I had a dream, no clue of the meanings, if any:)

daphne

I had a dream I would like to get some opinion about. If this is not the right place to post, moderators please kindly remove it.

The dream: I was with an very old colleague, from my early school (I do not have contact with her since then and I do not really wish for it; I used to secretly envy her for her background and sort of better start-up in life, also intimidating by her but never let her know). We were not very closed but sometimes I dream her, probably she is kind of standard I could not reach at that moment.

She gave birth in a hospital to twins, I was there, looking at her and her babies, helping her around with advice and support, taking care of things, mediating some conflicts she had. The labor was fine, all medical support around her. She started breastfeeding and everything went perfect. She was happy, all were happy around her.

Night came, everybody left, I was alone in a sort of deserted area of the hospital and unexpectedly (I even did not know I was pregnant) I gave birth to twins too by C-section, no pain, the wound closed itself. Two girls (I prefer boys), small, blonde, strange looking, but in dream they looked normal to me. I was amazed I have kids and I felt sort of an inner smile, like playing everybody a practical joke.
I new they were starving so I took one of them to breastfeed. I was looking with distrust to my left breast wondering if I can give her something to eat and after few very long seconds, clear liquid came out and feed her. It was like a miracle, I did not expect this from my part. I only feed one of them until she was 100% full. The other one I said to myself I will feed when I`ll be back, as I realized I need to get a doctor to check them up. I had now worries to let them there and I knew she the other one can make it without food (almost considering that she can have some food from the full sister via sort of symbiosis). In fact, I fed one newborn just to check I can do it, it is possible, now there was no hurry for feeding anymore.

Aware that nobody knows the big news, I was thinking to call my family to tell them, I knew they would be extremely happy with such a news, but then it was quite late and I post-pone-it for the next day. And finding a doctor for the twins had priority. I knew the babies needed sort of assistance, to be checked by a doctors, so I left them in their little bad, one feed, one not, and start walking long distances in that empty white and very clean hospital, looking for a doctor.

Walking to those corridors, I was worried I would forget the hour they were born (and then I will not be able to calculate their astrological map) and tried to think back and subtract the time passed, to get the birth time (and I managed to think they were borne around 8 in the evening). Then, I needed a doctor to establish the points a baby gets at birth and some sort of oxygen supplies, some white thin and delicate tubes my colleague had for her babies.

Before I left, I tried to read some sort of medical book about first care of new born babies, but it was too much text and I had no time. Although I was sure I can also manage myself with or without reading the book, I just wanted the easy way this time, to find an experienced doctor. Moreover, I felt exhausted and so alone, nobody helping me, nobody knowing about the big event which I knew would make everybody very happy, nobody celebrating me.

Eventually, I found a lady-doctor, she was a nice, gentle person but quite cold, indifferent to my situation, even giving me tasks to do until I told her I just gave birth and I should rest and she should take care of the situation. She was amazed, realized what big deal I managed to do by myself, and looked at me with admiration, valued me at that point, as something exceptional and took over.
Somewhere here, when I found the doctor, the dream fade away.

Thanks for your comments, if any!

(edited to add the feelings during the dream)

cronegoddess54

Wow, what a dream, and very detailed! The first thought that came to my mind was your colleague having twins and everything was perfect. This is a contrast to you giving birth to twins, and not being perfect. What are you searching for, in waking life? Wondering the hospital searching for someone to help you....is there something you feel you cannot quite make the grade, not reaching a goal or something? You are feeling inadequate somewhere in a situation?? Dreams are crazy! For one thing you should be able to figure what your dream is telling you, better than anyone. These are just some ideas for you to throw around...anyway good luck and hopefully you will get some more thoughts.
CG54

daphne

Wow, what a dream, and very detailed! The first thought that came to my mind was your colleague having twins and everything was perfect. This is a contrast to you giving birth to twins, and not being perfect. What are you searching for, in waking life? Wondering the hospital searching for someone to help you....is there something you feel you cannot quite make the grade, not reaching a goal or something? You are feeling inadequate somewhere in a situation?? Dreams are crazy! For one thing you should be able to figure what your dream is telling you, better than anyone. These are just some ideas for you to throw around...anyway good luck and hopefully you will get some more thoughts.
CG54

Thank you for your thoughts.
I hear you.
And I have sort of blockage understanding my own dreams, although dreams of others seems so easy to interpret.
I was thinking already of this possibility you mention, not being adequate.
Competing, comparing myself.
Also, the other way around, my colleagues gets everything done with help, I do it myself, even suturing the C-section.
Not being aware of pregnancy/ability to breastfed can also mean not being aware of my real potential, underestimation, lack of self trust...And so on.
I`m lost when it comes to my own dreams.

Vesper

The first thing that struck me was how you were alone, having to do all the work. From conception, to gestation, to childbirth, to feeding, to postnatal care.

You helped someone else, but no one helped you. You did everything in secret. Either something in your life doesn't feel fair, or you are worried that you can't ask for and receive help and attention from others. From the very vulnerable nature of the long walk at night through the deserted hospital, I think this is more about fears and feelings of inadequacy.

The unfed child, the cold doctor, and the secure colleague in the dream are all aspects of the dreamer. They are parts of you which are neglected and unfeeling, and also a part that feels safe and loved. The dream asks you to integrate and acknowlege all of them. This is the continual process of consciousness, and another reason why our dreams are so complex and compelling.

The fact that you were able to nourish the unvalued (girl) child proves that you have what it takes. Eating and feeding are always a good sign in dreams. It means the deep unconscious center, where the soul lives, is feeding the conscious mind. It means growth.

Good dream.

Michelle B

I had a dream I would like to get some opinion about. If this is not the right place to post, moderators please kindly remove it.

