The ((Rotation)) Of Runes

FenestraThought

Hello All :)

I have come to share ~! I don't give my opinion very often. I know it seems like I speak up a Lot here...but that is only because I trust yall ;). I don't like to "Boast". But this time I feel like I have something worth sharing :).

[size=+1]The Rotation of Runes:[/size]

This is still very much a work in progress. I just want to share what I have learned or "figured out" so far. And please, this is a discussion Thread I would love to hash these out a bit more.

The whole matter of Rotation came into play because the Runes can be drawn SOOOO many times when they are perfectly Upright/Normal or Rx(Reversed). So, it occurred to me that they MUST mean "Something" when they come out at angles. At this point I got a bit confused. I had to figure out what the angles meant, because the Rune(s) also have Rx meanings...

So I came up with the "Clock-Wise" Rotation system or what ever you want to call lol...(haven't thought of a catchy name yet)

Basic Principle : As the Rune(s) travels around the circle Clock Wise, it goes from Upright to neutral, to reversed, to neutral, to Upright again... Phasing through all the different meanings that each cycle can express. Like Tarot, the Runes can mean a plethora of varying things depending on the circumstances. The Phase of it's rotation is my way of seeing what meaning the Runes are expressing.

For Visuals see: >> Exhibit A <<
**I will be referring to this image, that is why I have numbered every box

Before you read the Phases, know that the Rune(s) differ like Tarot Cards. The 3 of cups is not the same as the 3 of Swords. The Rx 3 of Swords is positive in it's Rx negativity. The Rx 3 of cups is more Negative or a lessening of negativity. As is with Runes. Some Runes like Uruz actually express a Constructive journey around the Circle, albeit difficult by nature.

Phase 1 Represents the Fully Expressed energy of the Rune. The picture is of Wunjo, the Rune of Joy. So these Phases will express the interpretation for a positive Rune. However, Runes also represent destructive energies. Their cycle through "Expressed", "Null", and "Rx" is subsequently is different.

Phase 2 This phase is not so bad, this is showing veering away from the path, deviation to a degree. I see this as still with in your power to "Fix". Starting to "Wabble" but you can catch your balance easy enough. The energy of the Rune begins to lessen for what ever reason. This can serve as a "Cautionary Note", that you need to be mindful of loosing focus.

**Another perspective. This Phase is halfway between "Expressed" and "Null", Active and apathetic. You are having to actively keep the forward energy of the Rune going. There are influences that would see you Stop the progression of the Upright Rune. Be they Internal or External. In this Phase you are having to keep the energy going as well as keep if from stopping.

Phase 3 The "State" of the Rune's Energy is Not BAD but Not good. Apathy has set in at this point. For whatever reason the message of the rune is being suspend or ignored or it just isn't important/overlooked...not being effective.. it depends on the position of the rune to help define the true nature of how it is "Neutral".

Phase 4 The "State" of the Rune's Energy is getting worse. You are continuing slip into the negative meaning of the Rune. At around Phase 3 and 4 I look to what the Negative meaning of the Rune is and see how those traits start to express themselves. The tale tell signs of those negative attributes usually start to show themselves more and more the closer you get to the Rx energy/Phase of the Rune....

**For Ehwaz as you become more blocked, you become more stubborn and obstinate. Inpatients stars to express itself and effect you and the reading

Phase 5 The "State" of the Rune's Energy is Rx.

Phase 6 The "State" of the Rune's Energy is coming out of the strongest of the Rx energy, but the effects are still strongly felt. You are taking the first steps towards recovery.

Phase 7 The "State" of the Rune's Energy puts a stop to things again... Stalling development for whatever reason. Reevaluating what is being done, considering the future, Procrastinating. Just depends on the Rune and Placement..

Phase 8 You are in the Home stretch now. I find this is not an easy Phase for people to be in. It the Last Phase before the Rune is Whole again.
The Rx Energy of the Rune has been full aligned and there is a measure of closure or finality to the matter so that a new cycle can begin. ...
But as we all know... closure is NOT easy to come by for some and imposable for others...

