need suggestions for what to put in my new locket/compartment ring

Amsonia

I got a new sterling silver and moonstone locket ring (which I've wanted for a long time...so happy!)

But now that I have it, I don't know what to put inside it...ha!

The compartment is about the size of a pea.

What would YOU put in a locket ring?

Disa

I would put some sage and a tiny stone. Whichever stone I felt I needed that day.

celticnoodle

Not sure if you can fit a small pic of your hubby in it or not, but if you can, that would be nice.

Though I do like the idea of some herb or a small stone in there as well. Perhaps even some small quartz crystals, so it can continuously keep your moonstone energized and magnify its properties for you as well?

Amsonia

One problem I realized, is that it may not be 100% waterproof...didn't think about that before...it fits closed fairly tight, but there isn't a rubber seal or anything...so when I wash my hands, that could be an issue, especially with a picture.

I had thought about putting seeds in it...like for flowers or butterfly weed, and randomly dropping them out when I'm around town.

My husband told me to put a few hairs from my guinea pigs in there...I laughed and said...how about a guinea pig poop, it is the PERFECT size...then he laughed.

I thought about putting an aspirin in there, but again, the waterproof issue might be a problem.

I think some small stones is probably the answer...or I think I saw on Etsy where someone was selling solid wax perfume...I could probably put a mixture of beeswax and an essential oil in it to make my own solid perfume....in case I'm ever in desperate need of the smell of lavender...ha!

celticnoodle

I nearly mentioned a few locks of your hubs hair (since he gifted it to you), but the guinea pig hairs too would work! :D Seeds are also a good idea. :)

The solid wax perfume or your own mix of beeswax and fragrant oil may be just the thing too! Lavender flowers would work well I think in there---good idea! Or a few rosemary leaves (something fragrant like that). Though, I think the stones are a great idea. I'd pick something that would work well with the moonstone too--so see what crystals would compliment that. Your ring sounds really nice. You'll have to share a pic of it.

Amsonia

My hubby bought it off my wish list on Etsy, they are made to order, and I think she makes them with different types of stones, moonstone, amethyst, etc...shipping took a little long because she ships from Bali (that's why I didn't get it until New Years, even though it was a Christmas present), but the ring looks like a decent quality in the sterling silver (so far), and the closing mechanism and such is pretty precise (I was worried about that) and it definitely doesn't look like junky quality (you never know when you order online)...I think the actual stone in mine could have been chosen a little better, in terms of it's quality because it has some haze and isn't very uniform or clear, but then again, this ring is less than $50 so you can't expect a masterpiece crown jewel...I do think it is pretty cool and I'm totally happy with it, and I'm kind of a nit picker...

You can click on the link to go to the etsy listing and see a picture of it...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/172454634/moonstone-locket-ring-secret-compartment?ref=favs_view_1

celticnoodle

oh, that is GORGEOUS! I am sure you will enjoy wearing it. :)

BodhiSeed

That is gorgeous! I was thinking of something clunky, but that is very lovely! :)
Perhaps you could write a word on a small piece of paper that had meaning - the name of a person in distress who needs good thoughts or something you're trying to work one or incorporate in your life.

Amsonia

That is gorgeous! I was thinking of something clunky, but that is very lovely! :)
Perhaps you could write a word on a small piece of paper that had meaning - the name of a person in distress who needs good thoughts or something you're trying to work one or incorporate in your life.

That's a good idea, like a prayer...or thought...I have to write it very very small!

Ace

Take it off when you wash your hands! But I think if I had a ring I had to take off, I would put it in my lips--not my mouth but hold it in my lips. I have lost MORE rings by putting them down.....

barb