Cold Case: Missing Female Teen Illinois 1996.

EmpressArwen

This really made me think of "Peter the Pumpkin Eater" and "Jack Lantern". But it does not seem scary at all.

Could even be like a "mask" I reckon.

So, how does this connect to Rachel Mellon.

All I can think of is that maybe she was into the "holidays" and maybe Halloween might have had some impact on her whether positive or not so positive.

Also, with Halloween being in the month of October, the month itself may have meant something to her whether a birthday, special occasion, an event, anniversary etc.

Now it is "mask" like too, so I would say some things were hidden about her life. For example, maybe on the outside she smiled, but on the inside something else was going on.

That kind of thing.

She may have been finding herself as well as 13 can be a really awkward age for some.

I closed my eyes and focused on the mask...I'm getting a feeling that this is important in two ways...one a literal mask but a stronger feeling of metaphorical mask...like someone close to her wasn't what they seemed to be....very dark feeling...there is a sexual element here...someone she trusted didn't end up being who she thought he was.

EmpressArwen

Ok..one last thing and then I'm going to bow out as it is hard for me to keep seperate and the feeling I'm getting are so sad and awful...

This day...the day she disappeared was cold...she was home but wasn't supposed to be?? It was fairly early in the morning when this happened...daylight...but morning...it's like this had been building, this was not an isolated event...someone lies...not telling the truth...she fought, clawed at him. Dark hair in the eyes, being pulled by hair. Head injury. Cant breathe. Darkness...blacked out? Floating.

:(

DownUnderNZer

Would be so cool to have a little researcher on hand to find or disprove what is brought up here so that way there is no added info or biases when doing this even as an exercise.

All I remember from that one link is mostly what her step dad said and a missing blanket and pillows.

May start looking for your answers when home tonight.

Ok..one last thing and then I'm going to bow out as it is hard for me to keep seperate and the feeling I'm getting are so sad and awful...

This day...the day she disappeared was cold...she was home but wasn't supposed to be?? It was fairly early in the morning when this happened...daylight...but morning...it's like this had been building, this was not an isolated event...someone lies...not telling the truth...she fought, clawed at him. Dark hair in the eyes, being pulled by hair. Head injury. Cant breathe. Darkness...blacked out? Floating.

:(

Flames

Yes, Rachel did have a diary. The police read it after her disappearance. In it, she had written an entry about her stepfather months before, how he had kissed her and touched her, inappropriately. And yes, he had scratches on his body which he explained had to do with fixing his car...

DownUnderNZer

Triangle & Duck/Bird.

Looked up possible meanings for TRIANGLE & DUCK.

Pointed upwards - Can represent "masculine".
Can serve as a "warning or caution".

DUCK:

Looks a bit like a sitting duck yet one that almost looks like it is about to fly only not quite air born.

Possible meanings - 1) Setting oneself up or being set up for the kill as associated by the phrase "sitting duck". Are you being targeted? 2) Serves as a connection between the spiritual realm and the physical world.

A white duck can signify falsehood and deceit.

White paper so no choice for any other "duck color" although I'm not sure if I would have thought of a colored duck off the bat anyhow.

SUMMARY: Rachel may very well have been targeted and not in a good way and I wonder if the Spiritual and Physical realm is in reference to her transition between both perhaps.

Also, falsehood and deceit doesn't make me think of her being that way really, but that she may have been under it in some way.

Bird (Duck not in flight)/ Triangle.

EmpressArwen

Yes, Rachel did have a diary. The police read it after her disappearance. In it, she had written an entry about her stepfather months before, how he had kissed her and touched her, inappropriately. And yes, he had scratches on his body which he explained had to do with fixing his car...

Did he go to jail for this?

DownUnderNZer

Still a cold case.

I think they did look at him first etc, but he has never been prosecuted for her disappearance.

Still no body and it is 18 years since she went missing.

Did he go to jail for this?

DownUnderNZer

SEVEN came up in my dreams as "time" twice and in the blank paper ball once.

It was pointed out to me in PM that she was a "Seventh Grader", but I don't think that is what the "7" means, but it did make me stop to think about it. Still a "7", but I think the time is relevant even if it is just pointing out that whatever happened to her - happened earlier than what was stated.

Also, I just looked it up connected to her name, and I found a link without having to open it up and on the 7th of AUGUST, 1995, was when she first wrote about her step father touching her.

The link might be showing a different date for something else, but until I go back to it when done that is all I have got for "7" other than "time".

If anyone else wants to add anything by all means do. :)

EmpressArwen

So she had written about her step father touching her? Terrible. I think was him. I think she had a head injury and was then suffocated...I don't think choked, I think smothered with something...was there a body of water near?

Flames

So she had written about her step father touching her? Terrible. I think was him. I think she had a head injury and was then suffocated...I don't think choked, I think smothered with something...was there a body of water near?

So interesting about the water...I sent DownUnderNZer a reading by PM, before the thread got split, and one of the cards showed water...lots of water...maybe I should post the reading in Your Readings. It's too uncanny.