How long does it take you to complete an online professional reading?

Reverie

I have recently begun doing paid online readings on my Etsy shop.

If I am doing a 3-card reading with clairvoyance through images and words, it can take me from 30 minutes up to 2 hours to do a reading... !!!

Which is why I think I will be hiking up the price of my 3-card reading deal soon.

You may ask why it takes me so long:

1) I meditate on the question and receive the imagery

2) I pick the cards

3) I receive more imagery (sometimes, not always)

4) I look at the cards and interpret them, I also interpret the clairvoyant imagery

5) I write up to a page on my interpretation

So, I could possibly shorten the process, which is why I am considering now splitting the service between 3-card reading with no clairvoyance, and then 3-card reading with clairvoyance. If I am only looking at cards, I imagine I can get it done in a shorter time frame.

What's your experience?

seedcake

You make really deep three cards readings, amazing. Because it consumes so much time, it wouldn't be a problem to give higher price. It's understandable and I believe your clients will understand that too.

From my experience - I don't do three cards readings, but five (three are top row, two advice cards under). It takes me 15 minutes, plus 5 or 10, depends on what question and so on.

Nineveh

The messages usually cone to me at the speed of lightning. I've never spent more tgan to 7 minutes on athre card reading. Readings vary based on personality of both the reader and querent as well as complexity of the question.

Reverie

You make really deep three cards readings, amazing. Because it consumes so much time, it wouldn't be a problem to give higher price. It's understandable and I believe your clients will understand that too.

From my experience - I don't do three cards readings, but five (three are top row, two advice cards under). It takes me 15 minutes, plus 5 or 10, depends on what question and so on.

Hi seedcake, thank you, yes, I absolutely go deep in my readings! I think that's why it takes so long, I value quality.

If I had to limit myself I could finish them in half an hour, but that wouldn't allow me to dig deeper.

Advice cards is a good idea, I may throw that in myself! :)

Reverie

The messages usually cone to me at the speed of lightening. I've never spent more tgan to 7 minutes on athre card reading. Readings vary based on personality of both the reader and querent as well as complexity of the question.

That's certainly a quick read! Thank you for sharing!

Simple

Doing a reading 3 card can take me 15 minutes but writing up professionally takes longer so the total process probably takes me more than 30 minutes

Reverie

Doing a reading 3 card can take me 15 minutes but writing up professionally takes longer so the total process probably takes me more than 30 minutes

Hi! Thank you! This makes sense. Yes the writing portion takes a while too :)

Nineveh

Hi seedcake, thank you, yes, I absolutely go deep in my readings! I think that's why it takes so long, I value quality.

If I had to limit myself I could finish them in half an hour, but that wouldn't allow me to dig deeper.

Advice cards is a good idea, I may throw that in myself! :)

Forgive me if this may seem offensive but this is just my experience: I don't believe the quality of a reading is determined by length. Readers have given me lengthy readings and none of the information was useful. A one or two sentence reading that really resonates is more valuable than a three paragraph reading full of card interpretations or a three paragraph reading that simply does not resonate/not very useful.

headincloud

Hi cutie I don't have an online business but think an accurate reading is more important than a time frame when building a client base and the more effort we put into researching and meditating the more our knowledge and psychic ability will improve which will enable us to eventually nail an accurate reading within a reasonable time. Stress and tarot reading aren't complimentary IMHO, good luck with it

Reverie

Forgive me if this may seem offensive but this is just my experience: I don't believe the quality of a reading is determined by length. Readers have given me lengthy readings and none of the information was useful. A one or two sentence reading that really resonates is more valuable than a three paragraph reading full of card interpretations or a three paragraph reading that simply does not resonate/not very useful.

That's unfortunate you had such an experience.
There's nothing wrong with either method as long as it's a good reading. I like to elaborate on what I see, that's all, and people seem to like it :) It's my style, so far, at least.