The dream: I was with an very old colleague, from my early school, we were not very closed but sometimes I dream her. She gave birth in a hospital to twins, I was there, looking at her and her babies, helping her around with advice and support. The labor was fine, all medical support around her. She started breastfeeding and everything went perfect. She was happy, al around her happy.

Night came, everybody left, I was alone in a sort of deserted area of the hospital and unexpectedly (I did not know I was pregnant) I have birth to twins too by C-section, no pain, the wound closed itself. Two girls (I prefer boys), small, blonde, strange looking, but in dream they looked normal to me. I new they were starving so I took one of them to breastfeed. I was looking with distrust to my left breast wondering if I can give her something to eat and after few long seconds, clear liquid came out and feed her. It was like a miracle, I did not expect this from my part. I only feed one of them, the other one I said I will feed when I`ll be back, as first of all, I realized I need to get a doctor to check them up.

Aware that nobody knows the big news, I was thinking to call my family to tell them, I knew they would be so happy with it, but then it was quite late and I post-pone-it for the next day. And finding a doctor for the twins had priority. I knew the babies needed sort of assistance, to be checked by a doctors, so I left them in their little bad, one feed, one not, and start walking long distances in that empty white hospital, looking for a doctor.

Walking to those corridors, I was worried I would forget the hour they were born (and then I will not be able to calculate their astrological map) and tried to think back and subtract the time passed, to get the birth time (and I managed to think they were borne around 8 in the evening). Then, I needed a doctor to establish the points a baby gets at birth and some sort of oxygen supplies.

Before I left, I tried to read some sort of medical book about first care of new born babies, but it was too much and I had not time and I felt exhausted and so alone, nobody helping me, nobody knowing about the big event which I knew would make all happy, nobody celebrating me.

Eventually, I found a lady-doctor, she was a nice, gentle person but quite cold, indifferent to my situation, even giving me tasks to do until I told her I just gave birth and I should rest and she should take care of the situation.
Somewhere here, when I found the doctor, the dream fade away.

Thanks for your comments, if any!

Hi there, It made sense that I was drawn to this post, as I too am a twin. What a neat dream! I don't want to comment so much on the meaning of the dream as I believe the meaning of our dreams is very, very individual in nature and only you can find that answer. We just have to listen. That's just me though! (-: What I do want to say is that as I read this, I saw a clairvoyant picture of an upscale dining/coffee shop on a street in New York. I have no idea where you or she are from but "New York" and a busy street in that city come to me as a write. There is a strong sense of a meeting to come or maybe it has happened with the two of you at this location. Let me know if this helps!

daphne

The first thing that struck me was how you were alone, having to do all the work. From conception, to gestation, to childbirth, to feeding, to postnatal care.

You helped someone else, but no one helped you. You did everything in secret. Either something in your life doesn't feel fair, or you are worried that you can't ask for and receive help and attention from others. From the very vulnerable nature of the long walk at night through the deserted hospital, I think this is more about fears and feelings of inadequacy.

The unfed child, the cold doctor, and the secure colleague in the dream are all aspects of the dreamer. They are parts of you which are neglected and unfeeling, and also a part that feels safe and loved. The dream asks you to integrate and acknowlege all of them. This is the continual process of consciousness, and another reason why our dreams are so complex and compelling.

The fact that you were able to nourish the unvalued (girl) child proves that you have what it takes. Eating and feeding are always a good sign in dreams. It means the deep unconscious center, where the soul lives, is feeding the conscious mind. It means growth.

Good dream.

Thank you, Vesper!

After I read your meanings, I felt like a broken bubble gum. As when you have to eat an elephant at once. It suddenly became too complicated and my brain (or my conscious ego) warn me it will explode if I dig too deep.

I would like my dream to brake each issue one by one, not to put everything together in a primitive soup.

daphne

Hi there, It made sense that I was drawn to this post, as I too am a twin. What a neat dream! I don't want to comment so much on the meaning of the dream as I believe the meaning of our dreams is very, very individual in nature and only you can find that answer. We just have to listen. That's just me though! (-: What I do want to say is that as I read this, I saw a clairvoyant picture of an upscale dining/coffee shop on a street in New York. I have no idea where you or she are from but "New York" and a busy street in that city come to me as a write. There is a strong sense of a meeting to come or maybe it has happened with the two of you at this location. Let me know if this helps!

Thank you, Michelle!

The thing is that I`ll visit New York soon and definitely I`ll drink a coffee somewhere there.

Vesper

Sorry if it sounded too elaborate.

I think the dream is trying to say something about secrecy. Do you want to be more open, more outgoing with people? The cold doctor seems to represent your fears if you tell people what you need. The colleague who is treated well is about your hopes if you reach out to others. Unlike in the dream, you don't have to read every medical book, and you don't have to do everything alone.

That's my simple interpretation. It is, of course, your dream, and only you know what the symbols mean.

daphne

Sorry if it sounded too elaborate.

I think the dream is trying to say something about secrecy. Do you want to be more open, more outgoing with people? The cold doctor seems to represent your fears if you tell people what you need. The colleague who is treated well is about your hopes if you reach out to others. Unlike in the dream, you don't have to read every medical book, and you don't have to do everything alone.

That's my simple interpretation. It is, of course, your dream, and only you know what the symbols mean.

You are so sweet. It`s not that your explanation was blurry, but my brain is.:)

It`s like: it is not the fault of the relativity theory I don`t get it, but it is my brain`s lack of capabilities to pursue certain understandings.

nisaba

I think the whole dream is about anxiety, uncvertainly, and being unhappy with here you are at the moment. There are worries that you don't let yourself look at when you're awake, so they're surfacing in your sleep. Like the strange-looking babies of a gender you'd prefer not to have, they need to be taken care of, but can't count on you to do it at this stage.