How long does it take you to complete an online professional reading?

Reverie

Hi cutie I don't have an online business but think an accurate reading is more important than a time frame when building a client base and the more effort we put into researching and meditating the more our knowledge and psychic ability will improve which will enable us to eventually nail an accurate reading within a reasonable time. Stress and tarot reading aren't complimentary IMHO, good luck with it

I agree with you! Never read while stressed! I also agree it's important to take your time meditating. That's the best way to open my third eye, in my experience. It's not like people walk around getting psychic information 24/7, I mean, people have lives outside of it :)
Good luck to you too :)

Abbas A Shah

If its a professional card reading (any deck) I just allow my intuition to let me guide, how long I should be sticking with one card. I don't plan out how long I'll be spending on one card.

Over all, I set a time between 30-60 minutes.

If you wont set a timer to stop you, you could go on for hours and hours if your really attuned with your ability.

SunChariot

I have recently begun doing paid online readings on my Etsy shop.

If I am doing a 3-card reading with clairvoyance through images and words, it can take me from 30 minutes up to 2 hours to do a reading... !!!

Which is why I think I will be hiking up the price of my 3-card reading deal soon.

You may ask why it takes me so long:

1) I meditate on the question and receive the imagery

2) I pick the cards

3) I receive more imagery (sometimes, not always)

4) I look at the cards and interpret them, I also interpret the clairvoyant imagery

5) I write up to a page on my interpretation

So, I could possibly shorten the process, which is why I am considering now splitting the service between 3-card reading with no clairvoyance, and then 3-card reading with clairvoyance. If I am only looking at cards, I imagine I can get it done in a shorter time frame.

What's your experience?

How long it takes depends on the reader. Some readers are more abrupt and give shorter readings with just the facts and some tend towards much longer readings and everything in between.

From all the online readings I have had done for me over time, there is a great variety or lengths and amount of detail that comes from the card. It really varies a lot from reader to reader.

Also factored in if you do an online reading is the question of if you include photos of the cards with it. That takes longer. It means you have to take the photos, process and re-size them, and then add them in in the appropriate places in the e-mail. That adds in quite a bit more time.

As for myself, no I am not about to ask you what takes you so long. LOL I take at least as much time myself. On average about 1 hour per card, all factored in. A 3 card reading = about 3 hours.

I don't know how much you charge now but it should feel worth it to you to make the amount you are making for the amount of work going in.

Maybe what you have to think about is the quality of what you are offering. If you shortened the process, eg took out the clairvoyant work, I would imagine the readings would not be of as high a quality. The question is, can you live with that? Would YOU be happy offering that standard of reading, knowing you could do better?

Possibly you could offer 2 kinds of readings and just let the querents decide. A basic reading, no clairvoyance at X price and a more in depth reading including clairvoyance and a higher price. You could advertise both and let the querent choose. That is what I think I would do in this situation.

Hope some of this helps. :grin:

Babs

Reverie

How long it takes depends on the reader. Some readers are more abrupt and give shorter readings with just the facts and some tend towards much longer readings and everything in between.

From all the online readings I have had done for me over time, there is a great variety or lengths and amount of detail that comes from the card. It really varies a lot from reader to reader.

Also factored in if you do an online reading is the question of if you include photos of the cards with it. That takes longer. It means you have to take the photos, process and re-size them, and then add them in in the appropriate places in the e-mail. That adds in quite a bit more time.

As for myself, no I am not about to ask you what takes you so long. LOL I take at least as much time myself. On average about 1 hour per card, all factored in. A 3 card reading = about 3 hours.

I don't know how much you charge now but it should feel worth it to you to make the amount you are making for the amount of work going in.

Maybe what you have to think about is the quality of what you are offering. If you shortened the process, eg took out the clairvoyant work, I would imagine the readings would not be of as high a quality. The question is, can you live with that? Would YOU be happy offering that standard of reading, knowing you could do better?

Possibly you could offer 2 kinds of readings and just let the querents decide. A basic reading, no clairvoyance at X price and a more in depth reading including clairvoyance and a higher price. You could advertise both and let the querent choose. That is what I think I would do in this situation.

Hope some of this helps. :grin:

Babs

Hi Babs,

Thank you for your kind reply, it's reassuring there is someone who takes as long or longer than myself !

You know what? What you suggested is exactly what I did! I now offer the 3 card interpretation only and then a separate service that includes clairvoyance. I think it's better that way. If I'm not meditating and receiving words and images, it does shorten the time a bit. And yes, I do include a picture.

The healing and help I am able to offer clients is very rewarding in and of itself though, absolutely.

:love:

SunChariot

Hi Babs,

Thank you for your kind reply, it's reassuring there is someone who takes as long or longer than myself !

You know what? What you suggested is exactly what I did! I now offer the 3 card interpretation only and then a separate service that includes clairvoyance. I think it's better that way. If I'm not meditating and receiving words and images, it does shorten the time a bit. And yes, I do include a picture.

The healing and help I am able to offer clients is very rewarding in and of itself though, absolutely.

:love:

You are very welcome. :heart:

Along the same vein. I once bought a reading that I will treasure forever. It was a sight that did angel readings. The woman doing it offered regular angel readings and for an additional fee she would draw.sketch the images of your angels for you as they came to her. And even mail the original copies to you. The site no longer seems to offer that. But I got of of those readings and I have the image of one of my angels and one of my spirit guides framed in my bedroom. Hanging on the wall right next to me atm.

Something like that is a priceless gift. You can give someone a lot with clairvoyance.

As an aside. I also once had someone here sketch my spirit guide. Neither knew about the other reader but BOTH times he came up as Native American. And I got to learn more about him from them.

What I find interesting...is that when I get a client, honestly, they almost always are going through something that I am also going through at the time. And I end up healing us both. LOL The universe seems to work that way. It does send the people to us who we can help and it also sends US what we need.

But yes, being able to help someone is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Babs

nisaba

Oh look. Sometimes it can be over in half an hour, more often a couple of hours at least. Typing it up takes a while - I like to discuss things fully, and while I'm a fast typist I'm a terribly inaccurate one, meaning there are lots and lots of typos to correct. Then scanning the cards (not always easy now my scanner has died!) and attaching them takes time.

Really, you're never going to get-rich-quick doing email readings - the hourly rate collapses. They're more a service to the client and the benefit to you is more in your professional reputation than in your pocket.