Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 136 : March 8th - March 15th

toj

Hermetic for me this week.

Maan

Tow days in and i really don't have a click with the the Wildwood.
I'm not sure what it is but i really have to put it away for a while. Maybe i come back for to it once i read the book. But for now its going on the shelf.

I picked up the Bonefire tarot to use the rest of the week. looks amazing and i really love the card stock. Similair to the Anna K

GryffinSong

hi all, I'm still here, still doing daily draws, just rarely online because I'm living at the Arizona Renaissance Festival with limited wifi. This week I'll be trying the Bonefire. Everyone's been talking about it and it never interested me until I found out today that its available as an ipad app. The colors are stunning, and we'll see how it goes. I both like and dislike the artwork. The faces I've seen so far bug me. Will try to get online to let you know how I get on with it. Hugs to you all ... I miss it here when I'm away. :)

GoldenWolf

Looking forward to what you think of the Bonefire, GryffinSong. It's one of several decks I'm considering. Maybe I'll try it as an app first too. Doing that has saved me quite a bit of money on physical decks this past year.

After working with the almost oracle like Fairy Lights for two weeks, the Tarot Illuminati has been a nice, grounding return to more familiar territory. I actually like all that lush rather over the top symbolism. Has anyone here bought the longer companion book? From what I could see on Amazon, it gets into the imagery and symbolism of the deck in greater detail. If so, was it worth the cost? I'm thinking of getting it in the ebook form which is only ten dollars.

GryffinSong

Wow, twice in one day! I decided I needed lunch out today and they have wifi. I'm dealing with some ANGER issues that really have me spinning. Will post request for help in the chat forum.

VGimlet

Robin Wood. You know, this was one of the first decks I purchased when I started to widen my tarot horizons. (Maybe number 5 or 6?) It was one of the first decks that went on my "more later" list.

Then I liked it because the images veered away from the Christian, and were more earth-based. But, but , but...it's not diverse. And I find myself really noticing that, and not being quite comfortable, personally.

I still like that it's not so Christian based though.

GryffinSong

Looking forward to what you think of the Bonefire, GryffinSong. It's one of several decks I'm considering. Maybe I'll try it as an app first too...

Mixed reactions so far. The imagery is fascinating and very easy to read intuitively. The LWB sux. Mere bullet lists that are basic tarot, unrelated to the rich imagery on the cards. Some of the artwork bugs me. Primitive is nice sometimes, and I like the objects, but the people are often just weirdly drawn. I find that distracting.

Elendil

Roots of Asia Tarot

Definitely a 'more later' deck. I don't really feel that a (busy) week has allowed me to do more than even scratch the top of the surface of this deck. I like the imagery (on the whole) but have not really had time to read about/study the system or ideas behind the images. It is generally RWS based...but there are some interesting twists.

Maan

Mixed reactions so far. The imagery is fascinating and very easy to read intuitively. The LWB sux. Mere bullet lists that are basic tarot, unrelated to the rich imagery on the cards. Some of the artwork bugs me. Primitive is nice sometimes, and I like the objects, but the people are often just weirdly drawn. I find that distracting.

i had some troubles with the lwb too. Its very minimum.Maybe she just wrote the non standard meanings she included in the painting? But i loved using the deck. The cardstock is a dream, just te way i like it, and the colours are gorgeouse. I acually really like the weirdly drawn people. But for many years the phantasmagoric theater tarot was my main deck, that ought to tell you something ;-)

I think since i didn't use it for a whole week because i switched i'm going to give it an other week.