The Booty Babes

GryffinSong

I think, although the dragon has become the overall group mascot, that this lovely has become the watcher of my oracle. She's one of the things that survived my life's moves, and she caught my eye this morning. Bear is my grounding animal, and she feels appropriate as a guardian of my cloth. A supervisor of my throws. And a grounding for my process.

She's about 3.5" long and until this morning I thought of her as male. Change is in the wind.

BodhiSeed

GryffinSong, your story gave me goosebumps (the good kind:heart:); thanks for sharing it with us.

OOOoo! We have a birthday girl in our group. And I peeked at her profile and Satori's special day is June 19th!:D

I was lucky enough to win a stone and crystal raffle that MM had when she was tumbling stones - her collection (and the ones she shared with me) are lovely!:)

Satori

Gryff, you are so brave and beautiful.

You know adventures like the one you described are what I always thought I'd do someday. And I have little kids and a husband. Say no more, right?

This oracle, this new one is coming to me at a time when everything I thought I knew about life is getting turned around and I'm a little kid again trying to figure it all out, wondering if the Universe really does see me, really does care, and what my purpose here is all about.

I see my faults, my imperfections, I see where I need to grow. I know that Spirit is there, damn I do this work and I see miracles and tell people things that surprise me sometimes. And I still feel so...confused. People expect us to have the answers, and I can play the all knowing Oracle just fine. But I also tell my clients...the magic is in the surprise of not knowing. When you come here/to me you can make positive changes based on new knowledge and knowing, you stir the pot. But the real magic happens when the Surprises start to flow, stuff no one could have ever seen coming.

I wonder if this little kit is the start of a new oracle for me. I don't know if I can just toss these items into MoonBell and say...there we go, more stuff to play with. Because this is a new chapter, a new phase, a new time where the woman I am today is not the same woman as last week!

My husband and I are still dancing around the Divorce word. And believe me there are times I think ok. Let's just chuck it. And then I look at the kids and I think, are we really done?

I think that have never been more terrified. Honestly.

My friend Scion says that you are either moving toward something or turning away from something. I want to be turning toward something. I want to leave fear behind and turn towards faith and love.

Maybe this Oracle is about that.

GryffinSong

Satori, how beautiful your thoughts are!!! :heart:

I can tell you this. You have a beautiful soul. I know this. Whether you divorce or not, whether you change locations or not, whether you change what you do or how you see yourself or not ... you will always be a beautiful light in the darkness.

I, too, feel lost. Much of the time. A part of me knows that being lost is also the tip of an adventure. I know where I've been. I know where I am now. But I can never really know where I'm going. The human part of me wants a direction. Wants a flashlight. Wants a map. But there isn't one. There are only hints, flashes of light, and peeks at someone else's map who's gone before. Ultimately we all have to find our own way in this world. Sometimes we climb mountains, sometimes we dive underneath the waves. Sometimes we dance across a field of flowers. And sometimes we go up in flames and fear we'll never breath again. As long as we do it all with an open heart, an open mind, and an open spirit, I figure its all going to work itself out eventually.

I, too, feel that this oracle is coming at a good time, and will be something special. I feel honored to be a part of it.

((((((Satori))))))

BodhiSeed

(((Satori:heart:))), I know you feel inside-out right now, like you're walking around with no skin on and vulnerable. But we've seen you walk tough roads before, like the one you walked with Lou. Its incredibly hard to sit with another's pain, both emotional and physical. But we watched you do it with your sister, watched your compassion, your love. You have this tremendous inner strength that I don't think you're entirely aware of. Take my word for it - it's there, and will be there when you need it for whatever the future holds.

Remember these poems I sent to you for Lou? I thought they might encourage you now...

Let nothing upset you;
Let nothing frighten you.
Everything is changing;
God alone is changeless.
Patience attains the goal.
Who has God lacks nothing;
God alone fills every need.
~Saint Teresa of Avila

I know a cure for sadness:
Let your hands touch something that makes your eyes smile.
I bet there are a hundred objects close by that can do that.
Look at beauty’s gift to us – her power is so great she enlivens the earth, the sky, our soul.
~Mirabai

BodhiSeed

GryffinSong said:
I, too, feel that this oracle is coming at a good time, and will be something special. I feel honored to be a part of it.
I'm in a strange place in my life right now too, not anything bad, but just sort of a place of limbo. Decisions seem to be something like mist that I can't quite seem to grab hold of. So for now I'm trying to be patient and see what the Universe has in store, what doors may open... I agree GS, this oracle swap is coming at a special time.

GryffinSong

bodhran said:
I'm in a strange place in my life right now too, not anything bad, but just sort of a place of limbo. Decisions seem to be something like mist that I can't quite seem to grab hold of. So for now I'm trying to be patient and see what the Universe has in store, what doors may open... I agree GS, this oracle swap is coming at a special time.

Yes, I hear that. I'm not actually in a bad place anymore either. But I feel discombobulated, as if I haven't gotten past the first bare step of creating my new life.

Isn't that limbo place one of the hardest??? It's almost easier to be in the middle of horror. When I was so sick from chemo that I had to spend days at a time in the hospital, at least there was no doubt that I was exactly where I needed to be at that moment!!! Now the possibilities seem almost so endless that any misstep might take me past a beautiful opportunity. Time for some trust that, as you say, doors may open, and that we won't miss them when they do.

Hugs to all of us (((((Booty Babes)))))

BodhiSeed

GryffinSong said:
Isn't that limbo place one of the hardest???
Yes!!! I'm such a "doer" that it drove me crazy at first, but now I'm trying to be a "watcher." :D

kaleanna

(Peeking in)

Just wanted to send hugs to ya'll seems that they are needed

(((((((((((( the booty babes group))))))))))))))))

KMilliron

Not a member of any of these assorted divination gangs that have set up, but I noticed a lot of you guys mentioning shells. Hit me up if you need any.
Anything lake-y for that matter. I have lots of extra shells and the such I can donate. :D