dreaming of working in an office with meat

Ace

Can I talk about some weird dream I had, please?

I dreamt I was working in an office and we had created a product that preserved meat in plastic bags. They didn't look like they were very protected: they were in loose and flimsy plastic with a folded over lid that stuck down. I was (in the dream) skeptical but others reassured me it was very good.

We all had different cuts of beef. I had a very big and thick T-bone (a cut I do like and this one would cook up a treat. But why was I working in an OFFICE?

I have dreamed that a few times recently. Because I am very worried about money right now and thinking about what I SHOULD have done when I worked for a steady paycheck (now over 15 years ago! and 20 years since a FULL time steady job!) I am thinking on it now. But I KNOW I don't want an office job, but what am I thinking about here?

What does working in an Office MEAN? Am I looking for structure in my life? or just stability and more money?

barb

bluelagune

Beef - pay very close attention to your health. If the meat is rotten, go see a doctor.
Chickens - live, gossip and fights in the house.
Working in the office even though you do not work in one means you feeling the need to change you work situation.

(Translated)

danieljuk

Hi Ace,
I think it's key in your dream what you feel about meat. For example if you don't eat meat, it becomes a negative dream. It seems like you are okay about that and also think about your fave cuts of meat (if you do eat it). If that big T-bone is what you like that is quite positive.

For me this dream has strong themes of anxiety and regret. The office represents structure and work and I think a safe regular life, each day you go to an office, work 9 to 5 and earn income. I think the meat and the preserving meat in the plastic bags represents putting something away for the future (like money for a rainy day). "If you had this safe and stable job, you would be in a safer financial situation", it's a sort of hindsight/ regret theme. But if you did have that job, you would probably be bored out of your mind! Also you don't know if that meat preserving would work long time.

I know some friends of my family who took big risks in work, like instead of a normal job like that, they went freelance or became consultants. Some of them did well out of it, others really struggled with the financial bad times and it's difficult without that "safe job". I see this dream entirely about worrying what you should have done or thinking back over it. But I think you are viewing this with rose tinted glasses, it might not have given you safety and stability now, thus the meat might not preserve, you might hate the office work. You picked the more risky option back then but I think ultimately might be happier (but maybe not so rich).

I don't think you should keep going back over it, life happens as it does! You might not have had a full time job in all that time and might be worrying now but the important thing here is to find something you love! It's far better than spending years in a mundane, safe job! (((Ace))) Try and work through the regret, I think you are just feeling this with stress over money!

Padma

I think the T-bone is some kind of hefty raise, or prosperity.

Since office = mundane and dull, and meat does not belong there, the fact that you are receiving the meat means to me hard work will pay off handsomely in the end. But as meat does not belong in an office, it seems to me you do not believe in your own efforts, or even believe there will be a reward for all your endless work! The fact that it came in flimsy wrapping might mean financial worries or insecurities.

But as the meat was just fine, and your cut was what you wanted, or liked, it seems to me that your dream signifies being rewarded for work, or that you will have enough, despite your worries. I think it is a reassuring dream! :)

Ace

Beef - pay very close attention to your health. If the meat is rotten, go see a doctor.
Working in the office even though you do not work in one means you feeling the need to change you work situation.

(Translated)

I am watching my health but there may be issues developing like the meat was a little off....

For me this dream has strong themes of anxiety and regret. The office represents structure and work and I think a safe regular life, each day you go to an office, work 9 to 5 and earn income. I think the meat and the preserving meat in the plastic bags represents putting something away for the future (like money for a rainy day). "If you had this safe and stable job, you would be in a safer financial situation", it's a sort of hindsight/ regret theme. But if you did have that job, you would probably be bored out of your mind! Also you don't know if that meat preserving would work long time.

You picked the more risky option back then but I think ultimately might be happier (but maybe not so rich).

I agree with you danieljuk! have been feeling a bit troubled by not having steady income. I am NOT sorry I left when I did but if I had lasted another 9 years I would have 3 times as much income in retirement as I do now. But I would probably have killed myself too. So I am glad I left.

But the meat was like a paycheck--not perfect and not well preserved really--but then I am struggling NOT to spend savings right now. But a very rich luxury all the same. I don't eat big steaks often!

I have never regretted leaving my job for what I do now, but sometimes when money is going out and going out....I wish for a regular paycheck so I could budget better. But it is all good all the same.

Thanks, guys for your help. that makes me feel much better.

barb

Ace

I think the T-bone is some kind of hefty raise, or prosperity.

But as the meat was just fine, and your cut was what you wanted, or liked, it seems to me that your dream signifies being rewarded for work, or that you will have enough, despite your worries. I think it is a reassuring dream! :)

I sincerely hope it means prosperity. I am feeling such a pinch right now! But work is coming in and one can only hope it continues for the better.

Thank you, Padma for the insights.
barb