feather falling to my left side

starchaser1277

While walking today I had something happen that has never happened to me before (and I walk a lot ) ....

I have had a pretty emotional time lately, experiencing my full share of heart breaks this year alone. While walking trying to regroup and center myself, listening to my radio, Better Middler,s "the Rose" came on. As I was listening to the first verses a single black and white feather floated down in front of me to my life side. I walked closer to it and extended my hand and waited for it to touch my fingers. I kept it and brought it home.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? Felt like a sign to me.
Jess

GotH

Could it be a sign to you from above that you aren't alone during this time of challenge? They say when this happens your angels are letting you know they are right by your side. Angels are known to help those who feel lost and confused so maybe this was simply a "hug" from your guardian.

Best of luck finding your peace and happiness along the path..

G

starchaser1277

Could it be a sign to you from above that you aren't alone during this time of challenge? They say when this happens your angels are letting you know they are right by your side. Angels are known to help those who feel lost and confused so maybe this was simply a "hug" from your guardian.

Best of luck finding your peace and happiness along the path..

G

That's what I was thinking as well. It seemed so perfect the song, the peace I was feeling at the time. It just had a meant to happen feel to it. Like someone was saying don't lose hope.

Thank you!

elektrius

in native american tradition birds are sacred spirits and bird feathers are treated with a lot of respect as they carry the "medicine" of that spirit. i would find out w the help of a book or online research what bird the feather is from and see what kind of message and healing it carries with it's energy. native americans make fans from them and keep them on their altars. that's a very nice thing to come to you!

Sharla

This exact same thing has happened to me a few times, and i do believe in them being signs that your not alone and something is there with you. Well i refer to them as my guardian angels, im not sure what your beliefs are in Angels.

A little story for you from my side, i asked my angel to show me a baby pink feather if they were infact here for me like i thought .....one day a few weeks later this was, id picked my son up from school and we were walking home and i said to my son if you see a pink feather babes pick it me up, so he's looking on the field of grass we were walking through looking for a pink feather ....and then to my amazement a little baby pink feather was sat right there on the grass.

I had to blink a few times and asked my son if i was dreaming lol, then i picked it up and i just felt this rush of emotion come through my body, where i nearly started crying and then it turned to laughter.

Ive got a little jar with feathers that ive collected, but this one is a special one, and goes on my love altar in my bedroom in a little pot whats got two love birds on top.

moodclad

Definitely a message.
As already suggested, I would check-out what kind of bird and see what medicine it brings you.
I wonder if you feel like you have no ground under you, like your free-falling in life at the moment; you will have a gentle landing as someone will loving catch you - ever better its you that can be that loving compassionate landing place for yourself (now that is truly a rare blessings.)
Add on the left side - which for me is the feminine side of receptivity - and the open hand that was able to catch the heavenly gift ... blessing/healing is all around you, and you don't need to "work" for it. It will come to you easily, you just need to be open to seeing and receiving.

starchaser1277

in native american tradition birds are sacred spirits and bird feathers are treated with a lot of respect as they carry the "medicine" of that spirit. i would find out w the help of a book or online research what bird the feather is from and see what kind of message and healing it carries with it's energy. native americans make fans from them and keep them on their altars. that's a very nice thing to come to you!

I tried to look up the type of bird it may have come from online to no avail. However I am looking up the color meanings, black and white. Some online articles do say it is believed to be a message from the spirit. I'm keeping it on my dresser as a small reminder and journaled about it.

starchaser1277

This exact same thing has happened to me a few times, and i do believe in them being signs that your not alone and something is there with you. Well i refer to them as my guardian angels, im not sure what your beliefs are in Angels.

A little story for you from my side, i asked my angel to show me a baby pink feather if they were infact here for me like i thought .....one day a few weeks later this was, id picked my son up from school and we were walking home and i said to my son if you see a pink feather babes pick it me up, so he's looking on the field of grass we were walking through looking for a pink feather ....and then to my amazement a little baby pink feather was sat right there on the grass.

I had to blink a few times and asked my son if i was dreaming lol, then i picked it up and i just felt this rush of emotion come through my body, where i nearly started crying and then it turned to laughter.

Ive got a little jar with feathers that ive collected, but this one is a special one, and goes on my love altar in my bedroom in a little pot whats got two love birds on top.
I do believe wholeheartedly in angels watch over us and send us messages to let us know they are with us! I'm going to perhaps asking to receive a special colored feather the next time as you did, would be very neat:)
I've never personally had anything like this happen to me before it was such a wonder feeling.

starchaser1277

Definitely a message.
As already suggested, I would check-out what kind of bird and see what medicine it brings you.
I wonder if you feel like you have no ground under you, like your free-falling in life at the moment; you will have a gentle landing as someone will loving catch you - ever better its you that can be that loving compassionate landing place for yourself (now that is truly a rare blessings.)
Add on the left side - which for me is the feminine side of receptivity - and the open hand that was able to catch the heavenly gift ... blessing/healing is all around you, and you don't need to "work" for it. It will come to you easily, you just need to be open to seeing and receiving.

I do feel as though I am not grounded, just as you said free falling a bit. I liked your reference here. A gentle landing would be a very welcomed thought. It did make me feel as though blessings and healing was around me. I listened to the song again and it touched me further like it was what I was ment to be taught at this moment as well. It was the first verse where she sings "I say love it is a flower and you its only seed" felt so ment to be.

cozmo0_4

I've just posted today about feathers. Very strange how they suddenly come to you when they're needed.
Hope things are better for you now.