Auras

Aura Wolf

Moonbow's colour thread inspired this. The association between colours and illnesses reminded me of my fascination with auras. I don't know a lot about them, except that very young children often apparently have the ability to see these auras of colour around people. I used to have this book of true stories (ghosts/supernatural powers, etc.) and one of them was about a young boy who saw auras, and although no one believed him, he continued to see them as he grew older. Eventually he learned that certain colours represented different types of energies, and whenever he saw a bright red colour, wherever he saw that colour, he knew the person was in some sort of pain in that area. The story went on to tell how the boy managed to save his mother from cancer because he kept seeing a growing red ball in her chest and insisting that she get an X-ray, even though the doctors didn't pick up on this. It was very interesting.

Does anyone here see auras? It seems to tie in with all the other spiritual/psychic ablities that children possess, but as they grow and learn, these abilities usually fade because as they say, believing is seeing, and most people don't believe or nurture these sort of things. Again, you can find a lot of info on this on Google :)

Does anyone know anything about this?

Belladonna

Hi, Deadstar. Over the past couple of years I've somehow managed to see auras around people and animals, but seldomly and erraticly. I'm not even sure what this ability depends on although it's always been in the winter, either against the back drop of bright white snow, or at night against the backdrop of a dark, moonless night.

The only aura I can see regularly (at least a few times a week) belongs to my black lab, Max. His appears an almost flourescent yellow/green. I've never seen my cat's auras. I've seen my son's aura two or three times playing outside in the snow. It appeared a magenta/plum colour. I've seen my best friend's little girl's aura once. It was watery looking and pale blue.

Come to think of it, for every person's aura that I've viewed while standing outside in the dark (less than a dozen in my whole life) it's been much harder to make out the colour. I view it more as a shimmery electric kind of glow around their body that extends about 2 to 3 inches out around their bodies.

Well, I'm certainly no expert, but that's my experience!

Majecot

I have a vauge memory of seeing Auras when I was little, I think it is true as you become older you loose that ability (as we become more jaded I think)
I think that you can redevelope it with training . I envy those that can do it naturally. I have seen my own briefly if I look at my hands in the dark ( under the covers).
I have never really worked at it tho.
I used to know this person that claimed she could see Auras but I doubt it was true, ( we had discovered she was an untrustworthy and dishonest person) but in anycase, just judging by her relationships with men, I would tend not to believe her. (Could she not tell by their auras that these men were not good people??).
I don't think I have ever met anyone that truely could seen them.

WolfyJames

I saw my aura once, when I was a teenager, it was like Belladonna said, some sort of electrical glow around my hand, and there were touches of dark blue in it.

My mother used to be read by a very good cartomancy reader. She was doing numerology, astrology and tarot as well. Unfortunatly, my mother is not capable of contacting her anymore, she might have moved or something. Last time my mother went, I went with her. When I entered in her room, she gave me a pen and papers and made me write stuff, including her readings for me. She did numerology and calculated my years. She told me on the spot things she felt from me, things that were going to happen in the future, and she was right about them. She could see my aura and she told me which colors it was: blue, green, yellow and lilac; I was so impressed that I forgot to ask her what these colors meant. Then, she read me. It was a great experience, and we clicked, so we passed an agreable hour together.

I was curious later what the colors meant, and I checked in my mother's books, and I did find a section in a book on this. Lilac is a color that children often have as aura, and that when adults still have this color, it means immaturity (which in my case is true). I don't remember the other colors, but if you want, I could go check back that section and tell you what each color means. I won't happen this week though, I go at my mother's place every sundays.

Jewel-ry

This is very interesting because it wasnt until I read the thread that I realised what it was I was seeing when I was a child. I need to go think about this. Will return.

J :)

TemperanceAngel

Off to work

But will be back to post in here xTAX :)

Aura Wolf

Wow, jewel-ry, a recovered memory! :D

This is really interesting. I suppose it's not all that rare for people to see auras, although maybe it's just kind of generalized with us because, obviously, being spiritual people and tarot readers, we are very receptive to such things :) It's interesting to hear though.

There are some neat websites with info on aura colours and exercises to see your own aura. Quite neat. I also wish I had this ability, it would be so handy ;)

Moonbow

So how do you train yourself to see aura's?

Moonbow*

Moonbow

Thanks Dead Star

I believe in aura's but I'm having a bit of trouble believing they can be photographed! What does everyone else think?

Moonbow*