for the angels/archangels to charge and cleanse them with their light, or I visualize white and golden or even some purple light pouring into it.

You can also put them with carnelian (charging), citrine (cleansing) or quartz (both). I have an ametrine, quartz, carnelian and amethyst cluster for cleansing.

so, if you like to do it simply - I believe an intention or gratitude prayer will work. You can use crystals, some people also put them under sunlight (if the won't fade or burn) and others bury them in say brown rice or soil for a bit. There's countless ways!

Divination...ask it to show you yes, ask it to show you no, ask it to show yo umaybe. Repeat again, usually the pendant/crystal will move in a particular way, this is a good way to get to know it.

As for divination, I'd recommend starting with things people can give you yes/no feedback on immediately - start with present, existing stuff. Get to know the pendant and get feedback. One of my pendants will answer great for spiritual questions and 90% of the time for yes/no's for things that exist, but never tell the future, but I've met people who it's the other way around.

You can also write the alphabet and numbers in a half circle or full circle on paper and see if it will spell things out.

I recommend asking your guides/Angels, if you follow that line of belief, to protect you, and to do a protection visualization - because I have observed people around me, and on AT who have had strange experiences. I believe pendulums can be very very useful but as alwasy remain protected and if you ask about things you can't be 100% sure on, don't let people take it to heart and as literal 100% truth if it's something very sensitive - get them to back it up with say a reading or something.

TractJM

I do pretty much exactly what rockergurl says, I just blabber, lol sorry XD

BridgetJones09

TractJM said:
I do pretty much exactly what rockergurl says, I just blabber, lol sorry XD

No, you didn't blabber! :) Pretty good advice you gave me, Thanks!!!

linnie

BridgetJones09 said:
Hello!
I have a cheap glass pendulum, but it chose me from a few that were on a store...and I read something about it. It says that any chain with a pendant you like would do...
I'd like to have some advice about how to charge it and how to start doing some divination with it.
Thank you!
BJ09
I love crystals as much or even more than most people... I bring them home with me all the time... and yet I don't believe a pendulum has to be a beautiful crystal for it to work. My BILs grandmother pendulumed every day: about homeopathic remedies, the sex of seeds she was planting, about which foods best served her body's needs that day... She made notes, jotted things down, and lived by her methods very well, dying in her 90s as fit as a fiddle... Her pendulum was an old screw dangling from a string... truly! One of my most accurate pendulums is a simple galvanised nut (as in nut and bolt), suspended on a few threads of my hair... :). I was thinking about it one day on a train to my Mum's place, wondering exactly what simple pendulum I should try... The nut was waiting for me in a puddle of water in her driveway... I used it all the way home on the train, and it is still in my handbag, a year later, and it is accurate. I think the intention you set is more important than just about anything else... So, perhaps charge it with your heartfelt desire for harmlesssness and to be of service for the good etc etc... whatever intention fits well with you... and I'm thinking you will have great results. Best wishes. :)

BridgetJones09

Loved it!

linnie said:
I love crystals as much or even more than most people... I bring them home with me all the time... and yet I don't believe a pendulum has to be a beautiful crystal for it to work. My BILs grandmother pendulumed every day: about homeopathic remedies, the sex of seeds she was planting, about which foods best served her body's needs that day... She made notes, jotted things down, and lived by her methods very well, dying in her 90s as fit as a fiddle... Her pendulum was an old screw dangling from a string... truly! One of my most accurate pendulums is a simple galvanised nut (as in nut and bolt), suspended on a few threads of my hair... :). I was thinking about it one day on a train to my Mum's place, wondering exactly what simple pendulum I should try... The nut was waiting for me in a puddle of water in her driveway... I used it all the way home on the train, and it is still in my handbag, a year later, and it is accurate. I think the intention you set is more important than just about anything else... So, perhaps charge it with your heartfelt desire for harmlesssness and to be of service for the good etc etc... whatever intention fits well with you... and I'm thinking you will have great results. Best wishes. :)

Your message besides being very useful is lovely! What your grandma did and all...Brings me hope that I can do as well as her... :) Thank you very much! I think I will always have it around with me. I love it!
:love:
BJ09

Istar

I have used these as well.. Last trip over to Salem MA, actually picked up two of them. Mostly have worked with Yes/no style questions, have also used cards and written stuff on them to get a reaction. There is books on ideas to use.

For reading, i find they are able to pick up on things that have a lot of energy to it in the question... AKA like if i asked am going to See X online and chat today ~ Chances are the reading is null since there no real connection ...

However If asked if i will see X physically at some point. normal has given correct answers. They are def worth learning.

brightcrazystar

The only real reason to prefer Glass over Quartz (which is also employing silca as the mediumistic conduit) is artistic glass often has lead artficially forced in it to enhance it's properties. Quartz is about 99% silicon dioxide, and glass is generally about 32%. Nothing called "glass" can have more than 80% silicon dioxide, which means you get less puritites, and thus you have an inconsistent molecular structure in cut glass pieces, resulting in greater fragility, heat sensitivity, and imbalance. Glass is an amorphis molten solid, and does not have a true liquid state.

If you do not think there is anything to this, but what is "in you", there is no reason to prefer any to the other, except that a piece could look balanced and not have true balance. Metal is truly the way to go in my opinion, and I would opt for silver or gold. To me, there is part of it that is "in you" but the trappings you emply do matter, WHEN you tap into that. A person who can unlock their own "divine providence" is better off with a thumbtack and a string than a person who is unable to tap into themselves using a machine precise PURE gold pendulum.

Quartz, Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond all suffice but be sure to test weight and balance. Obsidian is the best of the Quartz Family, in my experience, specifically "Snowflake Obsidian." I use large tear-drop shaped Snowflake Obsidian on a silver chain bolted through it's top and to the core. Technically, this is a naturally occuring glass with "spherulites" in it, each housing a crystal. The natural markings make it easy to note rotations. It is machine precise in weight and balance.

I also have a Gold one, but that one is special and only used for specific things.

If this one "spoke" to you, then by all means work with it, and get to know the ropes. Don't be suprised if you grow fast, there comes a time where you can bear more light, and this one seems not able to handle your full energetic capacity. That is probably the point where the impurities will matter. I am of a mind when a divination system speaks to you, it is a sign you are finding a new way to interact with the Higher and Lower planes. Good Luck!

Rovay

First, my ritual for binding with a pendulum involve wearing it close for me for awhile, 24hrs +. Get a shirt with a pocket near your chest, and put the pendulum there, and do on your daily work. Also, put it in a big bag, so it doesn't get lost, then sleep with the pendulum under your pillow. Usually when asleep people are closest as they can get to spiritual advancement, without meditation of course.

When that is done and you feel like the pendulum would work for you, use this:

http://karti-taro.com/images/pendcirc.jpg

Two things - not a good idea to give the pendulum to other people to touch it, play with it or such. May make it difficult to read with it after.

Second - the pendulum can be used for tons of divination things, including as a compass, but is made for self-divination. Don't use it like tarot cards and read people using it - it is made for self-divination and self-intuition enhancement.