Automatic Writing

SongDeva

No dangers at all, I believe, if you take a precaution or two.

I would suggest you set your intention, and specifically decide "who" you will channel. For example:

1. Find the spark of light within yourself. I always find it in my stomach area.

2. Allow the spark to grow, until you are surrounded by light.

3. If you like, ask for protection from your guides, angels, god, etc.

4. Make a request or statement:
I am now ready to channel wisdom and information from my highst guides and masters; angels; god; beings only of the light, etc.

5. Remember that we operate here with the gift of free will. Whoever you channel can only answer questions, and/or make suggestions based on these questions.

In my experience, it doesn't work to say "so, what do I need to know today" as well as to say "My paycheck has not been deposited today as expected; is it safe to write a check today for that OOP tarot deck?" (hehehe) or "My tarot studies seem to be stuck in "Park" right now - do you recommend a new deck, or maybe an alternative path for now?"

I've had success in asking my guides to comment on a subject..."I've felt an overwhelming sense of angst lately....would you comment on this please?"

6. My guides recommended writing down questions and leaving space for their answers. I , like Holmes, listen more than do automatic writing, at least so far. I think, when you are listening, you are so in the zone that you manage to get it all down somewhat automatically, but can still be present for the process.

I think that Ruth Montgomery asked a question and let her fingers go, and later read the answer. When you listen, you can hear the responses, which is valuable in any conversation. It let's you know what to ask next, which makes the process more efficient. Holmes, any thoughts?

7. Definitively end the channeling session when you are done.
"I will close now, and thank all my guides and those who have gathered close to help. I send you my love and gladly receive yours. I look forward to working with you again." etc, etc.

8. Just as a matter of universal flow, it helps to follow the advice you are given to the best of your ability. I add this, in spite of my own spotty track record. :))

SongDeva

Moongold

purple_scorp said:
Hi Moongold.

What you describe is exactly what I understand to be automatic writing.

Hi Purple Scorp,

The difference is that I am sure that I am not channelling another spirit.

I know that when this happens I'm usually exhausted, so that I fall partly asleep, but part of my brain remains awake, and this is the part that functions at least a little normally. I think it is alittle like sleep walking perhaps and can be largely understood in a purely physical sense.

I have never had the experience of contact with another spirit, and don't expect it.

What I experience is almost like a dream.

Many blessings,

Moongold

Aura Wolf

Moongold said:
Hi Purple Scorp,

I know that when this happens I'm usually exhausted, so that I fall partly asleep, but part of my brain remains awake, and this is the part that functions at least a little normally. I think it is alittle like sleep walking perhaps and can be largely understood in a purely physical sense.

I have never had the experience of contact with another spirit, and don't expect it.

What I experience is almost like a dream.

Many blessings,

Moongold

If it helps, Moongold, something similar happened to my boyfriend. He had been on the internet talking to me but disappeared, then later on came back out of nowhere, apparently sleepwalking although I of course didn't know at the time, and started typing to me, but his words were mostly jumbled because the keyboard was upside down and he was having a conversation with me, but I didn't really understand it because he seemed angry for some reason. It was hilarious when I found out! I know he was sleepwalking because he didn't remember a thing about it the next day and had no idea how his keyboard got turned around. It was very bizarre.

I've never tried automatic writing but it's something I'd really like to do someday, if I could only shut off my brain for a few minutes :) What happened to you doesn't really sound like you were channelling a spirit--how could you during sleep? Unless of course they're the ones somehow controlling the 'awake' parts of your body ;)

purple_scorp

Oops, sorry

Moongold said:
Hi Purple Scorp,

Hi Moongold,

I hope I haven't come off sounding like a "know-all", as that wasn't my intention, and I did say at the outset of this thread, that I was by no means an expert. So sorry about that.

I see what you mean by the difference. Perhaps not channeling another spirit as such, but perhaps channeling your Higher sElf, which can still reveal amazing things.

That reminds me of a friend who is a real skeptic. He thinks he may have seen "ghosts" at different times, though, each of these times he has been in a drowsy state, just awaking, and he is not 100% sure whether he really saw them, or they were part of his dreams, so to speak.

Could there be a fine line between the two???

Cheers

purple_scorp

Ani

I think that when you are half asleep your brain waves are slower and you can perceive spirits better, as I have to put myself in a very relaxed state to see auras and spirits. I also think when you are asleep you are in contact with the spirit world as you finally shut off from your physical self, we receive messages from our higher self and spirits all the time, where else do all those great ideas come from. The problem is that our intelect has to find a rational explanation for everything, All I know for sure is that nobody Knows anything for sure.

Moongold

Hi Purple_Scorp, Dead Star and others,

This whole thing is interesting isn't it.

I simply wanted to be clear that I wasn't claiming to be channelling in the same way as others here do. I would not seek that kind of experience and would be quite disturbed if I had it.

I have just begun to hear a different internal voice that makes me feel close to my Guides. You have no idea how hard it has been for me to think that I have Guides as well.

Anyway folks, this is a new experience or consciousness and I am happy simply with this. Sometimes I could hardly hear the internal voice/s. There seemed to be a tremendous distance. What happened was more like the intimation of a breath and I saw it only in memory. Now it feels much different and the consciousness of the internal voice is real.

Moongold

purple_scorp

Moongold said:
What happened was more like the intimation of a breath and I saw it only in memory.

Moongold, your statement here is interesting. That reminded me of something that I once read about Deja vue. The article suggested that perhaps sometimes deja vue can be attributed to one side of the brain working a split second quicker than the other side. Whereas we perceive that the incident may have taken place a long time ago, sometimes in another life etc, it may have only just occurred momentarily.

Cheers

purple_scorp