Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 136 : March 8th - March 15th

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

Tarot Reading circle: Will create if requested.
Oracle Reading circle: Will create if requested.

5. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

List of Participants:
1. Elendil : Roots of Asia Tarot
2. BodhiSeed : Prairie Tarot and Medicine Cards
3. Maan : BoneFire Tarot
4. Madame Squee : Victorian Fairy Tarot and playing cards
5. jema : Robledo TdM
6. VGimlet : Robin Wood Tarot
7. GoldenWolf : Tarot Illuminati and Enchanted Lenormand Oracle
8. toj : Hermetic Tarot
9. GryffinSong : BoneFire Tarot (app)

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Prairie Tarot paired with the Medicine Cards. Thanks E.:heart: By the way, I keep meaning to ask you: out of the new decks you've used so far this year, which ones do you look forward to using again?
I had a lovely time last week with the Tarot of the Master, and will be sad to lay it aside for now.

Elendil

None of the decks that I have used since the beginning of January have hit my Top Ten... Songs For the Journey Home comes closest...but I wish I had the regular sized edition and not the mini. Decks I look forward to using again since August when the 'new year' for our group began are Tyldwick Tarot, BoneFire Tarot and Wild Unknown Tarot.

I just received Roots of Asia Tarot in a trade so will likely use it this coming week...but I haven't made a final decision yet.

I wanted to like the Silhouettes Tarot more. I was surprised at how well Tarot of the 78 Doors worked for me...and surprised at how much I ended up liking the Victorian Fairy Tarot.

I have some decks that I haven't used yet that I suspect I will not like and which I bought for 'novelty' value ( or because they were inexpensive)including Housewives Tarot and Mibramig Tarot.

I thought for a little while that with a price tag of less than 30 Dollars I would finally get hold of a Tarot Nusantara...but with shipping it got wildly expensive.

BodhiSeed

While I enjoyed some of the symbolism of the Silhouettes Tarot, it was so BUSY I got easily distracted and had a hard time focusing. :p I did like the Victorian Fairy much more than I thought I would, but the season/suit switch threw me a little. It's nice to be able to watch you work with the cards on your blog and decide whether I want to spend money on a deck. :D I eagerly look forward to you using the Roots of Asia - that one has been on my radar for a while.

Maan

hello again. Its nice to read your experiences with the decks you used so far. Especially the songs for the journey home since that one is on my wishlist for ages.

This week i'm going to use the wildwood tarot. Wich arrived yesterday just in time. I was lucky and got the new eddition with the oak tree on the backs. The packaging is really good for a mass marked deck. Surprised me, pleasantly

Madame Squee

Victorian Fairy Tarot and playing cards, please.

Thank you. :love:

jema

Robledo TdM for me.

Got a lucky draw with the random number thingy :-D
It's one of my fave decks ever and for sure the best deck of 2013 for me.

VGimlet

Back to being caught up for me, so I'm picking up the Robin Wood again.

I have so far liked the Journey into Egypt, which is odd because I don't usually like Egyptian-themed decks, but that one stuck with me. The Fairy Lights was also good, and the Granny Jones a definite favorite. The Silhouettes also going on my list for later as well.

Being more particular about the decks I purchase is paying off. Many more good ones so far this year.

Elendil

Decision made: Roots of Asia Tarot this week.

GoldenWolf

For this upcoming week, I will be using the Tarot Illuminati and the Enchanted Lenormand Oracle cards. Thanks!