Pendulum & Divination advice

amethyst57

if you swing a pendulum...how do you get an answer?
(and chakra check ups would be confusing too)
never seen it done that way...i hold mine still over a chart, cards, chakras, etc...it moves on its own accordingly...

DownwardSpiral

rockersgurl said:
Sit, relax,take a few deep breaths, calm your mind and focus...
hold the pendulum in your dominant hand...focus your energies and direct them to your pendulum....your pendulum will vibrate with your energies, when it's charged...

I just wanted to add (to this) that when you focus......make sure it's on the question and NOT on what you want the answer to be.

If you don't think you can influence a pendulum try this:

Hold the pendulum in your hand and ask it to make small clockwise circles. After a few circles ask it to make big clockwise circles. After a few of these circles tell it to stop. Now ask it to do the same with counter-clockwise circles.

DownwardSpiral

rockersgurl said:
never seen it done that way...i hold mine still over a chart, cards, chakras, etc...it moves on its own accordingly...

Ok I just tried this........I held my pendulum over the table and started swinging it clockwise in a circle as I asked the question..... Am I a girl? It circled 2 or 3 times around and then started swinging back and forth like it normally would for a yes answer. That was interesting.

Rovay

rockersgurl said:

well, I just watch in which direction it starts swinging once the initial swing stops. Because it wouldn't spin in a circle the way I swung it, you know? After some time it will lose that initial push and slow down, and start swinging in a different direction. I think chakra-wise it would work the same way. I will just swing it clockwise and watch at with direction it stops.

I actually never tried by just holding it over the circle or such. Didn't think I can just make it move like that - I just tried it, and it moved on itself. Neat, didn't think I had it in me. But still, I think that is too influencing, so will keep using the circle :p

@ Downward Spirit - seems you are trying my methods, I am trying yours xD.

DownwardSpiral

@ Rovay : )

Seems like our pendulums will find a way to give us an answer no matter how we start them out : )

Rovay

DownwardSpiral said:
@ Rovay : )

Seems like our pendulums will find a way to give us an answer no matter how we start them out : )

Indeed :)

priscilla

can we use pointed crystal pendant or a tube/round crystal with a round-metal-base holder as a pendulum?
there's a old folklore in my place that using ring and a strand of hair as a pendulum. I just tried it with my wedding ring and a strand of my hair, and it moved forth and back as yes and left-right as no.
my hair are rather short make me difficult to hod it, then I change the holder with my platinum necklace, and it still move the same way, but the vibration is weaker than before

DownwardSpiral

priscilla said:
can we use pointed crystal pendant or a tube/round crystal with a round-metal-base holder as a pendulum?
there's a old folklore in my place that using ring and a strand of hair as a pendulum. I just tried it with my wedding ring and a strand of my hair, and it moved forth and back as yes and left-right as no.
my hair are rather short make me difficult to hod it, then I change the holder with my platinum necklace, and it still move the same way, but the vibration is weaker than before

You can use either. I use a charm that's round : )
The vibration may be weaker because of the length of the chain. I used a really pretty piece of braiding cord (from the craft store.) Even string or thread would work.

priscilla

which is better for pendulum reading, clear quarts, labradorite or yellow tiger's eye? thx

DownwardSpiral

priscilla said:
which is better for pendulum reading, clear quarts, labradorite or yellow tiger's eye? thx
Sorry priscilla I have no idea if one is better than another. If you have all three then you could try each one. Eventually you would know which one gives the most acurate answers. Otherwise you could choose the one your most drawn too.