The Booty Babes

Satori

KMilliron said:
Going to see if my lovely Surrogate Mom Nurse Lady will provide me with a ride to the beach today. Once I inform her that I transcode the third LOTR movie to her widescreen hdtv I'm sure she's be happy to. :D

Happy trails Madam Gryff. I'll see if I can post a picture for everybody of my loot. ^_^
How was the beach girlfriend?

Satori

Well, these crabs aren't quite the same as the beachy crabs, or at least I think so. In fact our Grand Dame, according to Witchy Woman, who is the resident expert on hermit crabs, says that Nancy is an old lady.

Who knew! Well Nancy abandoned her shell and took up residence in one of my African Turban shells (which is about letting your inner light shine, and that under the muck and grime is a shining light body according to Ocean Oracle). She hasn't changed her shell in a long time and I don't think she molted. There were two other crabs that died a long time ago in the same tank as Nancy. Nancy has survived! She is like all of us! A fighter!

Guilty to admit that I find hermits a sort of bizarre pet. They are nocturnal, so they come out at night. Um. I sleep at night, right? right. the minute you look interested in them they whoosh into their shells with nary an antenna poking out to indicate they are there. Talk about shy. LOL.

Nancy didn't used to pinch, and now if you hold her she gets hold of you with her big pincer and won't let go. We handle her with gloves or pull a sleeve over any exposed skin. And she can still get you. Pinchy old dame.

But she lives on! And today i got a good look at her shell. She's as healthy as a well as a crab I geuss. ;)

Satori

morticia monroe said:
The operculum is sweet! Beach glass and driftwood would be awewsome, KM, and if you could find a few pretty pieces for me, I'd be happy to repay in kind with quartz crystals, dug by yours truly.
Morty, I don't know how you do it. Can you tell us how you dig for crystals and where and the like?

Dare I ask if we are all getting a Morty dug crystal? Jeepers I'd love one. I will find something super special for you. Should we indicate our interests? What we hope to get....well. Actually, I want the surprise. I don't want to influence anyone too much this time. I just want to see what washes up on my beach. I'm all about the surprise this time.

LOL, except for driftwood, operculums.....a Morty stone etc. Yikes. Can you say control freak???

KMilliron

Satori said:
How was the beach girlfriend?
Didn't get to go. Construction, lying landscapers, and walmart backed up our schedules pretty bad. Going to try and go tomorrow.

BodhiSeed

I love driftwood, but it is a rare find here in the southern beaches. I haven't been to the beaches since the oil mess. Hey MM, how is the water looking out in the bayous of LA?

Satori

I found a medium sized piece of driftwood in RI the other day. Have no idea what to do with it. If postage weren't a problem I'd send it to Aulruna!

I had a fantastic night last night in terms of this exchange. I may actually have everyone covered right now. I ransacked an old bead box of mine and of course I found things that I want to keep but I was very good and just kept tossing item after item into my little exhange box.

I did pull a few items out of the MoonBell that have been sort of stumbling block pieces for me. And I found the little kit that started it all, my original Toy Oracle. This was created almost by accident. I kept finding my daughter's littlest toys strewn everywhere so I started to put them together in a little box. One day I looked at it and had an aha! moment. The rest is history.

Have a lovely day everyone! My youngest is in a school play today. I cannot help her with her lines. Why? I was making suggestions about how to add expression and emotion to her parts. It ended quite tearfully with her crying and saying, "If I do that they'll laugh!" And me saying repeatedly, "That's the idea!" To which she responded, "I don't want people laughing at me!" And me, "You are in a comedy!" She began to cry hysterically because I didn't "understand her".

sigh. Apparently this daughter will not be famous on the stage or screen.

BodhiSeed

Oh Satori, how I can relate to this!:D If I tried to give my teenage daughter advice about anything (even if asked!) it usually turned into tears or a rant. Of course my friend (a few years younger than I), could suggest something, and she'd listen with no problem.:rolleyes: Are all girls drama queens at certain ages?

KMilliron

bodhran said:
Oh Satori, how I can relate to this!:D If I tried to give my teenage daughter advice about anything (even if asked!) it usually turned into tears or a rant. Of course my friend (a few years younger than I), could suggest something, and she'd listen with no problem.:rolleyes: Are all girls drama queens at certain ages?
Haha I'm an eighteen year old female. I'm not a drama queen, though I'm a minority. :D

I plan on trying to get out to the beach today but not sure how that would work either. I'll keep you guys posted.

Witchy Woman

Satori said:
Well snails have that little hard shell that covers their shell hole. When they die they shed the operculum, the little hard bit that protects the shell hole. Sometimes they are white with a spiral, and quite pretty. But I think it depends on the time of year.....

Chronata has found them by a lake near her.

I'd LOVE an operculum. I really would. It's all about protection.
those shell would make great rune stones..ill take 25 please...LOL

Witchy Woman

Satori said:
OK. Witchy is helping me with my hermit crab Nancy. She is perhaps, if she has one, sending me a shell for Nancy to grow into.

Here is her picture. Can you tell how big she is Witchy? That is a Ritz cracker we are handing her.
OK theres the picture. I completely missed that pm last night, i was talking with 5 people last night on pms and went right past the one of you speaking of the picture being here...LOL :)

Im comparing my finger and on my shell, to the picture and i think the 3 ive found will give her alittle option. :)
Did the pictures i sent you in the pm come threw?

She pretty and pretty old. hermit crabs grow slow as heck. I had one live for almost 8 years and i barely noticed a difference in his growth. Unfortunatly my last batch of hermits all got some virus from another crab i bought into the group and killed them all. I was so mad at myself for not quarantiening it...or however you spell that word.
OK im off to work. have a good day