Spongebob Oracle

Alissa

Yami Yugi, if you're a fan of the show, you should definitely see the episode where Squidward moves out, to the place where everyone is like him! That's one of my favorite episodes, it's a lot more about Squiddy than the others.

They all look the same, all ride their bike, loved canned bread, interpretive dance, play clarinet in the park.... Over and over..... and over. Every day. The same. Everyone. The same as the other.

Squiddy looses it in the midst of mass conformity and goes back to the insanity of his neighbors, who are nothing like him, instead.

You'd love Squidward! YEA SQUIDWARD!

miss_apples

I cant remember what show it was, it was either the Conan O'Brien show or the Daily show. However the guy who plays the voice of Spongebob was on there and he said that Squidward is supposed to be a homosexual. I find that fascinating and wonder if thats true. I just couldnt believe he said that though...I mean its a kids cartoon...I really dont think kids care about that sort of thing.

brandi124

Spongebob oracle, how funny! I wish my toddler liked Spongebob but for some reason that we can't figure out she is really scared of him and every time she sees him she says "No Way!" and runs away! :confused:

Alissa

"I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready, I'm ready~!!

really miss apples? that surprises me. I think any homosexuality in his character is a mute point, just like the kids do.

it isnt evident, in my opinion, in any way in the show. it's not even part of a subplot, or character "insinuation". it may be what the creators thought, but i dont think they brought that aspect to the actual cartoon, myself.

But I swear, whoever writes for SpongeBob has had a kid. SpongeBob woke up in one episode, sits up and exclaims, "I'm awaaaaake~!" in his cheeriest voice.

Once upon a time, my son woke up from inside his room and I heard him say, "I'm awake!"

It still makes me grin.

Laura Borealis

miss_apples said:
I cant remember what show it was, it was either the Conan O'Brien show or the Daily show. However the guy who plays the voice of Spongebob was on there and he said that Squidward is supposed to be a homosexual. I find that fascinating and wonder if thats true. I just couldnt believe he said that though...I mean its a kids cartoon...I really dont think kids care about that sort of thing.

If it was on Conan I'm not surprised... they do a lot of joking around about gayness on that show. (I've never seen the Daily show).

I always kind of thought Squidward was gay, but asexual. Asexual in a gay way, if that makes sense. Like you said, it's a kids' show. I can't remember them ever really dealing with sexual attraction at all -- maybe a crush -- and there was one ep where Spongebob went on a prom date, but other than that they seem to leave those issues alone.

On the other hand, I've heard a lot of people claim that Spongebob is gay, and I think he has that potential. :D This picture made me smile and I think would make a sweet pro-gay bumper sticker (see the attachment):

~Laura

Attachments

• imaginaaation.jpg
    imaginaaation.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 71

miss_apples

Laura...that is a great image!

I noticed that a lot of kids shows and movies are putting in very subtle adult content...I think to keep the adults slightly interested while they are subjected to the kids watching. I mean...have you guys seen Shrek?

Ok...I think we should create a spongebob oracle deck...and a Shrek oracle deck. Who is up for it?

Alissa

ROFLMAO~!

"Imaginaaaaaaaaaation!" (From the episode about having fun inside a cardboard box)

We do this in our house all the time, it's a joke in my home. As in, what's for dinner....?

"Use your imaginaaaaaaaation!" (Complete with the double handed wipe, ala Bob).

Or... "I never said we were going anywhere tomorrow, you're totally making that up."

Oh yea?

Yea, it's your "Imaginaaaaaaaation"!

HudsonGray

I remember some cartoon shows where they did some not so subtle 'sneak in something for the adults' stuff. Anyone old enough to remember Mr. Peabody, his boy Sherman & the Wayback Machine? And Tom Terriffic? That stuff's a hoot right now (to paraphrase my aunt), the only thing close to those anymore are the Simpsons.

brandi124

Oooh, a Simpsons Tarot! I can see it now:

Bart as the Devil
Lisa as the High Priestess
Marge as the Empress
Homer as the Fool
and on and on

Off topic, sorry!