EXCEPTION: Now, not all the Runes can be Expressed in a Rx state; i.e Dagaz, Gebo, Degaz..and others. These are Runes that I look at like Death or the Wheel of Fortune of Tarot. They are Cycles and They are either "In Effect" or they are "Neutral" or "Nonactive"/"Suspended", depending on the placement of the Rune and the surrounding Rune(s).

For Visuals see >> Exhibit B <<

When the Rune shows itself, but is Neutral, it "Means" something. It usually depends on the reading and placement as to what it DOES mean.
It points to a "Pending" event. But why is it "Pending"?
Use the Other Rune(s) to help you figure it out. Also Look at how close it is to being fully Neutral or fully Upright/Normal, some times this gives you some clues.

One time I got Hagalaz Neutral as a Future "What to Do". Meaning that the Quarent should Hold off on making any Big changes till some other stuff get taken care of.

I like the aspect of the Neutral Phase. It adds another depth. the Rune(s) can say "Hey...my energy is here but I am not be utilized" or "Hey ... my energy is going to come into effect but at the moment I am "Suspended", don't get caught unawares.

I hope this helps. This is just something I have put together for my self because I Needed something to help me decipher the meanings of the Runes. As to the other system that Penthasilia posted, I think its GREAT it just requires me to collect more "stuff" lol...and I am a procrastinator...I am sure I will be delving into it more now that I have more time (Like actually buying the extra stones o_O )... I can't wait to see what dimension "Casting" the Runes will bring.

Chrysalis

rune rotation

I think this concept is brilliant. The runes meaning changing and different "levels" of positive and negative influence. It brings to mind the waxing and waning of the moon and the Yin and Yang. Thank you

jenn

Now there's a thought - I am coming back to the Runes after quite a while away, mainly focusing on the Tarot.... so will be interested to see if this goes any further.
Any more updates Fenestra?
Jenn

N1ghts0ng

very exciting! thanks for posting Fenestra!!

crystal dawn

Hi Fenestra
Your method kinda reminds me of the astrological mandala tarot - probually one of the only tarot decks to have perfectly square cards. In the book with the cards in gives the usual upright and reverse meanings, but also says if a card points to the right this is something the querent is thinking of doing and will carry out and if a cards points to the left indicates something the querent is thinking of doing but will not carry out.

but anything that can shed more light on readings is most welcome.

blessings

crystal

SagiChar

FenestraThought .... I just wanted to take a moment and say that this Rune Rotation post is excellent!

I have this set of Runes ( have had them for many, many months now), and have been so enthralled with Tarot, that I haven't had the chance to check out them out more thoroughly, until tonight...and that's when I found your post.

This will be of great use to me in the upcoming weeks and months and just wanted to say thank you for sharing it...I can tell it took a lot of time to put this all together! :D

FenestraThought

Thank you :) I'm glad that it will be of some use to you.
It did take some time to post...but I felt the need to share what worked so well for me.
I'm glad I did :D
Good Luck to you ~! Have fun with the Runes

FenestraThought .... I just wanted to take a moment and say that this Rune Rotation post is excellent!

I have this set of Runes ( have had them for many, many months now), and have been so enthralled with Tarot, that I haven't had the chance to check out them out more thoroughly, until tonight...and that's when I found your post.

This will be of great use to me in the upcoming weeks and months and just wanted to say thank you for sharing it...I can tell it took a lot of time to put this all together! :D

SagiChar

Thanks again...

The Runes, from what I've been reading so far (from other ATer's here) seem to be way more 'to the point' than Tarot cards, I'm interested in seeing (and appreciating) the differences between the two!

paranoiabombss

Wow. This is a really awesome post. I've heard of the reversed rotation meaning something, but I never thought of the other angles as well.

Great job! I'll have to keep this in mind when I get more into reading runes. Thanks!