The Best Lenormand Deck for a Newbie

Persia

I am ready to buy a Lenormand Deck but I have no idea which one is best for me. I have never used one before so I suppose I need something that teaches, but I love artistic decks, so I would like something attractive - I'm feeling pushed towards the Ciro thing, but I'm not really into him, I have one of his decks and I never use it - way toooooo slick for me. I'm a history buff, so maybe something close to the original, with colours. Can you help?

GryffinSong

I like the Mystical Lenormand. Charming artwork, and readily available for $12.60 on amazon.

I also LOVE the Melissa Lenormand, but its a little more money.

WolfyJames

Some Petit Lenormand with colors, maybe historical.

There is the historical Iris Verlag Lenormand, it has nice pretty colors, same with the Piatnik Lenormand.

LisaStarlight

If you're looking for something with a more historical flavour, then the Lenormand Oracle cards by Gina di Roberto (Lo Scarabeo) might interest you. They're a reproduction of Lenormand cards first printed in Paris in 1890. There are no playing card inserts or any verses in them, so no distractions from the images for a newbie (and I'm one, too).

This is the first deck I purchased, but there are free printable decks online (offered by the creators for free, I mean) if you're just looking to see whether Lenormand is something you'd be interested in. You'd have to print them and cut them to size yourself, but it's another option.

I can send you the links via PM if you like, because I'm not sure whether I can post external links into the threads here.

Tag_jorrit

Google "Lenormand images" and you will find an enormous selection of decks. You will definitely find one to your own taste. Then you can get help identifying it to locate a copy for yourself. For the inexpensive commercial decks, some of which are easy-to-read-with antique reproductions, you can get the from the Book Depository cheaply and they ship free worldwide.

If you are just getting into Lenormand, I suggest you get one without too much visual clutter so you can see each symbol without having to look too hard. Being able to pick out the symbol easily definitely makes it easier to learn.

I would advise against the Mystical because, while many like the art, it contains many irrelevant "symbols" within many of the cards and can be confusing when you are just learning. It can tempt you to read the "art" rather than they Lenormand symbols and hinder learning the Lenormand language.

BeyondtheVeil

I have Chronata's Minute Lenormand I am planning to use it with her Minute Tarot Deck soon.

I would take a look at some of the pictures listed in the Decks site of this website to see if any of the pictures/decks call to you.

Good Luck! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Persia

Thanks for all the great ideas - I'm checking them all out and I'll let you know what I chose.

BeyondtheVeil

Thanks for all the great ideas - I'm checking them all out and I'll let you know what I chose.

Enjoy your search, Sweetie!! Remember to pick a deck that you can see some pictures of and feel like you can connect with. I only have the one deck, but it really called to me and then I knew it was the one.

shadowdancer

Can I also add (as a newbie to Lennies) making your own is also a great way of getting to know the system. Putting your own image on a card, and also some key texts which resonate with you. I am waiting for mine to come back from the printers and the fact I spent hours with it by putting it together will no doubt help me click with the readings I do.

But the previous advise of look through online images and choose a deck that resonates with you is the way to go. I know my tastes would be mine, and not suit others. Vice versa.

Welcome to the world of Lennies though. It is a blast :D

BeyondtheVeil

Can I also add (as a newbie to Lennies) making your own is also a great way of getting to know the system. Putting your own image on a card, and also some key texts which resonate with you. I am waiting for mine to come back from the printers and the fact I spent hours with it by putting it together will no doubt help me click with the readings I do.

But the previous advise of look through online images and choose a deck that resonates with you is the way to go. I know my tastes would be mine, and not suit others. Vice versa.

Welcome to the world of Lennies though. It is a blast :D

That does sound like a great idea! :thumbsup:

If I were the least bit artistic.. I would try that. lol I wasn't blessed with that though.

Have you made your own? That is so neat! :heart:

BTV