ghosts, spirits and such

Siochanai

I have had quite a few experiences myself. Most of the time it has been what I call phantoms. These tend to come in the form of shadowy figures either people shaped or animals. This typically follows suit where I see a slight glow like eyes I double take try to focus to discern what it is then it fades away. This happens maybe a few times every couple months.

Two were the most prominent. Once when I was 8 I saw a cold blue translucent boy standing over my bed. He said help me and I was terrified. He vanished after a few minutes I was in tears of terror.

The next one was a few days ago. I was driving to work when something darted out of the corner of my eye in front of my truck. I hit the breaks and felt a huge bang and thump thump like I ran some animal over. I pulled over to check for damage and nothing was there. No damage nothing dead or running away. No pot holes I was stumped.

I do believe but still confused about it all.

greatdane

I believe in energy...in various forms

Living in a Victorian house from the 1800's, there was bound to be various energies here. When I first moved in, some strange things happened I couldn't find rational explanations for. But I have now lived here over two years and my energy generally takes precedence :)
I did cleanse quite a bit with incense while saying affirmations and walking around. I have a small Zenergy chime I use occasionally to clear out the nooks and corners (tons of angles here, perfect for trapped energy). But this is my place now. Do I think some energies remain? Yes, probably. But not an issue. For awhile, I was picking up a most unhappy male energy and found out I hadn't been the only one.
But to answer you, I believe in energy, I don't really call anything else.

CelestialHorse

Cool stories! I love hearing ghost stories! Yeah there's been times in random places where I Swear I see a black shadow or something go corner of my eye almost or something but either way I always turn to look what it is. I did see something black move across the road at a stop light. O_O; I think it was a ghost it wasn't an animal or object. At Font Hill in Pennsylvania, the place is supposedly/maybe haunted, and I saw a black shape run across the grass too.

I heard seeing black shadow figures are bad *shrug* not sure or even blobs which I have seen before. Creepy but so amusing. I'd spook of course, since we got that fight or flight mode always ready to turn on but the amateur ghost hunter in me would wanna go follow it or investigate what it is lol. I'm just curious really lol. I kind of want to see more paranormal stuf long as it won't hurt me.

I did go on a ghost tour where I live though I was rather annoyed with it. Did NOT talk about the ghosts at ALL! Just the history! -.- I mean yeah history is important to an extent, but when I want a ghost story, I wanna hear about the ghost/haunting :)

celticnoodle

As far as shadow people go, it truly depends on whom you speak with as to whether or not they believe these shadow people are good or evil. good and evil is in everything, and so, you should always be cautious, of course, and protect yourself. However, sometimes shadow people are spirits who do not possess the ability yet--or energy to actually materialize. It takes a lot of energy on their part to do just this. This also can explain why you may 'see' half a spirit or hear spirits faintly at times, rather then strongly so!

Every home I lived in had spirit activity. I believe all places, homes, etc. do and some more then others for various reasons. One home my hub and I rented in Vermont was filled with spirit activity! But, we did live across the street from a funeral home....

The scariest time was when I was getting ready for work--alone in the house. I worked part time in the mid afternoon to 5pm. I was upstairs getting dressed for work and heard a loud knock on the door. So, ran downstairs to answer the door and no one there. Checked the back door too-no one there. Back upstairs and again, 'knock! knock! knock!" so this went on awhile, as I ran up and down the steps a few times to answer the door to no one. Just then, I heard it again loudly--but it was actually coming from the inside of our basement door, which had NO exit but coming out into our dining room!!! :eek: Lucky for me, my coat, purse and keys were quite handy and I could grab them and run out the door quickly! Ghosts don't normally scare me--but I was not about to open that basement door to one!! :laugh:

btw, our basement was VERY CREEPY!!! It was wet, dark, and musty and filled with icky bugs. We referred to it as the "family crypt". :laugh:

VGimlet

I lived in a haunted neighborhood growing up. I've written about it elsewhere, but it truly had some bad energy. A lot of really awful stuff happened, but it was an interesting place to grow up too. My parents actually experienced things as well. I was never comfortable in that house alone, and always let our dogs in if my parents were gone for long stretches.

My most frightening experience personally was when I was babysitting the neighbor kids who lived across the street. We were in the family room watching TV in the basement, and I suddenly got chills. And I felt, really strongly, an angry presence. Now, keep in mind, I was 17 or 18. I didn't say anything to the kids, but while we were down there, the little one turned to me and said, "I'm cold." THe older one said, said "I'm scared!" and started crying. So, we turned off the TV, and went upstairs. They both freaked out while we were walking upstairs, with me reassuring them the noises we heard were the freezer or an animal outside, or something.

What those kids didn't know, and I did, was their aunt, as a teenager, committed suicide in that house when the oldest was a tiny baby by hanging herself from the railing of the stairs that led down to the basement. I KNOW their parents wouldn't have said anything, me either. I definitely felt a very angry presence.

However, for the most part my experiences with that kind of energy have been a lot more neutral, even in our house across the street. I have felt stuff in other places, but I find it more interesting than scary.

My most positive was when we went to Hawai'i and visited a heiau with a group of friends. We ALL felt a kind of energy, and it was very, very quiet, and even our friend who was kind of loud (and funny) felt it, and treated our visit with respect.

celticnoodle

VGimlet, I do recall your speaking of that town before here somewhere. Gives me chills to think that the area can be so fearful like that. I wonder if it is still feeling that way. Kind of sad, really.

laurence

I am convinved that there is a difference between ghosts and spirits.

