ghosts, spirits and such

veritas

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to "chat" or ask about this so feel free to advise me if there is a better place.......

I have a question about "spirits" "ghosts" in general. I'm not really sure where I stand on the subject entirely but I've had A LOT of weird things that have happened to me over the years. I thought I was a little nuts and have always been a little reluctant to tell people because as a child it was chalked up to "imagination" etc. The things is....my sister has also had experiences over the years which we have just recently shared with each other. They weren't the same as mine but I am just curious if some people are more susceptible. If you have an information source that you could guide me to I would be so appreciative.
~veritas

CelestialHorse

I don't think it's our minds messing with us, well sometimes it can but I definitely believe in ghosts. I have experienced several things myself. I really do believe I worked at a movie theater that had ghosts or SOMETHING. Plus I used the infamous ouija board and weird things happened. (Use it at your own risk, though I'm so curious I wouldn't mind using it again but I rather use it with someone that knows how to protect us, I know they're bad, I was 15 and didn't know any better). I do believe in life after death. I love watching paranormal shows, love looking up hauntings, Shadowlands is a great place to look up hauntings, youtube is a cool place though I am skeptical of some things. Like when people talks of orbs, it is like nails on a chalkboard for me lol, orbs can be dust or bugs so I don't count them as a validation for a ghost.

GotH

Fun Fun Topic!

Heck yeah I believe there are many people who have experienced something. I just posted about my trickster ghost in my Creeepy thread. Maybe I'll copy and paste it hear to contribute. :)

When I was younger, I was afraid of these things. Now I just feel that they are real pieces of energy that float around for different reasons. Some good, some bad. Always interesting.

Looking back, I kinda miss my trickster ghost....

veritas

I don't think it's our minds messing with us, well sometimes it can but I definitely believe in ghosts. I have experienced several things myself. I really do believe I worked at a movie theater that had ghosts or SOMETHING. Plus I used the infamous ouija board and weird things happened. (Use it at your own risk, though I'm so curious I wouldn't mind using it again but I rather use it with someone that knows how to protect us, I know they're bad, I was 15 and didn't know any better). I do believe in life after death. I love watching paranormal shows, love looking up hauntings, Shadowlands is a great place to look up hauntings, youtube is a cool place though I am skeptical of some things. Like when people talks of orbs, it is like nails on a chalkboard for me lol, orbs can be dust or bugs so I don't count them as a validation for a ghost.

THe school that I went to was definitely haunted. There is a famous little girl ghost who lived in the attic and people would see her looking out of the window in her sailor dress from time to time. I never saw her but had friends who did. Once when I was an alum we took the ouija board up to the attic to play around with some of the students.....it was very active and weird. What I found very interesting was that it REFUSED to "play" with 2 of my friends. They said that it was pretty universal as far as the boards go....it would "shut down" as soon as they touched it or would go crazy and say "no".

As far as good bad nice or not I am on the fence. When I was a child I had to stay with family friends ( they lived in a house that was at least 100 years old) while my father was in the hospital. EVERY time I stayed there I would wake up in the middle of the night to hear a loud mean laugh above me. I would BEG my friend to stay awake but the minute he fell asleep the laugh would start. I know there was more to it than a laugh but Its very hard to remember clearly. I STILL have a hard time driving past that house and I am terrified to look in the window of the second floor. I get a chill to this day and I'm not exactly young.

Other times I know the spirit like my father and my grandmother. My sister has had the same comfort feeling of our dad and it's always been in random places. Like one time she was driving in the car and she said she was like "oh, hi dad. I know it's you" Now that may not seem strange to anyone on the forum but for MY SISTER to know that and talk about it is crazy enough in itself. We are from the bible belt so you just don't talk or admit to anything like that;-) I was in New Orleans once and was shopping and went into an old shop and froze because I know my grandmother was in there with me. I almost start crying because I missed her so much and I didn't want to leave the store. Then after a few minutes I got a warm feeling and everything was ok and I was happy and just joyful. It was so strange but yet not strange.

ravenest

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to "chat" or ask about this so feel free to advise me if there is a better place.......

