Seashell Runes

GotH

Okay!!!

I got my metallic pen (going with gold) and Sparkling ModPodge. There was like 5000 ModPodges to choose from. I'll be ready to start my project really soon. :cool2:

anie

Okay!!!

I got my metallic pen (going with gold) and Sparkling ModPodge. There was like 5000 ModPodges to choose from. I'll be ready to start my project really soon. :cool2:

Good luck! sounds like fun! When I go to beach in april i'm going to keep my eyes open for shells or stones and try my hand at runes... I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Lots of people with great ideas here...

Padma

Okay!!!

ooo, cool! Didn't know they had sparkling Mod! I am glad to have been able to help you in some way, GotH!

GotH

Good luck! sounds like fun! When I go to beach in april i'm going to keep my eyes open for shells or stones and try my hand at runes... I can't wait to hear how this turns out. Lots of people with great ideas here...
Now there's something to look forward to anie. Celticnoodle and I will be the trial runners. By the time we are done, we'll know what or what doesn't work. :)

ooo, cool! Didn't know they had sparkling Mod! I am glad to have been able to help you in some way, GotH!

Thanks P.. It must be the way to go because I had no trouble at all finding the things I needed in the store. I just hope I can draw the symbols out nicely enough on the slanted surface on the inside of the shell. :bugeyed: Wish me luck!

celticnoodle

I agree, pelicans are cool. They aren't like those bratty seagulls that wait for you to turn your back and attack your food cooler. The other day I was kicking it by the tide pools when this seagull flock was hanging around. They were much smarter than the average gulls because a couple of them were sneaking behind me checking out what goodies I had on my beach blanket. I got a weird feeling they were going to hit me from behind. This group was really aggressive! Maybe not Alfred Hitchcock aggressive but still. Plus they were yelling at me. :bugeyed:

I'm glad you are enjoying your time in FL. :)
flying rats. :laugh: that is what we always call them. They can be aggressive!

Okay!!!

very cool. I can't wait till I can get there (sometime next week, I hope?) and see everything they have to offer. I'm a fairly plane jane kinda gal though, so I am sure I will just go with clear mod podge, but we'll see. I am thinking of using black permanent marker for the rune symbols though. I also have to choose a box to contain it. I do have some black velvet material that was given to me by my sister years ago, so I could make tarot bags. But, I don't sew....(not sure what she was thinking...), but I think I can finally use it to line the box with. Plus, I am going to look for fairy house kits too. So exciting.

Good Luck, Goth! Can't wait to read about your adventure!

GotH

Project in progress
I will be adding a glitter sealer to these because I like sparkly things. :cool2:

Things I've learned:
Metallic pens don't show up very well- go with a solid color.
One could use a thicker Sharpie for thicker symbols- I went thinner to go with the thin shell creases.
Let the ink dry COMPLETELY (over night) before applying any sealer. DUH!

anie

OH my gosh!!! They look beautiful.
Added Glitter is always a good thing ;) What girl doesn't like a little sparkle huh!

With all this love and creativity I have to believe the energy charge will be strong.. I can't wait to hear about how they read for you...

oMg its snowing AGAIN where I am.. I want to be with shells on a beach in general right now!

Padma

Wow! Those are looking great, GotH! I bet the light glitter will be icing on the cake :)

GotH

Thanks anie! :D I need to learn the meanings..

I'll just go ahead and refrain from telling you what the temps are here today. You'll get to the beach soon, don't worry!

GotH

I hope so Padma! This project is ridiculously simple. Fun though..

Thanks for the suggestions..