Advice on scrying with water?

witch

I have some moonwater that I want to learn how to scry with.. but besides putting the water in a dish and concentrating, I have no idea what to do! Is it really that simple? Or is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to conjure up images no matter how hard I focus.

celticnoodle

I have some moonwater that I want to learn how to scry with.. but besides putting the water in a dish and concentrating, I have no idea what to do! Is it really that simple? Or is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to conjure up images no matter how hard I focus.

How did this thread go unnoticed for so long?! Oh, witch, I hope I can help, but perhaps it would also be wise for you to search here on A.T. for a few threads on crystal gazing--crystal ball gazing, etc. as it is much the same, really.

we have/had a thread going about crystal ball gazing, that Goddessofthehunter started about a month ago or so here also in the Divination section. She began this thread when she received a beautiful crystal ball as a gift and then towards the end of the thread, many of us pulled out our crystal balls to do some gazing. In this thread, you'll find many tips for doing this, and I even mention that one can scry with a bowl of water.

I've never heard of moonwater before. Sounds very mysterious! So, I googled it. I don't believe I ever heard of this before--so will have to try it sometime! :thumbsup:

As for scrying-

1. pour some of the water into a bowl of your choice. just be sure the inside of the bowl does not have decor in it--it should really be a plain color all around. Or better yet--a glass bowl/crystal bowl.

*some people also add icecubes - which is optional.

2. sit down in a comfortable position where it is also quiet around you.

3. set your intentions to 'scry' into the bowl, perhaps saying that you wish to see something in particular, ex: Show me what will occur tomorrow to me.

4. Some people will also mention you should ground and protect yourself first. This is up to what YOU believe though.

5. Just peer into the bowl of water, and do not worry about blinking or scratching your nose or face, etc. You don't need to become completely still.

6. any thoughts that come into your mind about what needs to be done in the house and other mindless 'mind chatter' may begin--just acknowledge it and push it through--don't dwell upon it and don't give up because of it.

7. Generally, people begin by seeing a cloudy formation in the bowl of water/mirror/crystal ball.

8. Start by doing your scrying for only 10 minutes or so, as any longer when you first are beginning could cause you a headache.

9. if at any time you begin to get a headache, stop immediately and put the scrying off for another day or two. Give yourself time to rest as this type of scrying can cause great head aches.

10. I'd LOVE to hear how it works for you--so please do post again of anything that happens.

also, some people will see the bowl turn colors--pay attention to this as well--what colors it is becoming. anything that is different - perhaps images will appear - which can also symbolize information. A dream dictionary will help to define this. At times you'll see a 'mini-movie' type of thing--and it can be very vivid. Write it all down if you need to - so you can remember it later.

Most of all, let it be something you enjoy doing! If you don't like it--don't force yourself to do it. It should always be something enjoyed, never a chore.

Good Luck!