I have a question about "spirits" "ghosts" in general. I'm not really sure where I stand on the subject entirely but I've had A LOT of weird things that have happened to me over the years. I thought I was a little nuts and have always been a little reluctant to tell people because as a child it was chalked up to "imagination" etc. The things is....my sister has also had experiences over the years which we have just recently shared with each other. They weren't the same as mine but I am just curious if some people are more susceptible. If you have an information source that you could guide me to I would be so appreciative.
~veritas

You need a field guide ....

http://www.harpur.org/PJCHdaimonicreality.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Daimonic-Reality-Field-Guide-Otherworld/dp/0937663093

celticnoodle

Veritas, you are not nuts. trust me. spirits are everywhere and especially our loved ones in spirits are around us. they watch over us and do what they can to protect us.

I would recommend getting some books at the library or bookstore to read that have true stories in them by psychic-mediums, and seeing their experiences with spirits. There are many out there, but if you wish for a list, I can provide some for you that are good to read.

It sounds like you and your sister have "the gift" and its nothing to be afraid of or to discount. I grew up in a very "spirited" family. My mother and her family members were all psychic mediums, so seeing spirits everywhere was our norm as kids. :laugh: I don't think I've ever lived in a home w/o spirit activity--so I am one to believe they are everywhere. However, I am also a psychic medium, so perhaps I am just drawing them in--which has been suggested to me by friends. I don't know about that. I feel they are all around us and we can bring them to us as well, (our deceased family and friends anyway).

If you feel comfortable enough to try and develop your abilities more, I can also recommend some exercises and books to do so. But in the meantime, do find some books to read on the subject. I keep thinking George Anderson, as he has many books on the subject that are good. But there are tons of others too!

It would be very interesting to hear of some of your experiences, if you wish to share them with us. But, I think those may have to go in the spirituality thread, instead of chat, just for your information.

eta: this is a great online source to many books on this subject and they are tops to work with! Go to their site and check it out. They have TONS of books and other divination related items there, at a great price. They are very prompt on mailing the goodies as well.

http://www.discountnewagebooks.com/

CelestialHorse

Going to check out link now! Thanks for the link. I do feel my mom's parents do visit me in dreams and deceased pets. After my grandma died i felt her in the room. I felt nice and safe. After my grandpa died he came into my dreams saying hes happy where he is. As for spirit guides i wish i can hear themmore. All i hear is my name being called.

Mellaenn

Moderator Note

Hello, all...

It would be very interesting to hear of some of your experiences, if you wish to share them with us. But, I think those may have to go in the spirituality thread, instead of chat, just for your information.

This is a good point. I'm just going to give everyone a heads-up that we're going to move this thread over to Spirituality where it is a little better fit.

veritas

Thank you celticnoodle and revenest for the links! I'm going to see what I can find out;-)

CelestialHorse

I would love to hear everyone's paranormal experiences too :) My first was the ouija board back when I was 15 in 1999.

My one friend cam earlier so we decided to use the board. We asked it questions like who would be the most scared and it was RIGHT on the money. It said my friend I was with wouldn't be scared, my other friend Leah and I would be in between. My friend Crystyl would be the most scared (She ended up crying so scared). Leah and I were just like what the heck?!. (Something invisible kept touching me and Leah when we all went to bed). Nothing else that I can remember that is creepy happened then. Mostly after they were gone and I was alone in sleeping my room again :/ Though my friend Leah and I tried to summon bloody mary in the bathroom, we chickened out before we started (We did manage to go in the bathroom, door closed and lights off).

After that from what I can remember I would get nightmares every night, feel very scared to sleep in my room for no reason, like someone was in there, I heard knocking on my bedroom wall next to me and no one else was up :/

Plus I saw a scary gray little shape when I woke up and my stuffed animals would move in my arms.

I don't know of this was a dream or not, but a TV in my room turned on by itself too which was creepy.

Then a few months later after the birthday party I threw it out and it all stopped. I think.