Energy Theft

GotH

Can anyone tell me why I may have come out of a new age store with a headache and feelings like I just ran a marathon? Is it possible that I got spiritually or psychically attacked while shopping? I did talk to some very nice people while in there about crystals and scrying but I don't think it was them that drained me. I certainly didn't feel like this the last time I was in there. Oh boy.. I guess I'll definitely need to shield myself the next time I go back..

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Apollonia

Can anyone tell me why I may have come out of a new age store with a headache and feelings like I just ran a marathon? Is it possible that I got spiritually or psychically attacked while shopping? I did talk to some very nice people while in there about crystals and scrying but I don't think it was them that drained me. I certainly didn't feel like this the last time I was in there. Oh boy.. I guess I'll definitely need to shield myself the next time I go back..

All kinds of people hung out in the metaphysical shop where I used to work, and a number of them were into high magick or on a left-handed path, or otherwise seriously into developing their abilities to govern and control others, and drain energy from them. So I wouldn't find it at all surprising if someone, even though they seemed nice, was trying out their powers on you. I agree with your idea of shielding the next time you go there.

GotH

All kinds of people hung out in the metaphysical shop where I used to work, and a number of them were into high magick or on a left-handed path, or otherwise seriously into developing their abilities to govern and control others, and drain energy from them. So I wouldn't find it at all surprising if someone, even though they seemed nice, was trying out their powers on you. I agree with your idea of shielding the next time you go there.

Yes, there must be a number of energies present there whether in flesh or spirit. I don't know how those readers who work there don't drop by the end of their shift. But then again.. I'm sure they ground and protect themselves before any work they do.

celticnoodle

Oh yes! This is very common, especially to people who are sensitive. Remember, most new age shops have many various crystals in them--their energies swirling all around and then, add to that the mix of various people coming and going and the other items in there with energy....it can at times be very draining.

When I read in a new age shop, there would be times that I'd leave work (I worked an average of 5 - 6 hours only) and be really wiped out. I always made sure I had water to drink, food to eat in between my readings, but still I could leave there either incredibly happy and filled with excess energy or be as you mentioned, feeling like I was filled with lead and dragging myself home again. Of course, I'm also an empath, and so I tend to soak up the energies of others too.

I sometimes get this way even at a regular store--the grocery store is a really bad place for me--I always leave there and feel like I need a nap and I get headaches easily from the grocery store. Doesn't matter if I'm in there 15 minutes or an hour. I am also drained when I go to the clinic for my allergy shot each week. I do my best to find the quietest corner in the clinic, often far away from everyone else, so I am not drained afterwards. Once I get my shot and can leave- I hurry home, and find I need to make myself a snack again (though I usually have JUST finished eating breakfast before the appointment), and sit and relax for awhile--often w/o any television or music on. I need the solitude and quiet.

Any store/area with much activity or a lot of people around - can be draining. So, definitely take caution to ground yourself now--especially going into a store with crystals and such.

I would recommend you grounding and protecting yourself before going into any crowded store/area.

Even at times just being around one person can do this to me. The ones I refer to as the psychic vampires.

GotH

@celticnoodle

Ahh yes.. I had a neighbor friend once back in the old neighborhood who would drain the heck out of me when she came over for coffee. I don't think she was doing this on purpose but boy when she left, she seemed happier and I seemed pissed. :mad:
Now that I'm older I'm beginning to realize just who these people are. It's truly amazing how many different energies are out there.

ravenest

Oh sure; at Centrelink, the police station, the supermarket, the city .... the internet ....

gregory

Sorry to be so very unspiritual - but it could be as simple as an allergy. I went into a store I'd not been in for a while and promptly got a migraine; I asked the owner - as I know her - for water to take my pill with - and she said she was using a new incense and I was the second person to get a headache, so maybe she would give it away !

A lot of things we see as signs do often have very simple explanations...

AJ

I second the overwhelming scent of those kinds of shops as the root culprit
I also run past the perfume counters...

Like cigarette smokers, they are around it all the time and don't even notice how heavy the pong.

GotH

Oh sure; at Centrelink, the police station, the supermarket, the city .... the internet ....
Oh no! I guess one needs to put on a different "coat" when they step out into the world. No wonder some of us become Hermits. I get it now.

Sorry to be so very unspiritual - but it could be as simple as an allergy. I went into a store I'd not been in for a while and promptly got a migraine; I asked the owner - as I know her - for water to take my pill with - and she said she was using a new incense and I was the second person to get a headache, so maybe she would give it away !

A lot of things we see as signs do often have very simple explanations...
No need to be sorry. This is good to know that there could be other explanations for this. Interestingly last night before bed my body started up with aches like one would feel if you were coming down with the flu. I thought oh no this isn't good! So I asked for Michael (Arch Angel's) help in getting whatever it was that attached off and away. Then I did this visualization where I wrapped myself in color and within minutes of doing all this the "flu aches" went away.

I second the overwhelming scent of those kinds of shops as the root culprit
I also run past the perfume counters...

Like cigarette smokers, they are around it all the time and don't even notice how heavy the pong.
I get the overwhelming scents giving me a headache but body aches? :confused:

Thanks guys..

Briar Rose

Some books I find helpful are, The Hands of Light, and Light Emerging. Also, Judy Hall's Crystals for Psychic Self Protection. I highly reccommend learning how to stand and hold your hands if you are an empath. Lots of things can cause energy drain. There is no one answer. But combined, it's valuable.