Ghost are stuck between worlds for some reasons: they do not even realise they are dead because they were too down to earth as human or they commited suicide and consequently cannot get to the other world until their time is due. " the others" with Nicole Kidman.

Spirits are spirits! they are dead for us but their soul is alive and can get in contact with us. " the 6th sense" with bruce Willis.

Disa

Well, some people say that "Ghosts" are just imprints in a place where something occurred. The energy repeats on a loop. The "ghost" is not interactive, but just like a replaying of a movie over and over and over.

They say spirits are interactive.

I do think it's all just energy. I have felt the energy of many spirits, it often feels the same as it did when they were alive-a person whose energy I didn't like in life, I also didn't like in death.

I have felt the energy of those who died from Suicide, or other unexpected untimely deaths and some of them seem to linger for a while. It's kind of a heavy, confused feeling.

I have felt the energy of those who died and were glad of it, as in the timing was right, they were ready to go, they were relieved of their suffering. It's more of a light and happy feeling.

I have felt the energy of a spirit change. In life the person wasn't so happy, and their death was sudden. I felt their presence around as a little unsettled, confused. Years later, it felt as though they came back lighter, more settled, not confused, happy.

My sister and I have both had experiences with spirits from early ages. She could hear them and I could sense them. Our abilities have changed and grown over the years. Both of our daughters are reporting abilities. Several of my cousins have had experiences, too. I'm not sure if it's because our families are more open to it, or if the ability to perceive things runs in families?

CelestialHorse

As far as shadow people go, it truly depends on whom you speak with as to whether or not they believe these shadow people are good or evil. good and evil is in everything, and so, you should always be cautious, of course, and protect yourself. However, sometimes shadow people are spirits who do not possess the ability yet--or energy to actually materialize. It takes a lot of energy on their part to do just this. This also can explain why you may 'see' half a spirit or hear spirits faintly at times, rather then strongly so!

Every home I lived in had spirit activity. I believe all places, homes, etc. do and some more then others for various reasons. One home my hub and I rented in Vermont was filled with spirit activity! But, we did live across the street from a funeral home....

The scariest time was when I was getting ready for work--alone in the house. I worked part time in the mid afternoon to 5pm. I was upstairs getting dressed for work and heard a loud knock on the door. So, ran downstairs to answer the door and no one there. Checked the back door too-no one there. Back upstairs and again, 'knock! knock! knock!" so this went on awhile, as I ran up and down the steps a few times to answer the door to no one. Just then, I heard it again loudly--but it was actually coming from the inside of our basement door, which had NO exit but coming out into our dining room!!! :eek: Lucky for me, my coat, purse and keys were quite handy and I could grab them and run out the door quickly! Ghosts don't normally scare me--but I was not about to open that basement door to one!! :laugh:

btw, our basement was VERY CREEPY!!! It was wet, dark, and musty and filled with icky bugs. We referred to it as the "family crypt". :laugh:

Eek that would spook me! Yeah I don't like basements either especially if they look dark. I remember not liking my grandma's old basement. It's just ugh creepy lol. I felt pretty spooked by it after my grandpa died and after the furneral. I wanted to watch TV and the TV was acting odd, so I felt spooked then I went upstairs to get dinner, then I went back to the top step and something SCREAMED in me not to go down there like I got a very bad feeling :/ So I just stayed with my family upstairs. I really believe something followed us from the cemetery :/ I still believe it. I felt creeped out all night until I woke up the next day. I felt like I wanted to leave the house, it was like something menacing was watching me but invisible. I don't think anyone else felt it maybe they're not "sensitive" like I am? I guess ghosts will try to talk to those that may sense them better than others.

I lived in a haunted neighborhood growing up. I've written about it elsewhere, but it truly had some bad energy. A lot of really awful stuff happened, but it was an interesting place to grow up too. My parents actually experienced things as well. I was never comfortable in that house alone, and always let our dogs in if my parents were gone for long stretches.

My most frightening experience personally was when I was babysitting the neighbor kids who lived across the street. We were in the family room watching TV in the basement, and I suddenly got chills. And I felt, really strongly, an angry presence. Now, keep in mind, I was 17 or 18. I didn't say anything to the kids, but while we were down there, the little one turned to me and said, "I'm cold." THe older one said, said "I'm scared!" and started crying. So, we turned off the TV, and went upstairs. They both freaked out while we were walking upstairs, with me reassuring them the noises we heard were the freezer or an animal outside, or something.

What those kids didn't know, and I did, was their aunt, as a teenager, committed suicide in that house when the oldest was a tiny baby by hanging herself from the railing of the stairs that led down to the basement. I KNOW their parents wouldn't have said anything, me either. I definitely felt a very angry presence.

However, for the most part my experiences with that kind of energy have been a lot more neutral, even in our house across the street. I have felt stuff in other places, but I find it more interesting than scary.

My most positive was when we went to Hawai'i and visited a heiau with a group of friends. We ALL felt a kind of energy, and it was very, very quiet, and even our friend who was kind of loud (and funny) felt it, and treated our visit with respect.

Eek that scary :( Sad that someone committed suicide. I would think there would be lots of bad energies there. I wonder why ghosts seem attracted to attics and basements?

I am convinved that there is a difference between ghosts and spirits.

Ghost are stuck between worlds for some reasons: they do not even realise they are dead because they were too down to earth as human or they commited suicide and consequently cannot get to the other world until their time is due. " the others" with Nicole Kidman.

Spirits are spirits! they are dead for us but their soul is alive and can get in contact with us. " the 6th sense" with bruce Willis.
Yeah I always hear some people say they're totally different things :) I would say maybe spirit is more like an angel or spirit guide maybe? So I agree with ya.