Automatic Writing

Ani

Does anybody do automatic writing? I've just started channeling and would like to hear from someone with experience in this field.

purple_scorp

I have done some automatic writing but I'm by no means an expert.

Cheers

purple_scorp

zorya

i've only ever got a word or two at a time with automatic writing. i find that just listening works better for me.

HOLMES

i do channeling writing,

where i connect to my guide,
then open myself senses to guides message ,
and write mostly with my eyes closed at the type writer.

i could do it by pen but havne't done it that way in years.

automatic writing is a lot harder for it requiers to let the spirit actually take over the hand from what i understand,

however ruth montgomery books on spiritual teachings were written that way , she started automatic writing and then move on to typewriter.

Moongold

This might seem a strange question but what is exactly is autonomic writing?

I sometimes fall asleep at the keyboard but keep writing and sometimes it is really funny writing - it doesn't sound like me at all. Phrases that I would not normally use, and quite witty, sometimes innocent stuff.

It is almost the language of dreaming. By that I mean the surreal kind of language that you remember dreams by.

I suspect that is simply what is happening - that at some level I have fallen asleep but another part keeps functioning. I have a sleep disorder which is a little like that. Part of my body goes to sleep but legs particularly keep moving. They call it PMLS or night walking but this falling asleep and continuing to write is a relatively new variation (if it is the same thing).

What you sem to be discussing here is some other entity writing through you, is that correct?

Ani

Yeah, automatic writing is a way of channeling other entities, I channel one being in particular as most beings I've encountered don't prefer to write but to comunicate telepathically. I think what is happening in your case is you are making a writing connection with your subconcious, which is really cool, I guess it would be from the dreamtime. I hope you don't go out and get yourself in too much trouble while you are asleep, he he.

purple_scorp

Hi Moongold.

What you describe is exactly what I understand to be automatic writing.

I used a pen and a notepad and meditated first, then began to write. Just like you, I was amazed at some of the stuff that I had written, as it was a different writing style to my own.

I've also done this in a non-spiritual environment, as part of my writer's group. We had no topic, and just had to write whatever came into our heads, for the next fifteen to twenty minutes. It was amazing where the writing took each of us.

Cheers

purple_scorp

Osher

I've wanted to try this, but not sure how to attempt it, or even what dangers there are.

Ani

There could be many dangers as all spirits are not desirable. There has been a few times that I tried to contact my spirit guide and I just felt like there was someone else in the room that I didn't feel comfortable with, I also felt like I was warned by my spirit friend. After doing a thorough cleansing of the room it was OK to proceed. This probably is'nt for someone to dabble with if they don't understand the spirit world but more for someone who wants to be serious about it. If someone does decide to do this, just pay attention to what you feel.

purple_scorp

Ani said:
This probably isn't for someone to dabble with if they don't understand the spirit world but more for someone who wants to be serious about it. If someone does decide to do this, just pay attention to what you feel.

Happiness,

Ani has some good advice. I followed some instructions that I had found in a book. I think the book was about channeling, though it may have been about psychic development. I will see if I can hunt it down and post it here for you.

Cheers

purple_scorp